Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-18, 02:37 PM  
lesia

Underrated Workouts?

Are there any workouts you do that are considered "underrated"? You know the ones that get right to it, intensity is just right, and you keep going back to them?

If there's a workout program out there, I've probably done at least 80% of them and know about the other 20%

Since July I've been on a Body Project kick. I actually found them searching on youtube for something else and their workouts popped up.

There are about 30 free workouts listing on youtube and it's those workouts that got me to become a member of TBP (Team Body Project).

At first, the workouts appear easy, light weights, and people moving at different speeds (very similar to a gym workout/bootcamp that I use to do in college 30 years ago!) I scoffed at first but when I figured out how to make it work for me (heavier weights with inclusion of a 6-8 inch step for cardio drills) I felt like I'd hit the jackpot.

Daniel and Alex have recently relocated to Brisbane, Australia and are opening a filming studio this month. More workouts, better music, better coaching (heck I was happy with what was on the website)

I can honestly say that these two really care about making the best workouts. I'm a member of their private FB workout group and the members are some of the nicest people I've never met. Both Daniel & Alex are active within the group.

I'm excited that they are coming to Atlanta for TBP Experience in 2019. You betcha I plan to be there.

Now I have a running review of all the workouts (from Youtube and the member site) on our Check-ins and Challenges if you wanted to see how some of the workouts are formatted.

They give me the impression of 80 Day Obsession and don't use very heavy weights, but no two workouts are the same.

TBP may not be your thing, but do you have a workout or a series of workouts that are underrated yet are awesome to you? I love discovering something that I can do consistently yet actually enjoy doing.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-18, 04:34 PM  
marki64

I always thoight Sharon Twombly was underrated. I think she has some good workouts, especially her CIA's.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 09:20 AM  
Demeris

I think Mirabai Holland is underrated. She's great for beginners, for anyone recovering from illness, and she had an advanced workout that is just great--maybe not puke in the bucket, but she works every muscle, and you can up your weights if you want.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 12:07 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I think Mirabai Holland is underrated. She's great for beginners, for anyone recovering from illness, and she had an advanced workout that is just great--maybe not puke in the bucket, but she works every muscle, and you can up your weights if you want.
Mirabai is the first instructor I thought of, too.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 08:06 PM  
kristiep

UFC Fit and Katami 4x4 are great programs. I think they were released right before the bottom dropped out with DVD sales so they did not seem to get the traction as some other multi-workout sets.

From an individual DVD perspective, I'd nominate:

- Biggest Loser Calorie Crush and 8-Minute Body Blasters. They are well-organized with good instruction from both Bob and Dolvett.

- Jillian Michaels 6-Week 6-Pack -- Not often mentioned as a Jillian favorite, but it is TERRIFIC. Each routine is tough and very effective for the core and fat burning.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 06:19 AM  
hocuspocus

I totally agree Jillian Michaels 6 Weeks 6 Pack is underrated!!!!
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 07:00 AM  
bubbles76

I like Andrea Metcalf's workouts - Keeping Fit Strength, Keeping Fit Cardio, and I'm sure I'll like Keeping Fit Pilates once I try it . I like her friendliness, the music, the low key atmosphere, the pacing, it all works for me. I also like Strong Body, Ageless Body and Strong Body, Fit Body with Erin O'Brien, although I can see how some may think how she talks is a bit condescending. The workouts are solid, the atmosphere is lovely, and the length is perfect - I want to say 45 minutes each.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 07:10 AM  
Garrie A.

-Marianne Nicolosi's Body Art (only on VHS and hard to find, 75 minute total body workout using light weights and Dynabands)
-Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Ageless Body and Strong Body, Fit Body (I don't find Erin condescending at all; I find her warm and enthusiastic)
-Becky Chamberlain's Kicked Up Step aka CIA 2k04 (One of my best acquires this year, and yes, I even like the tinfoil suit ; VHS only)
-Gilad's Sculpt & Tone and Step & Tone workouts
-Yoga Booty Ballet
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 07:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Gary, love my YBBs
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 08:29 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

+1 Erin O'Brien's workouts

Jeanette Jenkins' old HT workouts: Cardio Sculpt, Kickboxing Bootcamp and others (I was introduced to them within the past year now that they're only a few dollars each on Amazon)

Violet Zaki's 'Weight Loss' workouts for Acacia: Cardio Sculpt and Cardio Kick.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body art, marianne nicolosi, underrated workouts