Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-11, 10:30 PM  
DebP.
VF Supporter

Tribute to Benson,Benson,Henriksen DVD

No this isn't in the works, but I sure wish I could make it happen. I have been doing only old Firms lately and as many of us know, they really are special. It take a miracle and lots of $$$$ but..... if I could, this is what I would do:

There was a tape that came out and never went to DVD called Tough Cardio MIx. It was a blend of the Pam Cauthen, Heidi Tanner, & fat blaster cardio segments. I would re-issue it on DVD, only refilmed with the same cast and choreography. Ideally, have Heidi, Pam, Nancy T, Allie, Lisa could reprise their roles as instructors, doing all that same stuff only in the here and now on one set.

Added bonus is an updated 20 questions about fitness, and maybe an update on whatever happened to Selina Bartunek, LaReine Chabut, Jayne Poteet and others.

Only half-kidding here, if I could somehow do this, I would. Guess I am in nostalgia mode.:
DebP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 12:05 AM  
Just_Jo

http://lareinechabut.com/ LaReine is still out there in the fitness industry. I've seen her in lots of short videos. She's still gorgeous!
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 02:06 AM  
fatkat555

I'd like to see the footage that was used in Cardio Split 1 (with Jennifer Carmen in a black leotard) made into one dvd. I still believe that there are workouts out there or footage that was made that could me melded into a "new" Firm workout unless Goodtimes trashed it. In later compilation workouts, such as Cardio Step Mix, Cardio Split 1, and others there seems to be a flash here and there of what might have been a full workout.

Anyone remember when Core Cardio 1, Core Cardio 2, and Bust and Butt came out? If I remember right, they came out *before* Cardio Burn, Max Cardio and Power Cardio. I think (but could be wrong) that a similar scenario was being played out with Cardio Step Mix and Cardio Split 1 (usually there'd be a 2, right?). As these were compilations, the orginials had to be somewhere.

The official word years ago was that there was no footage left.

I'm nostalgic, too. Here's to dreaming...

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 09:07 AM  
Arielle96

I also remember hearing that there was an infomercial either taped or partially taped BEFORE the BSS1 infomercial. Wonder what ever happened to that one.

Also in the opening trailers to some of the old Classics there is a "Preview" tape that they used to offer which, if memory serves me correctly" shows short previews of all of the classics as well as info on the Fonda drama from back then??

Also before the Tortoise and the Hare came out didn't they offer rehearsal tapes for some people to view before the actual workouts were released?? I saw that in an old catalog.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 09:08 AM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Anyone remember when Core Cardio 1, Core Cardio 2, and Bust and Butt came out? If I remember right, they came out *before* Cardio Burn, Max Cardio and Power Cardio. I think (but could be wrong) that a similar scenario was being played out with Cardio Step Mix and Cardio Split 1 (usually there'd be a 2, right?). As these were compilations, the orginials had to be somewhere.

I have never understood why they put out the CC1, CC2 and B&B BEFORE Cardio Burn, Power Cardio & Maximum Cardio. Why would you put out the parts before you put out the original footage??
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 02:58 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle96 View Post
Also before the Tortoise and the Hare came out didn't they offer rehearsal tapes for some people to view before the actual workouts were released?? I saw that in an old catalog.
Oh, I vaguely remember this. I don't think the rehersal tapes were ever released, though. If I remember right, the rehersal tapes never came out and they just put out the Tortoise and the Hare. Believe me, if they were available back then I would have gotten them.

Yep. I bet there's a lot of footage that just got cut on the floor or thrown away.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 03:06 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I remember calling them up and asking about the rehearsal tapes at the time, and was told that they had changed their mind. They were never made, or if they were, they were never released.
Old 05-15-11, 03:59 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I'd like to see the footage that was used in Cardio Split 1 (with Jennifer Carmen in a black leotard) made into one dvd. I still believe that there are workouts out there or footage that was made that could me melded into a "new" Firm workout unless Goodtimes trashed it. In later compilation workouts, such as Cardio Step Mix, Cardio Split 1, and others there seems to be a flash here and there of what might have been a full workout.

The parts for the Cardio series did come out before the originals. They were special Firm Believers Editions in clamshell cases. When the originals came out, they were in cardboard cases. However, Cardio Split 1 came out after Super Cardio and Super Sculpting, and Cardio Step Mix was one of the last videos to be released by BBH, after all of the workouts from which it was compiled.

There were three other workouts that were taped at the same time as the Cardio series, Super Cardio and Super Sculpting. One was a pilates-yoga video with Jen Peluso. The other two were beginners level cardio and sculpting videos. The cardio was called Time Crunch Cardio and was supposed to be released in 2000. We were never given a name for the sculpting video.
Old 05-15-11, 04:41 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle96 View Post
I also remember hearing that there was an infomercial either taped or partially taped BEFORE the BSS1 infomercial. Wonder what ever happened to that one.
Do you mean the Time-Life infomercial for the Classics and Parts?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 05:44 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
http://lareinechabut.com/ LaReine is still out there in the fitness industry. I've seen her in lots of short videos. She's still gorgeous!
Oh my gosh! Her Abs, Hips and Thigh Sculpting workout was my very first Firm purchase and the one that helped me get back in shape after my first baby. This is my absolute favorite Firm workout. I never hear it mentioned on here, so thought maybe it wasn't one of the more popular ones, but it definitely holds a special place in my heart! Fifteen years later and I still have my VHS copy. Anyone know if this one is available in DVD anywhere?

Tags
anna benson, firm, firm classics, mark henriksen, the firm