Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-19-17, 10:52 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

1. If you could get rid of any Thanksgiving staple food, what would it be?
Creamy stuff: creamed onions, green bean casserole with the beans in cream sauce, corn pudding. I'm not big on gravy either.

2. What is something you love to do around Thanksgiving? Or, who is someone you love to see around Thanksgiving?
I like planning and cooking the meal. My dad takes Amtrak to us for the holiday week and that's great.

3. What are your plans for the upcoming holiday(s)?
Home and hosting Thanksgiving. Home for Christmas. Between the two, away for 1-1/2 weeks helping my dad move from PA to OH.

4. What fitness gift are you tempted/planning to buy yourself - especially given Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Beachbody on Demand

5. What memory do you have of hanging out on VF over the holiday season (gift exchange, New Year's exercise-a-thon, holiday workouts, something totally random, etc.)
I love the 24 Hours of Fitness on New Years Day. So much fun reading about everyone's workouts, and planning my own so I can participate in the thread.

6. What is one thing you want to do differently next year?
Come up with travel rotations or workout plans for when I'm traveling. We just bought an apartment overseas and either I need to come up with equipment-free travel workouts, or find a good gym and/or yoga studio near the apartment.
Old 11-20-17, 08:08 AM  
Rhonda

Yams; gravy

2. What is something you love to do around Thanksgiving? Or, who is someone you love to see around Thanksgiving?
We are traveling to see my Dad in KY.

A little traveling, hubby's family over for Christmas.

4. What fitness gift are you tempted/planning to buy yourself - especially given Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Not sure, guess it will depend on what I see on sale.

5. What memory do you have of hanging out on VF over the holiday season (gift exchange, New Year's exercise-a-thon, holiday workouts, something totally random, etc.)
The gift exchange, I have only done is a few years but it is fun.

I really want to stay on track with pilates/callanetics/yoga. I say it each year and then I don't do any of them. So taking it slowly and planning on 15 mins or so of one of them in the evening.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 08:27 AM  
Cher

--Squash!

--Excited my DS will be home from college for a few extra days. Also, only having to go to one place instead of my families and rushing off to DH's family like we normally have to do.

--For TG...Going to my cousins house where my parents will be and my aunts, uncles and cousins which we only see pretty much on holidays since everyone is busy with their own things now. For Christmas...My parent's Christmas Eve afternoon, then to my sister's for Christmas Eve with extended family, then Christmas morning with my DH family, then I will be cooking dinner Christmas Day for my parents and any of my inlaws that don't have anyplace else to go for dinner Christmas Day.

4. What fitness gift are you tempted/planning to buy yourself - especially given Black Friday and Cyber Monday? (Gotta keep this on topic )
--Nothing since I preordered Cathe's and KCM's new set, just bought Jessica's new set, and bought Cathe's Fit Tower off QVC last month. I have to be done spending on myself for a while.

--Love all the wonderful friends I have made through VF!

--Would like to get back into more of a regular workout routine and, of course, eating better.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 08:42 AM  
alisoncooks

Turkey. Not my favorite.

2. What is something you love to do around Thanksgiving?
Decorate my Christmas tree, LOL. We like to get it done around the start of November.

We spend Thanksgiving with my MIL in VA.

4. What fitness gift are you tempted/planning to buy yourself - especially given Black Friday and Cyber Monday? (Gotta keep this on topic )
I have no plans to buy anything, but that won't stop me from browsing...

I remember sitting in our hotel room, scrolling through the sales page on Total Fitness DVDs site.

Exercise. Full stop.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 09:12 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

1. Which Thanksgiving food would you get rid of ?
Green bean casserole. I cringe when I see that one. I don't like gravy, either.

2. Who do you love to see?
Love spending time with my good friends and family.

3. What are your plans for the upcoming holiday?

Hanging out here in South Florida, and probably doing some swimming. Will visit NY and PA in December. Clearly, a lot colder than here.

4. Fitness gift?
I am eyeing those MMA fitness gloves Cathe is sporting in her upcoming workouts. Also, just ordered a Manduka yoga mat and bag. Excited!

5. Memory of VF during holidays?
Enjoy the gift exchange every year. I also usually do the VF New Year's exercise marathon, though last year I was an hour or so off of my time slot-lol.

6. What to do differently?
Be more consistent in my exercise routine.

This is a great thread, by the way.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 09:24 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Aw, man. If I have nothing else for Thanksgiving, it's turkey with gravy on top. Yum. I have no problem with people who don't like it because that leaves more for those of us who do!

It's fun reading people's plans for the rest of the year.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 10:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'll join in!

Which Thanksgiving food would you get rid of? I'm with those who would banish all the aberrations performed upon the sweet potato. Candied yams, marshmallow casseroles, etc., make me cry for the beauty and flavor that is a plain unadorned sweet potato.

What is something you love to do around Thanksgiving? My son and I have an annual tradition of hiking in the woods on the Friday after. No matter how cold, we bundle up and head out to the trails together, then go somewhere for a healthy lunch.

What are your plans for the upcoming holiday(s)? My DH, DS and I have the main meal at home, then visit my sister for dessert and the family extended gathering. On Christmas, we all gather at my niece's home and have a wonderful time.

What fitness gift are you tempted/planning to buy yourself - especially given Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Already bought it - Kelly's Build & Burn set. For DH's birthday and an early Christmas gift, I'm buying us our first ever smart phones.

What memory do you have of hanging out on VF over the holiday season (gift exchange, New Year's exercise-a-thon, holiday workouts, something totally random, etc.) My first yoga sadhana - I loved it and learned so much from all the seasoned yogis. It really pushed me out of my comfort zone and sometimes while doing yoga, I still think of it.

What is one thing you want to do differently next year? More challenging workouts - keep pushing out of my comfort zone. Recuperate from my planned foot surgeries and spend more time hiking!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 10:19 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Tossed salad and celery sticks. It's a holiday, get that stuff outa here!

I used to like watching the parade but now it reminds me of when I was in labor, 16 years ago. I still like hearing "Alice's Restaurant" on the radio.

My daughter's 16th birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year, so it will be a combination birthday/dinner.

I don't know yet - depends on what goes on sale!

The annual Cathe watch, and the NY exercise-a-thon, even if I don't always participate. Thanks to Fitboop for keeping it going!

Have more me-time!

(Good luck on your move, Laura!)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 11:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
... Not sure if it's really a fitness gift, but I just bought myself a puffer jacket to stuff in my gym bag so I don't have to waste time putting my coat in a locker at the gym. I have limited time there because I have to pick up my dd so I am really excited about having this for the winter....
Erica I love mine! I saw both the Zeroxposur puffy vest and coat for a great price at BJ's and bought them both. They are great fitness investments for walking outdoors in the cold.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 12:07 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Erica I love mine! I saw both the Zeroxposur puffy vest and coat for a great price at BJ's and bought them both. They are great fitness investments for walking outdoors in the cold.
Thanks! I used mine for the first time today and I can't believe how much I love it! It's very warm and I could easily stuff it in my gym bag! I even sent DH a message from the gym to tell him how happy the jacket makes me!

ETA - love your tradition of hiking with your son! Good luck with your foot surgeries.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, introductions