Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-13, 01:20 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
neatski, thank you very much for the review. Questions for you and others who have done the workout. I posted earlier this week looking for reasons not to buy Body Fit in Mary's sale so hopefully you don't mind my asking again.

Are there are lot of lunges, pivots or moves that might tweak sensitive knees in the workout?

Did it make you feel like you worked out *hard*, or is it more of a "light" workout for days when you don't feel like exercising? I'm less concerned about feeling good after the workout, and more about feeling exhausted, haha.

If you have any of the Dream Body workouts, how similar is Body Fit to Dream Body?

Thanks!
There are lunges but I'm not sure how many. There are pivot moves. I did have knee surgery on my right knee. However, I do Tonique and lunges don't bother me. Your knee issue might be different than mine.

It's a light day workout. It's a feel good one not an exhausting one. You can also use it as a yoga workout to add on your strength day. This is what I do. I would do a strength wo in the morning and this wo at night.

Dream Body moves a lot faster. Also DB has more athletic moves and not a lot of stretching. This is for their first wo and their first set. I don't have the DB Cardio series. Body360 is more a fusion workout.
Old 08-23-13, 01:47 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
There are lunges but I'm not sure how many. There are pivot moves. I did have knee surgery on my right knee. However, I do Tonique and lunges don't bother me. Your knee issue might be different than mine.

It's a light day workout. It's a feel good one not an exhausting one. You can also use it as a yoga workout to add on your strength day. This is what I do. I would do a strength wo in the morning and this wo at night.

Dream Body moves a lot faster. Also DB has more athletic moves and not a lot of stretching. This is for their first wo and their first set. I don't have the DB Cardio series. Body360 is more a fusion workout.
Thanks, Helen!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 03:27 PM  
Poodlepants

I just ordered this. I have been on the fence for quite a while and I finally decided. This probably is good for travel, I would imagine.
Poodlepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 04:02 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlepants View Post
I just ordered this. I have been on the fence for quite a while and I finally decided. This probably is good for travel, I would imagine.
Yep great for travel! Not much space required and no equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
neatski, thank you very much for the review. Questions for you and others who have done the workout. I posted earlier this week looking for reasons not to buy Body Fit in Mary's sale so hopefully you don't mind my asking again.

Are there are lot of lunges, pivots or moves that might tweak sensitive knees in the workout?

Did it make you feel like you worked out *hard*, or is it more of a "light" workout for days when you don't feel like exercising? I'm less concerned about feeling good after the workout, and more about feeling exhausted, haha.

If you have any of the Dream Body workouts, how similar is Body Fit to Dream Body?

Thanks!
I don't have knee issues, but there are lots of lunges, squats, and pivots. that said, I am almost 7 months pregnant and could do this workout without any difficulty, I just had to watch my form.

This is definitely a lighter workout for me. I did not feel fatigued at the end, just sweaty. I'm used to some pretty hard stuff though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
It's similar because it's a mix of yoga, dance, and a little plyo. Bizzie has full size workouts on youtube and vimeo to try out for free. Here are two links:

(Somebody probably has a link to her channel. I only have it bookmarked at home. But here's one sample wo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKsyeiUorzY

(The Tone wos are the ones similar to Body360. I would play the B workout first since the other one has swearing in the music. The B workout is dancehall music (if it's not then I got the Tone wos mixed up))

http://vimeo.com/user12458358/videos
Thanks! They look fun, though there's more "prancing" and hair tossing than in Body 360. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe I should just do one. Michelle did an amazing job of keeping it athletic and dancey at the same time.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 05:12 PM  
SueT

Bodyfit 360 is on sale at TotalfitnessDVDs for $14.95 this week, as well as a lot of Michelle's other workouts!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 10:21 PM  
mtnmom

Because of this thread, I purchased Bodyfit 360. I did it today and really enjoyed it.

The plusses:
Can be done in a very small space.
Worked up a sweat and really didn't feel like I was working that "hard".
Great music.
Nothing is done too long.

The minuses:
A bit hard on my wrists.
Not chaptered - I wish I could skip a section or two to shorten it.
The modifier really didn't modify much.

But overall it was a keeper. I felt very stretched, and rejuvenated.
Old 08-31-13, 10:17 AM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Because of this thread, I purchased Bodyfit 360. I did it today and really enjoyed it.

The plusses:
Can be done in a very small space.
Worked up a sweat and really didn't feel like I was working that "hard".
Great music.
Nothing is done too long.

The minuses:
A bit hard on my wrists.
Not chaptered - I wish I could skip a section or two to shorten it.
The modifier really didn't modify much.

But overall it was a keeper. I felt very stretched, and rejuvenated.
Yay! Glad you liked it! I'm pulling this one out today.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-13, 10:18 AM  
desertMermaid

I am so enabled on this. If Mary has it on sale this weekend, then it's mine!

Now... what else should I get so that I can take advantage of free shipping?
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 02:16 PM  
suegy3

Old Thread Alert!

Old Thread Alert!

I just ordered this. The clip looks like lots of fun and I love the music! I'm not a fan of stretching but since it's sprinkled throughout the workout, I can manage it. Is anyone still doing this?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 06:40 PM  
horsemom2

If you want something like BodyFit 360 but less intense, try Nia!

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bodyfit 360