Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-16, 11:16 AM  
LeanneM

This sounds like such a fun DVD! I just bought the download version from Linda's website, so hopefully I'll be able to do it tomorrow. Thanks for all the reviews!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 01:07 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayportsmom View Post
I did the lower body workout today and LOVE IT!!! Like the upper body workout, she alternates heavy ish Kettlebell moves with a barre type pulsing move. You do 50 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest throughout. She hits every single muscle of the legs and glutes. I'm doing a loose rotation trying to use Kettlebells for strength along with Kettlebell cardio alternating with cardio light weight workouts like ATK, Body by Simone, and Dreambody (if I can talk myself into it)
. These barre bell workouts fit in perfectly!!!
Quote:
Oh!!! She even fits in some floor work which has been an addiction of mine since I was 12 years old. Pretzels, side leg lifts, and glute bridges. 😀😀😀😘
It sounds awesome!! Thanks for reporting back bayportsmom!!

I've been enjoying floor work lately and feel they're more challenging than using weights... With weights I can go lighter if it is too challenging.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 01:29 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
I did the lower body workout today and LOVE IT!!! Like the upper body workout, she alternates heavy ish Kettlebell moves with a barre type pulsing move. You do 50 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest throughout. She hits every single muscle of the legs and glutes. I'm doing a loose rotation trying to use Kettlebells for strength along with Kettlebell cardio alternating with cardio light weight workouts like ATK, Body by Simone, and Dreambody (if I can talk myself into it)
Thanks again for another review. This sounds wonderful!!
Old 03-31-16, 02:59 PM  
wlorrie

Quote:
Thank you! I just purchased it thanks to your review.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 06:35 PM  
bayportsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
Thank you! I just purchased it thanks to your review.
Lorrie
I hope you love it! So far I've really liked everything Linda.....but this is a huge favorite 😀😀
Old 03-31-16, 06:42 PM  
Fitstick

Has anyone tried her new ball workout? I'm debating if I should buy that during Mary's sale.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 06:59 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Has anyone tried her new ball workout? I'm debating if I should buy that during Mary's sale.
Do you mean her workout with the large ball that came out awhile back, or her newer Fusion Mat workout (where she's holding the small blue ball on the cover)? I have and love them both, but I especially LOVE Fusion Mat! If you like mat work (a la Ballet Beautiful), you'll love it!

Linda emailed me the downloads for the new KB workouts, and they look so great! I can't wait to try one or two of them out tomorrow!
Old 03-31-16, 07:44 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Do you mean her workout with the large ball that came out awhile back, or her newer Fusion Mat workout (where she's holding the small blue ball on the cover)? I have and love them both, but I especially LOVE Fusion Mat! If you like mat work (a la Ballet Beautiful), you'll love it!

Linda emailed me the downloads for the new KB workouts, and they look so great! I can't wait to try one or two of them out tomorrow!
You people are evil!!! I just purchased both the kettle bell and fusion mat downloads... Grrr...

Has anyone successfully done all Barlates as a rotation? I'm wondering about how to fit these all in... I had planned on in April focusing on KBKB, but I'm also trying to keep an eye on my energy and today I am wiped! Wondering if I should do a combo of kettle bells and barlates.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 08:02 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
You people are evil!!! I just purchased both the kettle bell and fusion mat downloads... Grrr...

Has anyone successfully done all Barlates as a rotation?
I'm wondering about how to fit these all in... I had planned on in April focusing on KBKB, but I'm also trying to keep an eye on my energy and today I am wiped! Wondering if I should do a combo of kettle bells and barlates.
LOL!
I'd be interested to hear about how you like a combo of KB and Barlates if you end up doing it! I have so many of her DVDs and YT videos (saved on discs), I plan on getting to using them eventually! [I own Fusion mat but haven't even tried it yet!.. @_@ ]

No KB workout for me today but I did 1 fast mile w/Leslie and 35 min of KY w/Raviana's Happy Hormones.

*wave to everyone* Looking forward to doing a KB workout tomorrow! (I got my 1st shipping notice from KBKB for the Body series, so hopefully those will be here soon as well as the rest!)

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 08:29 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post

Has anyone successfully done all Barlates as a rotation? I'm wondering about how to fit these all in... I had planned on in April focusing on KBKB, but I'm also trying to keep an eye on my energy and today I am wiped! Wondering if I should do a combo of kettle bells and barlates.
You will LOVE them, Sue! I know how much you love KB workouts, and her workouts are just so much fun!

A few months ago, I did about six weeks just of Barlates and got nice results -- toned up and shrank a bit, and that was with doing barely any cardio. The only reason I stopped was bc I was worried about getting burnt out on them! I still do them, but just not as my main workout. I'm actually thinking of starting up a Barlates and Fusion Fitness rotation . . . .

Tags
barlates, barlates body blitz, barre bell hiit, linda wooldridge, pretzel