Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-20, 07:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hi Fierce Ones!

Manley thanks for finding those rotations!!

I love the building strength rotation and have modified it below to suit me. I realize it's slightly different from what kittybug has planned. If two workouts are listed then it's because I can't decide ...lol!

KittybugI know I need two days between the GS upper body workouts for my shoulders so I won't do GS legs until Tues. But you and I will be doing chest and tris together!

I don't have any IMAX or High step challenge so will sub in something else when you have those listed. I'm still trying to learn low max because I just picked it up. I have done the workouts as is so I may explore the premixes (esp. since you have already reminded me how tough GS legs is!!)

I think I could do GS two weeks in a row but not sure I could stick with it longer...it's pretty tough!

I'm excited about us sharing our thoughts again :-)

Here's my plan for the next 2 weeks:

Week 1
Sun: Stretch plus Drill max/Low Max
Mon: GS Chest/Tri
Tues: GS Legs
Wed: Total body stretch, pilates
Thurs: GS Back/Should/Bi
Fri: Core Movements Tracie Long
Sat: Muscle Max

Week 2

Mon: GS Back/Should/Bi
Tues: Kickmax/High step circuit
Wed: Core Movements Tracie Long
Thurs: GS Chest Tri
Fri: GS Legs
Sat: Pilates plus stretch
Sun: Muscle Max

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 07:45 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I don't know either! Honestly, there is no one in my real life that works out like we do. My husband does work out, but it's different and not as consistent. He does comment on how tough Cathe workouts are. We affectionately call her "kill me Cathe."
Lol, kill me Cathe!

And no one in my real life works out this way. Most of my friends will go on walks with me though when I can get away. But working out at home is my preference.

kittybug if my husband tries to hang around and act the fool when I am working out I tell him, "I'm gonna make you do this with me if you stay in here any longer."
He always hightails it out.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 02-10-20, 10:46 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lol, kill me Cathe!

And no one in my real life works out this way. Most of my friends will go on walks with me though when I can get away. But working out at home is my preference.

kittybug if my husband tries to hang around and act the fool when I am working out I tell him, "I'm gonna make you do this with me if you stay in here any longer."
He always hightails it out.
I do the same thing, tell him he's welcome to join me or get the heck out! But I think he secretly respects the heck out of what I do, though he'd never say so. He at least respects how often I work out when he has a hard time motivating himself to get to the gym a few times a week.

Speaking of how often, fanofladyvols, your rotation looks killer and you don't have any true off days!!! You FIERCE!! I always need my Saturdays off at the very least!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 03:27 PM  
manleym

Quote:
I don't have any IMAX or High step challenge so will sub in something else when you have those listed. I'm still trying to learn low max because I just picked it up. I have done the workouts as is so I may explore the premixes (esp. since you have already reminded me how tough GS legs is!!)

I think I could do GS two weeks in a row but not sure I could stick with it longer...it's pretty tough!

I'm excited about us sharing our thoughts again :-)

Here's my plan for the next 2 weeks:

Week 1
Sun: Stretch plus Drill max/Low Max
Mon: GS Chest/Tri
Tues: GS Legs
Wed: Total body stretch, pilates
Thurs: GS Back/Should/Bi
Fri: Core Movements Tracie Long
Sat: Muscle Max

Week 2

Mon: GS Back/Should/Bi
Tues: Kickmax/High step circuit
Wed: Core Movements Tracie Long
Thurs: GS Chest Tri
Fri: GS Legs
Sat: Pilates plus stretch
Sun: Muscle Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Speaking of how often, fanofladyvols, your rotation looks killer and you don't have any true off days!!! You FIERCE!! I always need my Saturdays off at the very least!!
Yes Fanofladyvols! Your rotation does look killer and you are fierce! I've never done Imax 3 or Low Max so I may adjust as well. Funny you added Tracie's Core Movements because I was thinking along the same lines. I thought I could do a premix of Imax 3 or Low Max and then a mobility/flexibility workout. And I happen to have all of Tracie's CM.

