Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-12, 06:53 PM  
katchaser1

Thanks to these threads I ended up purchasing the swiss alps hiking video- I LOVE it! I am trying to get back into running but it has been tedious and I am incredilbly slow right now. I read about how the running dvds were too fast so I previewed the hiking videos and then finally settled on the swiss alps, I can jog at a comfortable pace and find that the video actually pushes me longer then I would listening to music. I wish the dvds were longer and of course not as expensive but considering that I received the dvd yesterday and have used it 3 times already. I think that I will get more use from it then I would any other workout dvd and I would never have discovered the dvds if it wasn't for everyone here! Giant Thanks!!!!
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-12, 09:12 PM  
westiemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchaser1 View Post
Thanks to these threads I ended up purchasing the swiss alps hiking video- I LOVE it! I am trying to get back into running but it has been tedious and I am incredilbly slow right now. I read about how the running dvds were too fast so I previewed the hiking videos and then finally settled on the swiss alps, I can jog at a comfortable pace and find that the video actually pushes me longer then I would listening to music. I wish the dvds were longer and of course not as expensive but considering that I received the dvd yesterday and have used it 3 times already. I think that I will get more use from it then I would any other workout dvd and I would never have discovered the dvds if it wasn't for everyone here! Giant Thanks!!!!
I just bought (and am currently downloading) the Run Series #1, which brings my total of these workouts to 12. I am addicted. According to their Facebook page, they filmed in New Zealand in February, and are filming along the California coast right now!

I agree with you that I push harder for some reason with these. I think I simply "forget" I'm working hard, because I'm so interested in the view! I have had 2 'personal best' times for 5K without even realizing I was working harder than usual!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-12, 09:16 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I like to use these (running ones) with my rebounder while listening to my own music
Old 05-31-12, 11:02 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I'm very interested in these. I downloaded the app and each scene is $7.95 plus there is one free "try me" scene. I'm suppose to be able to just sit my iPad on my treadmill and it will detect me. I'm definitely trying this today.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 12:38 PM  
westiemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
I'm very interested in these. I downloaded the app and each scene is $7.95 plus there is one free "try me" scene. I'm suppose to be able to just sit my iPad on my treadmill and it will detect me. I'm definitely trying this today.....
That capability to have it sense your speed and adjust the scenery would be very cool! I don't have an ipad, and my iphone screen is too small to enjoy the scenery, so I went the DVD and download route. I'm interested to hear how you like it, though, in case I ever purchase an ipad in future!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
Old 05-31-12, 04:06 PM  
katchaser1

Has anybody bought either of the connect 18 dvds (the educational tours)? I'm really curious but I think they would get old pretty fast.
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 04:56 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by westiemack View Post
That capability to have it sense your speed and adjust the scenery would be very cool! I don't have an ipad, and my iphone screen is too small to enjoy the scenery, so I went the DVD and download route. I'm interested to hear how you like it, though, in case I ever purchase an ipad in future!

Kathy
Ironically, I purchased the Chicago run and I live in the suburbs of Chicago. However, I can't find the time to get downtown neither do I want to since the crime rate went way up. However, I love the scenery. But, it's been downloading for about 3 hours, and it's only 46% done!!! I'm impatiently waiting in my workout clothes.......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 05:26 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I live on a mac. Sometimes downloads work great, and sometimes they are not in the right format and they never find their way into itunes because of it. Has anyone downloaded these to a mac? I like the idea of using on a rebounder. Am I nuts?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 05:57 PM  
westiemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Ironically, I purchased the Chicago run and I live in the suburbs of Chicago. However, I can't find the time to get downtown neither do I want to since the crime rate went way up. However, I love the scenery. But, it's been downloading for about 3 hours, and it's only 46% done!!! I'm impatiently waiting in my workout clothes.......
I LOVE the Chicago run!

Kathy
ps - hope the download speeds up for you!

Old 05-31-12, 06:02 PM  
westiemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I live on a mac. Sometimes downloads work great, and sometimes they are not in the right format and they never find their way into itunes because of it. Has anyone downloaded these to a mac? I like the idea of using on a rebounder. Am I nuts?
I downloaded to a Mac computer. The downloads took each at least 30-40 minutes, and it is an mp4 file. I've had no trouble transferring them into iTunes or onto a USB to plug into my Blu-Ray player, however, I've not put them onto an iPad.

I found it interesting when someone mentioned trying them on a rebounder. I might give that a try too, but at the moment I just want to run.....

Kathy

Tags
elliptical, stationary bike, treadmill, virtual active