Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-13, 09:59 AM  
neatski

Michelle Dozois Body360 is the most fun workout EVER

"Fun" is not usually something I value very much in a workout, but I may have to change my mind about that now that I've tried this one. It's a fusion of yoga, pilates and dance with a great energizing beat and wonderful encouraging instruction from Michelle. I was really not sure if it was up my alley but I'm so glad I tried it. I absolutely LOVED IT! I was grinning throughout the whole thing and felt so good and energized at the end. I LOVE that it's challenging without being high impact. It reminded me a lot of capoeira with the interesting twisting and up-and-down moves.

My only qualm is I'm not sure how to add it in to my rotation! I felt exhilarated and sweaty at the end but not fatigued like I do at the end of barre or circuit workouts.

I don't typically like dance workouts, but this one really made me want to shake my hips. I picked all the moves and sequences up on the first try. I don't think it's hard to learn for those who aren't as into complex choreography as I am.

TWO THUMBS UP!

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 10:10 AM  
mrsyancy

Glad u like it.....I luv it too
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 10:18 AM  
Chomper

Gah...

Fun is my main fitness goal.

I guess this is getting bumped to the top of my wishlist.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 10:48 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I really like it too. I use it as a yoga workout. Buti is like that too. Both of them accomplish flexibility with side benefits of strength, and cardio.
Old 08-23-13, 10:51 AM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I really like it too. I use it as a yoga workout. Buti is like that too. Both of them accomplish flexibility with side benefits of strength, and cardio.
Ohhhh Buti is like this? Oh no.... please enable me

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 11:07 AM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
Oh yeah....I did my first one yesterday and I loved it also.....she has a full workout on YouTube that you can checkout to see if you think you'll like it. It's different.... Yoga with a mix of tribal dance, booty popping, and cardio....it was fun
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 11:12 AM  
thaispice

Quote:
"Fun" is not usually something I value very much in a workout, but I may have to change my mind about that now that I've tried this one. It's a fusion of yoga, pilates and dance with a great energizing beat and wonderful encouraging instruction from Michelle. I was really not sure if it was up my alley but I'm so glad I tried it. I absolutely LOVED IT! I was grinning throughout the whole thing and felt so good and energized at the end. I LOVE that it's challenging without being high impact. It reminded me a lot of capoeira with the interesting twisting and up-and-down moves.

My only qualm is I'm not sure how to add it in to my rotation! I felt exhilarated and sweaty at the end but not fatigued like I do at the end of barre or circuit workouts.

I don't typically like dance workouts, but this one really made me want to shake my hips. I picked all the moves and sequences up on the first try. I don't think it's hard to learn for those who aren't as into complex choreography as I am.

TWO THUMBS UP!
neatski, thank you very much for the review. Questions for you and others who have done the workout. I posted earlier this week looking for reasons not to buy Body Fit in Mary's sale so hopefully you don't mind my asking again.

Are there are lot of lunges, pivots or moves that might tweak sensitive knees in the workout?

Did it make you feel like you worked out *hard*, or is it more of a "light" workout for days when you don't feel like exercising? I'm less concerned about feeling good after the workout, and more about feeling exhausted, haha.

If you have any of the Dream Body workouts, how similar is Body Fit to Dream Body?

Thanks!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 11:37 AM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
neatski, thank you very much for the review. Questions for you and others who have done the workout. I posted earlier this week looking for reasons not to buy Body Fit in Mary's sale so hopefully you don't mind my asking again.

Are there are lot of lunges, pivots or moves that might tweak sensitive knees in the workout?

Did it make you feel like you worked out *hard*, or is it more of a "light" workout for days when you don't feel like exercising? I'm less concerned about feeling good after the workout, and more about feeling exhausted, haha.

If you have any of the Dream Body workouts, how similar is Body Fit to Dream Body?

Thanks!
Not op but meant to post on your other thread. The workout gets the heart rate up with a good sweat. I feel like I good workout but it is a easier day for me. I'm use to hiit and heavy lifting so this is milder but doesn't feel like a rest day KWIM. I don't have knee issues but have shot ankles so I had to modify a few moves to keep it a lower impact but still was able to get a good sweat-on workout.

This workout has lots of lunges/pivots. I don't know of any way you could modify this workout to be knee friendly IMO

I haven't done Dream Body but I absolutely love Body Fit. I'm a advance exerciser and this is the only fusion I've tried. I wanted to feel workout and this really did the job.
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 11:45 AM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafelattee View Post
Not op but meant to post on your other thread. The workout gets the heart rate up with a good sweat. I feel like I good workout but it is a easier day for me. I'm use to hiit and heavy lifting so this is milder but doesn't feel like a rest day KWIM. I don't have knee issues but have shot ankles so I had to modify a few moves to keep it a lower impact but still was able to get a good sweat-on workout.

This workout has lots of lunges/pivots. I don't know of any way you could modify this workout to be knee friendly IMO

I haven't done Dream Body but I absolutely love Body Fit. I'm a advance exerciser and this is the only fusion I've tried. I wanted to feel workout and this really did the job.
Thank you Cafelattee! And I like your user name. I could use one of those right about now.
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 01:17 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
It's similar because it's a mix of yoga, dance, and a little plyo. Bizzie has full size workouts on youtube and vimeo to try out for free. Here are two links:

(Somebody probably has a link to her channel. I only have it bookmarked at home. But here's one sample wo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKsyeiUorzY

(The Tone wos are the ones similar to Body360. I would play the B workout first since the other one has swearing in the music. The B workout is dancehall music (if it's not then I got the Tone wos mixed up))

http://vimeo.com/user12458358/videos

Tags
bodyfit 360