Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-09, 06:47 PM  
Carol K

Great pictures. Summer's last name was Sparkman. She was supposed to be a co-lead in the Basics workouts that were taped in 1998 and never released.
Old 04-21-09, 07:01 PM  
kat_b

Now I am getting really nostalgic! Those photos bring me back. I had moved away from the Carolinas before the FIRM email list came into being, and I never made it back on one of the road trips. Definitely remember some of the stories (some great, like Lisa, who went on to work at the FIRM and participate in at least one of the videos, and the not-so-great, like the whole flap over "cosmetic athlete"). I cleaned out my office recently and found a pile of the old catalogs. Still couldn't bring myself to throw them away. But did we REALLY think that was fashion? And how weird was it that the FIRM sold more than just workout clothes?
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 07:02 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Barbara, thanks for posting those photos! How exciting!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 07:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Yes, I enjoyed looking at all the pictures and appreciate you taking the time to share them with those of us who weren't there! Very exciting.

For those of you who are currently doing old FIRM workouts, are they VHS tapes that you're using? Which ones can you get on DVD now?

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 07:27 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The last Firm trip was at the beginning of April. The trips are announced on the Firm forum.

Several of us are going to Columbia TOMORROW to visit BodyFit (Suzanne, Nancy, Tamela, Dale, Christa, Stephanie) and will also stop at The Firm for a few classes. We're also taking a yoga class with Pam at her studio on Thursday. We're having dinner with some of the BodyFit instructors on Thursday night and I think Lisa Kay might meet us for a drink while we're there. I can't wait !!!

(Sorry for all my blubbering )
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 07:31 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61
For those of you who are currently doing old FIRM workouts, are they VHS tapes that you're using? Which ones can you get on DVD now?
I'm still using the VHS tapes. But many are available on DVD and of those that were out of print, Anna Benson is now releasing them on chaptered DVDs.
Old 04-21-09, 07:51 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O
The last Firm trip was at the beginning of April. The trips are announced on the Firm forum.

Several of us are going to Columbia TOMORROW to visit BodyFit (Suzanne, Nancy, Tamela, Dale, Christa, Stephanie) and will also stop at The Firm for a few classes. We're also taking a yoga class with Pam at her studio on Thursday. We're having dinner with some of the BodyFit instructors on Thursday night and I think Lisa Kay might meet us for a drink while we're there. I can't wait !!!

What an awesome trip!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 08:59 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat
Thanks for sharing! It looks like so much fun! And you actually got to see the mansion studio - that must have felt surreal to be there!
Lori
ps. BTW, you look great!
Thanks....the last trip was 6 years ago, so I'm not sure how much I still look like that.
The mansion set - the set was in this big non-descript building. The mansion set was on one side, and the library set on the other (used in Firm Cardio & Firm Strength). When the big group picture was taken, we were actually facing the library set, perpendicular to it.
In fact when we were walking to it, we were saying - this CAN'T be it! this CAN'T be where they film the Firm videos!! but then we saw a dumbbell propping the door open, and we knew it was true!

My picturetrail.com/barbarap album has lots of other photos in it. But like I said, they are all over the place because I didn't have a digital camera for most of the trips. And I don't think I have all of the photos scanned in. I am so bad! 20 lashes with a wet fanny lifter for me. And one year (2002 maybe) the photo developing place actually LOST 2 rolls of my film!!!!!!!!!!! I had 3 rolls I think, all 35 mm - and I got back 1 roll of 35 mm and 2 rolls of 110 film. idiots.

Those were the days, we thought they'd never end. On my first trip (1998, Charleston) I met Anna Benson, she hugged me, cried, and thanked me for buying her workouts.
Old 04-21-09, 09:01 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O

Oh Joni!!!! Have FUN!!!! I've taken classes from all of them (well is it Stephanie Nye or Stephanie Huckabee? I haven't from Steph N.) You must give a full report, you do realize that, right?
Barbara P
Old 04-21-09, 09:07 PM  
mtngoat

Have a great trip, Joni! I'm looking forward to reading all the details (please)!
Lori

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything the firm, firm classics, firm history, firm parts, mark henriksen, the firm