Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-12, 08:32 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Do the hiking ones really work for the bike? I can see where the running ones might but I would think the hiking ones might be too slow.
Old 05-09-12, 08:37 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Obviously they wouldn't work with a spinning bike - but they are fine, I think, with a recumbent. They push me to pedal harder than I normally would, because they cue you to increase the speed and/or resistance, and that's what I need. Otherwise, I would just sit there watching TV pedaling like I'm going for a stroll in the park.
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 10:15 AM  
mle777

How funny, I was just eyeing these yesterday I thought the hiking ones might be good to use with some Leslie Sansone type walks. I don't have a treadmill in my workout area (it's in the garage and with the 100 degree days looming, it won't be touched much till October). I love to hike and I like the scenery in these. I'm definitely putting a couple on my wishlist

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 10:38 AM  
Hazel Porter

Thanks!

Is there any info anywhere that might explain the differences in the coached portions of the workout? I mean, I assume "Swiss Alps" is hills, but am interested in maybe just a few more specifics if they're available.

And do you see the actual coach, or is it just a voice over?
Old 05-10-12, 11:11 AM  
sherry7899

Hazel, I think if I remember correctly, in the cycle ones they have a little box in the corner that pops up intermittently with the person doing the coaching. I don't remember seeing that in the clips for the hikes/runs-I think those are voiceover. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 11:27 AM  
westiemack

I'm sorry! I did this workout last night, but since I don't want coaching, I bought the basic download. Some of the hikes and runs definitely had the pop up coaching shown in the clips, but it doesn't show that in the clip for the Swiss Alps hike.

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 11:33 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Kathy! How did you like the workout? I'm considering that one and the run or hike (?) through Northern Italy since they are both places I"ll probably never get to see in person.

Sherry

Old 05-10-12, 11:38 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I know at least one of the running or hiking ones has the guide in the clip at Mary's. Can't remember which but if you check them all out you'll find it soon enough. You don't need to watch the whole clip to see if the guide is there, I only remember him from one clip.

Hi, Sherry! Long time since we chatted.
Old 05-10-12, 12:00 PM  
sherry7899

Hi, Dede-I miss you, too

Hugs,
Sherry

Old 05-10-12, 12:13 PM  
westiemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thanks, Kathy! How did you like the workout? I'm considering that one and the run or hike (?) through Northern Italy since they are both places I"ll probably never get to see in person.

Sherry
I liked it more than I thought (from the clip, I wasn't sure it would be a fave), and I liked it more than the Lake Tahoe Hike (not sure why - the scenery was great in both).

I bought the Northern Italy Hike for my mom for Mother's Day, and I hope it will arrive before the weekend. I bought the Italy Run for me, so I will be able to tell whether it's worth having both a run and a hike from the same place. I'll let you know what we think of the NI Hike as soon as possible, but hey, it's got Venice in it, so my money is on that one over the Swiss one!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elliptical, stationary bike, treadmill, virtual active