Old 02-18-14, 10:44 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Anita!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 12:13 PM  
Honeydew

I had one done. My problems is it takes a long time for me to fall asleep and wake up several times during the night. I do not have sleep apnea and because I don't have it, I had to stay the next day til 4 pm, so just be aware that if you do have this done, there's a chance you might have to stay the next day.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 12:33 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Honeydew!

Sherry

Old 02-18-14, 01:27 PM  
MsThistlebottom

My husband (now ex) had a sleep study done about 11 years ago now. He was diagnosed with sleep apnea and was prescribed a CPAP machine. I think it helped. Good luck--I hope you find some relief and answers.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 01:30 PM  
Sissy B

My DH had a sleep study done a few months ago and he was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now has a CPAP machine. He says it has helped a lot. DH had no trouble falling asleep, but was waking up during the night and didn't realize that he was waking up so much.

I don't sleep well either (insomnia), but my problem is going to sleep in the first place and then staying asleep - and I know when I wake up because I'm wide awake in the middle of the night and have trouble going back to sleep again.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 01:38 PM  
sherry7899

Sissy-I am sorry you are going through insomnia. Some nights I am fine, but others I have trouble falling asleep. I'll sleep for two hours, and then be wide awake for a few hours. I'll fall back to sleep, but then wake up really early and not be able to fall back to sleep again.

Sherry

Old 02-18-14, 01:58 PM  
Sissy B

Thanks Sherry. Honestly, I've always been this way. And I found out a few years ago that my dad and 2 brothers are the same way. None of us sleep well.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 02:24 PM  
sherry7899

My mom and my sisters don't sleep well either. I'm so envious of people who can fall asleep easily and stay asleep all night.

Sherry

Old 02-18-14, 02:41 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I have nothing to add, other than I hope you find a solution, Sherry. I hope all works out for you.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 03:21 PM  
sherry7899

Thank you all for your support

Sherry

Tags
insomnia