Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-11, 07:09 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Oh my gosh! Her Abs, Hips and Thigh Sculpting workout was my very first Firm purchase and the one that helped me get back in shape after my first baby. This is my absolute favorite Firm workout. I never hear it mentioned on here, so thought maybe it wasn't one of the more popular ones, but it definitely holds a special place in my heart! Fifteen years later and I still have my VHS copy. Anyone know if this one is available in DVD anywhere?
We've been waiting for this one to be released on dvd. So far, it is the only classic of the Vols. 1 through 6 that hasn't been released. I love this one because you can make it short or you can "rewind" it to do the aerobic section twice.

I'm not sure, but I've always had the feeling that this one was not one of the favorites of the Firm as far as the classics. Don't know why? Maybe it was the shorter aerobic section? I've heard also (nothing but gossip) that Anna didn't get along with LaReine during the shooting of the workout - that LaReine would eat salty chips or something like (margaritas were mentioned, too) that which might make her appear more "bloated" for filming and this wasn't appreciated. Again, pure gossip.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 08:16 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
We've been waiting for this one to be released on dvd. So far, it is the only classic of the Vols. 1 through 6 that hasn't been released. I love this one because you can make it short or you can "rewind" it to do the aerobic section twice.

I'm not sure, but I've always had the feeling that this one was not one of the favorites of the Firm as far as the classics. Don't know why? Maybe it was the shorter aerobic section? I've heard also (nothing but gossip) that Anna didn't get along with LaReine during the shooting of the workout - that LaReine would eat salty chips or something like (margaritas were mentioned, too) that which might make her appear more "bloated" for filming and this wasn't appreciated. Again, pure gossip.
Wow! If LeReine is their idea of "bloated" then I would love to be that bloated! I always loved how fit she was without being overly bulky or too skinny. I just think she looked incredibly healthy!
Old 05-16-11, 08:23 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Oh my gosh! Her Abs, Hips and Thigh Sculpting workout was my very first Firm purchase and the one that helped me get back in shape after my first baby. This is my absolute favorite Firm workout. I never hear it mentioned on here, so thought maybe it wasn't one of the more popular ones, but it definitely holds a special place in my heart! Fifteen years later and I still have my VHS copy. Anyone know if this one is available in DVD anywhere?
Not legally, but I'd bought a bunch of bootlegs from the Philippines several years ago (actually didn't know they were bootlegs ) and Volume 5 was among them.
The set included 12 or 14 workouts including titles like Tough Aerobic Mix, Not So Tough Aerobics, Tough Cardio Mix, Five Day Stretch, etc. I'm sorry I purchased bootlegs but they work very well and I do use them.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 05:29 PM  
DebP.
VF Supporter

Unhappy bootlegs

you know, I would have done the same, because I know at some point my old VCR is going to fail. Normally, I am against bootlegs because i want the artist to receive their fair payment. But -- I would be very unhappy without TAM, NSTA, Cardio Step Mix and others. And I love touch cardio mix with Heidi, Pam, Allie, Lisa and Nancy. It is one of my go-to's. A real shame that they are not avail. on DVD.
DebP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 05:54 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Do you mean the Time-Life infomercial for the Classics and Parts?
Maybe that was it. Was it ever released/aired??
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 05:55 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
I am a HUGE Volume 5 fan. I even do the Double Aerobic Rewind Function to make it a real toughie. Love the floorwork and abs sections of this one!! I always liked LaReine...although her form on the Leg Presses was a little off.
Old 05-16-11, 05:57 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebP. View Post
you know, I would have done the same, because I know at some point my old VCR is going to fail. Normally, I am against bootlegs because i want the artist to receive their fair payment. But -- I would be very unhappy without TAM, NSTA, Cardio Step Mix and others. And I love touch cardio mix with Heidi, Pam, Allie, Lisa and Nancy. It is one of my go-to's. A real shame that they are not avail. on DVD.
Tough Cardio Mix is really fun. It has all of the good parts in it!!
Old 05-16-11, 05:59 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
The parts for the Cardio series did come out before the originals. They were special Firm Believers Editions in clamshell cases. When the originals came out, they were in cardboard cases. However, Cardio Split 1 came out after Super Cardio and Super Sculpting, and Cardio Step Mix was one of the last videos to be released by BBH, after all of the workouts from which it was compiled.
Was there ever a reason given as to why they were released before the originals?? Just seems weird to put out the parts tape before the original.
Old 05-16-11, 08:14 PM  
Carol K

I think they wanted to release the Firm Believers Editions first, but why they decided to make the Parts tapes the special editions, and not the originals, I don't know.
Old 05-16-11, 08:53 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle96 View Post
Maybe that was it. Was it ever released/aired??
I saw it a few times on late-night TV in the mid '90s, and I have a Time-Life copy of Standing Legs that I got through a trade. I think it was right before they went to retail.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, firm, firm classics, mark henriksen, the firm