Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-20, 03:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Ok, imagine you are watching a cartoon and you hear the "er er er" of brakes being applied and a car coming to a screeching halt. That is me, finally realizing that when horusosiris mentioned 300 Cathe Live videos, she meant she had done each and every one of them!!! Holy smokes!! Wow! That is super cool. I really thought you were just commenting that there were that many. I guess I read too fast!

Oh, and on learning new choreography..... I forgot to mention that it makes me think of learning a new song on the piano. My teacher always tells me to "go banana slug slow" because if you learn mistakes, you will always "want" to play those mistakes. I was feeling that way with some of the combos the other day -- I didn't quite get it the first time and I kept making the same mistake!

This morning I did Total Body Trisets Lower Body. That is a good one. I think I will feel it tomorrow. I mostly matched Cathe's weights -- which I couldn't get anywhere near when I first started checking in here, so thank you all! I am not really sore from yesterday's Stacked Upper -- I have to remember that. It's a good one for a less intense day, but it doesn't do much.

I haven't actually ordered Classics and Ramped Upper Body yet, but I am very close. Might happen before the end of the day.

Waves all around!
Old 05-30-20, 03:11 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Ok, imagine you are watching a cartoon and you hear the "er er er" of brakes being applied and a car coming to a screeching halt. That is me, finally realizing that when horusosiris mentioned 300 Cathe Live videos, she meant she had done each and every one of them!!! Holy smokes!! Wow! That is super cool. I really thought you were just commenting that there were that many. I guess I read too fast!

Oh, and on learning new choreography..... I forgot to mention that it makes me think of learning a new song on the piano. My teacher always tells me to "go banana slug slow" because if you learn mistakes, you will always "want" to play those mistakes. I was feeling that way with some of the combos the other day -- I didn't quite get it the first time and I kept making the same mistake!

This morning I did Total Body Trisets Lower Body. That is a good one. I think I will feel it tomorrow. I mostly matched Cathe's weights -- which I couldn't get anywhere near when I first started checking in here, so thank you all! I am not really sore from yesterday's Stacked Upper -- I have to remember that. It's a good one for a less intense day, but it doesn't do much.

I haven't actually ordered Classics and Ramped Upper Body yet, but I am very close. Might happen before the end of the day.

Waves all around!
Bee what a great, great accomplishment! Matching Cathe in weight is phenomenal! Woo hoo Bee!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 07:33 PM  
Mickey12

I did Amy Dixon’s Breathless Body 4 today. I really appreciate that Amy gives a little time to catch your breath by showing the next move. I also like the modifier, so helpful when I am totally exhausted! I liked this one because there is so much variety with the use of weights. I really liked the frog jump biceps move - so much fun! I also liked that there was less impact than the other BB workouts. Good stuff!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 10:28 AM  
ChelePA

Can't believe it's June 1st!!! Daughter is officially done with school plus now that we are headed to yellow, she is returning to work. Just hope we have this virus under control.

Today I did Cathe's Live You Bet Your Bootcamp. I had to modify some of the cardio since I'm still low impact with my foot. Loved the variety and yet again another one with no repeats---which I prefer. I was able to match Cathe's weights in this one. More metabolic then strength which was perfect for me. I may do a core workout later since there were no abs in the bootcamp.

Have a great day!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 12:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes..... rabbit, rabbit!! Happy June.

Thanks, Kim. I did not match weights today. Today I started a week or so of Fit Split for the first time. I did Mixed Impact Cardio + Pull Day. I realized partway through that I'd done the cardio section, but I know I've never done any of the weights from Fit Split. She went pretty heavy here -- 30 pound dumbbell for back rows -- I don't even own a 30 pound, so I used 25. Seems like a good workout.

Waves!!
Old 06-01-20, 02:41 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Yes..... rabbit, rabbit!! Happy June.

Thanks, Kim. I did not match weights today. Today I started a week or so of Fit Split for the first time. I did Mixed Impact Cardio + Pull Day. I realized partway through that I'd done the cardio section, but I know I've never done any of the weights from Fit Split. She went pretty heavy here -- 30 pound dumbbell for back rows -- I don't even own a 30 pound, so I used 25. Seems like a good workout.

Waves!!
Love Fit Split! She definitely goes a little heavier in this series. I rarely match her for upper body unless it's an intermediate workout or metabolic.
Old 06-01-20, 06:03 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

I hope you are all doing well and are SAFE!!

Kim I'm glad you liked BB 4! It's my favorite BB!

ChelePA, agree that it's hard to believe it's June 1st. Hope things go well with your daughter returning to work.

My body needed something different today, so this morning I learned Cathe's Greatest Hits on the platform and this afternoon I did Amy Bento Cardio Pump Hi/Lo. Fun workout! Totally what I needed today! Not as intense as Cathe, but overall a keeper.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing a live workout on Cathe's Facebook page. I can't remember the guys name, but he's leading a kickbox workout, then Cathe's following up with lower body. Ya'll will remember his name.

Waves to all! Please take good care of yourselves and stay safe!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 06:16 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Playing catch-up really quick here gals! Wish I had time to respond to everyone...love your workouts and conversation! Keep them coming!

Still nursing this ankle...it might be starting to loosen up but I'm not quite there yet. Perhaps this injury is trying to tell me I need a break from ballistic high-impact stuff for a bit!

Sunday was Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders. When I did this one before, I wasn't feeling the legs so much, so this time, I went heavier than Cathe when I could and BOY do I feel it today! Also, husband and I took a very long walk last night because the weather was perfect! We have several duck couples in our neighborhood and I was hoping to see some adorable baby ducklings, but no such luck!

Then today, I decided to break out my Ultimate Yogi set and did the Cardio practice (AKA death by Vinyasa, hah hah hah) and it felt...delicious! I'm so happy to report it didn't feel nearly as hard as I remember, though it has been a long time since I last did it. But, I feel like my personal strength and endurance levels have improved so much since those days. Yay!

Tomorrow will be Slow and Heavy Chest, Back and Core. I am loving Slow and Heavy, it's like meditation in movement! And the DOMS! But I giggle every time she says 'pause your VCR' or 'you can stop the tape' or things along those lines that remind me just how old these workouts are!

Oh, Manleym, that Nate (I think that's his name?)...I've seen him in some of Cathe's Live clips and he's super awesome to watch. Report back on that class, please! I wish she'd have him in her videos in the future!

Stay fierce, everyone!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 10:03 AM  
ChelePA

Manelym...I'm also hoping to catch the Cathe Live with Nate at 4 pm. If not, I was hoping she would offer it as a freebie

Today I did the Time to Hiit It, Low Impact Live. This is the first time I was able to do this one without having to modify. It really gets the heart pumping despite being low impact. It was a favorite when I was using it as a chair cardio type workout. Love it even more now that I can do it as intended.

I also did a super tough core workout from an instructor at the Y. I seriously couldn't even come close to some of the exercises she was doing. Lots of modifications on this one.

Kim...glad all is well with your new kitty! I have considered talking to my mom about adopting an older dog. She still works full time so it definitely would need to be more gentle with lower energy. But she loves when she dog sits for my brother and sister. Thought it might be great company since she lives alone and doesn't want to move in with any of us...haha.
Old 06-02-20, 10:22 AM  
ChelePA

Cathe Live at 4 pm has been postponed. New date June 9th.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in