Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-09, 10:28 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

The old Firm

Yesterday, I decided to pull out an old Firm parts workout, Lower Body Split. I forgot how good the Firm was, and how tough! It was great working out with Pam Cauthen and Tracy Long again, and it brought back good memories.

The old Firms had a certain quirky charm that newer workouts don't have (including non-Firm workouts).

I've decided to go retro, and will be doing more old Firms this week. Anyone else want to join me?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 11:40 AM  
DeltaMan727

I agree 100 percent! The new Firm is not the same! With in the past few weeks I’ve done Vol. 1, 2, 5, and 6 along with Firm Cardio, Upper Body, along with the Basic Series.

Geoff
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 01:07 PM  
jEnNnY

Last week I got retro Firm too and did Vol. 2 one day and Vol. 4 another day. I really enjoyed them, even more when I am in retro mood. But I agree, they are way thougher and most of them seem more organized than newer (Pink) ones. I appreciate simple yet intense choreography and I always go back to the old Firm for that I may do Vol. 1 or 6 this week.
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 05:00 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Abbe, will you be doing these workouts in leg warmers and a thong leotard? Don't deny it - you still have all those old exercise clothes
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 05:21 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I was feeling nostalgic for the old Firms too! Because of all the lower body work; I liked it. I possibly could be dragged into doing a few old ones ...
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 07:37 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Today, I did Lower Body Split. It was tough! I am not used to that type of training anymore. I liked seeing all the different instructors again; it was like going back in time. I liked all the bright colors of the set and outfits. Plus, I forgot about the Rock 'n Lift---I like that exercise!

LOL, Joni---I think I do have all my old exercise clothes from the original Firm days! I am just waiting for them to come back in style (except for the thongs...never did like those!). I wish I had bought more of the Firm memorabilia back when they had the old catalog. I do have a Firm towel, though.

I didn't buy the latest classics on DVD, but I still have the videos. Firm 1 is still one of my all-time favorites and I think I will do it this week.

It's good to know there are other VFers who like to go retro .
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 08:34 PM  
gtmrfc

I did Volume 1 this evening. It really hits everything, doesn't it? I also love that it's well organized.
gtmrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-09, 07:00 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Hey, it's not going retro for me because I never quit doing them.

I still do one of the Classics about every 10 days. I'll never stop doing them because they WORK!!
Old 04-20-09, 07:21 AM  
behaha

I need to replace my VCR so I can do my Firm collection. I really love them and yes, they work!
behaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-09, 11:37 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I still do them once in awhile too. I love the Firm tall box work even though they're tough. I really like the Classics too since they are true AWT wos.

Tags
everything the firm, firm classics, firm history, firm parts, mark henriksen, the firm