Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-11, 09:39 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I don't know what happened to her, but she was in one or more of the Cardio series: Cardio Burn, Maximum Cardio and Power Cardio (now called Calorie Killer 2).
Ah! I'll have to check these out again. I just ordered Calorie Killer 2 on dvd and I'm going to get Max Cardio next. Why oh why won't they come out with Cardio Burn on dvd? I just don't get the rationale sometimes. If the other two are out, why not put out the third of the series? Kinda like not putting Vol 5 out - it's the only classic not on dvd.

Yep. This has motivated me to go back to my roots and Firm for a while.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 06:43 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I truely was in the best shape of my life doing the Firms. I have strayed into other instructors over time, but I'm feeling the need to return to my "roots" to jumpstart myself back into action. I had four kids in just under four years and my last one has autism. Now, ten years later, I'm trying to rediscover fitness and there is a comfort factor in my Firms.
I agree with this, something about the Firms I find comforting too. I used to have so many of them (over 40, now I have about 15). I like the BBH ones best, though I do have Vol 1 too and I kept a couple BSS ones too. They got me into good shape though! Now I have the perfect assortment of them, just need to get in a little bit better shape before I tackle them again.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 07:46 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I like the BBH ones best, though I do have Vol 1 too
Vol 1 *is* a BBH production.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 08:13 AM  
Arielle96

Lisa Jackson was in Power Cardio and Cardio Burn. The cast for Maximum Cardio was totally different but did include Tracie Long's sister and Carissa Foster's sister.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 12:41 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle96 View Post
Lisa Jackson was in Power Cardio and Cardio Burn. The cast for Maximum Cardio was totally different but did include Tracie Long's sister and Carissa Foster's sister.
Didn't know that Carissa's sister was in Max Cardio. I'll have to look at that one again.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 10:15 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Didn't know that Carissa's sister was in Max Cardio. I'll have to look at that one again.
Her name is Shanna Foster and she is in the front row up against the wall in I think greenish shorts and a purplish top with her hair in a pony tail. Looks just like Carissa.
Old 05-19-11, 12:03 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

And I believe she's right next to Tracie's sister, who's wearing a black leotard.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 03:07 AM  
lrb04

One thing I really like about Anna Benson (BBH) is the music. I did WHFN steaming cardio with Heidi Tanner besides loving all the segments the music was great. I like Kelsie's steaming cardio also. I think they must have thought about the music a great deal in making the workouts of the Firm. I also wondered why cardio max and cardio power just had a plain cover while cardio burn had a glossy cover. Carol K did you buy all 6 or did you buy just the originals of this series? I was wondering because you mentioned that you don't buy parts. Or am I remembering this wrong?
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 08:15 AM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
And I believe she's right next to Tracie's sister, who's wearing a black leotard.
Yup that's her.
Old 05-19-11, 09:11 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
Carol K did you buy all 6 or did you buy just the originals of this series? I was wondering because you mentioned that you don't buy parts. Or am I remembering this wrong?
You are remembering correctly. However, I do have Bust & Butt in the clamshell cover. I don't care for a lot of high-impact and at the time, all I was reading was how high-impact these were. I figured I would just buy the sculpting tape and forget the rest. Then of course, I had to have the originals, so I bought all three. I don't have Core Cardio 1 and 2. And my covers for Cardio Burn, Maximum Cardio and Power Cardio are all equally glossy in yellow, red and coral. I didn't buy any of them from Firm Direct.

Tags
anna benson, firm, firm classics, mark henriksen, the firm