I'm not sure how long I'll do HC only workouts either. I think I will like them better in a mixed rotation with other workouts, rather than just a HC rotation, so I may only do them for a couple of weeks as well.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 06:37 PM  
manleym

Quote:
I just finished GS Legs and oh my goodness, I do believe I'm gonna be hurting later! Those slow lunges and that floor work with the ball, step, and band were just PURE EVIL! I can see how this workout would be really effective if done regularly.
Totally agree! YOWZA!!
Old 02-10-20, 06:53 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lol, nobody be too impressed please. I will never hesitate to take a rest day if my body says nope, lil lady.

And I actually do have a Sunday rest day in between the weeks.

Also, keep in mind that when I did Low Max, I used only the step platform and the intervals premix of 5-7. That's plenty of a workout for me

So wanted to say that my past experience of Gym styles chest taught me to tack on another warmup before the one in the workout. My fav upper body warmup is Karen Voight's Burn and Firm. I also did the Timesaver premix and it's going to be the way I do this workout from here on out. Here's my other modifications:
I alternate pull-up progressions with the pushups.
I do the stability ball seesaw triceps instead of tricep dips.
I do the incline flys in the stability ball.
And I do the final stretch on the stability ball.

The Timesaver main workout ends around 29 min and with stretch it finishes at 32:33. I seriously thought it was perfect length even though I personally need more stretch after.

Manley my favorite Tracie workouts from recent years are her Core Movements.. especially 3/4 and 5/6.

Old 02-10-20, 07:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Fierce friends, I just finished GS Chest and Triceps. Oh. My. God. Shaky shaky! And nobody is more surprised than me to say this, but I did all 72 of those dang push-ups on my toes. Every. One. When the heck did I become able to do that??? It was probably first-timer's luck and will NEVER happen again, hah!!

I followed it up with the Low Max intervals 1 through 4 premix, which was sorta a mistake after GS Legs yesterday. Oops!

Soooo, this series is no joke, eh? Fanofladyvols, I love your mods! Brilliant! And manleym, glad I'm not the only one feeling that way about the legs!

I think tomorrow Imax 3 is going to be on just the platform since I still don't really know it. The last time I tried it, I caught my foot because I didn't know where it was going and went up in the air horizontally, landing HARD on my shin, hip, knee, and hand! My entire shin was bruised for weeks and I'm still shocked I didn't hurt myself more than that! Needless to say, I will be taking it slow to learn!
Old 02-10-20, 07:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Fierce friends, I just finished GS Chest and Triceps. Oh. My. God. Shaky shaky! And nobody is more surprised than me to say this, but I did all 72 of those dang push-ups on my toes. Every. One. When the heck did I become able to do that??? It was probably first-timer's luck and will NEVER happen again, hah!!
kittybug way to go!!! That's so impressive!! Now let us know tomorrow if you can dress yourself

Old 02-10-20, 07:36 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
kittybug way to go!!! That's so impressive!! Now let us know tomorrow if you can dress yourself
Hah hah hah! I doubt it...I can barely type this and that's just my fingers trying to move!!
Old 02-10-20, 08:00 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Manley my favorite Tracie workouts from recent years are her Core Movements.. especially 3/4 and 5/6.
Good to know Fanofladyvols! I've tried each workout once, but it's been awhile. I was wondering which one you're planning on doing, so thanks!

Quote:

I followed it up with the Low Max intervals 1 through 4 premix, which was sorta a mistake after GS Legs yesterday. Oops!

I think tomorrow Imax 3 is going to be on just the platform since I still don't really know it. The last time I tried it, I caught my foot because I didn't know where it was going and went up in the air horizontally, landing HARD on my shin, hip, knee, and hand! My entire shin was bruised for weeks and I'm still shocked I didn't hurt myself more than that! Needless to say, I will be taking it slow to learn!
YOU.GO.GIRL!!!! I am in AWE!!!

Be careful! Please don't hurt yourself again and so glad you're weren't hurt any worse than you were!

Great idea about the platform and like all of the mods suggested. I will do the same with Imax 3 since I've never done it. Looks like there's a lot of jumping on and off the step so just the platform will be better for learning it. When I was previewing it today there's one move where I thought, "Oh no! There's NO WAY I'm doing that with 2 risers on each side!!!"

Stay strong my fierce friends!!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in