Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-07, 08:10 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I bought Volume I way back when - in BETA format! I must have seen it advertised on TV or something? Did they have an infomercial? I remember I was so impressed by how 'scientific' it seemed.

Boy, I wish I still had that collectors item !
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 08:19 AM  
dnna

Joni,
I bought the first one after seeing it in a magazine-a gorgeous layout of Susan Harris doing the exercises.I had to call The Firm in Charleston to get it. Someone on this board or the yayas-has the magazine!!! She collects firm memorabilia.
I do remember being so anxious that I ordered something so expensive!! I used it almost continously, how we waited for the next one!!! Nothing else like the Firm!!
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 08:38 AM  
annetteb

Y'all, I used to work in shipping at The Firm in Columbia, a loooong time ago, before I really got into working out. I can literally kick my self in the behind for not collecting more of The Firm items. I collect them now. Any eejit, like myself who pays for a Firm Latte Coffee Mug is a serious collector!!

I remember a lawsuit or two but against who(m) I am not sure.

I thought about The Firm this week when I picked up Newsweek Magazine. Anna has been preaching this message about cardio/weights since 1986 and now it fashionable.

Anna for awhile had a Fitprime Studio in several locations including the second "old Firm" on Harden Street where Body Fit is now (Nancy Tucker and gang). I have all the Fitprimes but no mini trampoline. One day I'll find one. Until that time.....

I was able to participate in The Firm Cardio Challenge at The Factory back in the fall before the "divorce." So I was able to meet some of the original Firm instructors and take classes.

I really wish there was either a Firm or Fitprime Studio in the Irmo area though!

I can't remember which video I was able to get for free when I worked there. My ex boyfriend kept it though. I do remember they had clothes etc.

I wish the Firm and Fitprimes all the sucess! Because I really enjoy working out with the vids and rotating with my others such as Bar Method, Gin, Keli, Cathe, Ellen, etc.

Annette
annetteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 08:50 AM  
Lorianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteb
Y'all, I used to work in shipping at The Firm in Columbia, a loooong time ago, before I really got into working out. I can literally kick my self in the behind for not collecting more of The Firm items. I collect them now. Any eejit, like myself who pays for a Firm Latte Coffee Mug is a serious collector!!

Annette
I want to come over & play at Annette's house !
now, I thought I was a serious Firm collector!? but, I don't have a Firm Latte Coffee Mug
I love the Firm, BIGTIME!
I just think their the cat's pyjama's. I have the most fun working out, when I do my Firm's. & the best results, too!
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 09:12 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

That is one thing about the Firm and it's "offshoots" that got very frustrating to me. This 'renaming' of workouts. I find it very irritating to get a 'new' workout in the mail, and I already have it under another name! That happened a few times with Firm purchases. Then, I purchased WHFN's Push/Pull and it ended up being Fit Prime's From the Ground Up with two leads instead of one. I preferred the second version though, so that worked out. But jeeze, at least come up with new names! I guess this is why CIA uses numbers! There are only so many ways to use the words strength, cardio, tone, shape, etc.!!

I also consider it poor taste to blast other forms of fitness, unless they truly are some kind of unhealthy or dangerous 'fad'. There is room for all kinds of methods and different things work for different people. It would be preferable to say The Firm has brought a new dimension and ADDED to the value of cardio. Not to blast other people who do only cardio. Most forms and methods have their value, and none should be done to the exclusion of all others.

I can't imagine that Shape would have won that lawsuit. I mean, they say it has 30 minutes of cardio, that was not a lie. They didn't say "30 minutes of continuous cardio". Sheesh.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 09:35 AM  
Gams

I wish they would ALL quit renaming workouts. I just got the new Firm sculpting stick and video and I ordered another workout with it in order to get free shipping. When I got the workout, I realized I already had it, but with a different name and cover photo. I think the original is the "Method Standing Pilates Blend."
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 09:37 AM  
mtnmom

I thought the "fall of the Firm" came about because of a lawsuit brought on by a set designer. And that the Firm had to sell to Goodtimes to be able to pay legal fees.
Old 03-29-07, 09:44 AM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
I thought the "fall of the Firm" came about because of a lawsuit brought on by a set designer. And that the Firm had to sell to Goodtimes to be able to pay legal fees.
That's pretty much what I remember MM saying.
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 10:47 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

I just have to thank Anna Benson. I had done Jane Fonda, etc., but when I got Vol 1 it just changed my way of thinking about exercise. (Hope that's not negative.)
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 11:18 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams
I wish they would ALL quit renaming workouts. I just got the new Firm sculpting stick and video and I ordered another workout with it in order to get free shipping. When I got the workout, I realized I already had it, but with a different name and cover photo. I think the original is the "Method Standing Pilates Blend."
You should be able to return it. I guess Collage's return policies have really loosened up. Used to be they would not let you return anything. BUT, when I got a workout, and sent it back unopened, there was not a problem. In a case like this however, you don't KNOW it is a duplicate until you open it, so they may very well cut you some slack.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything the firm, firm for life, firm history, mark henriksen