Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-05, 12:07 PM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

An Experiment - Heavy Wt Training to WHFN Rotation

I've been working out heavy heavy heavy (weights that is!) for about a year now. As I posted before - I hired a trainer last year and have worked with him about twice a week since then, and we always go heavy weights to exhaustion. Every time!

I'm pleased with my results - I was a size 16, am now a 12, without changing my diet or adding much cardio...and BOY am I strong! If anybody wants to arm wrestle I'll meet you out back!

But my beloved trainer is quitting the gym and there's no one else I want to work out with. Plus, I must admit - the dread factor of working to exhaustion every single time is... well... HUGE. Add to that the fun of going anywhere in Phoenix in the summer, and it is a toxic brew indeed.

So, a change is in the wind.

To shake it up I decided to start a three-month rotation doing only cardio that I enjoy, plus the WHFN FitPrime rotation from their website. After a year in a macho muscle-guy gym working out with a professional bodybuilder, I'm feeling the need for some femininity in my workouts! Cute outfits, nice hair, beautiful sets, music... bring it on!

I have the two retail DVDs and ordered the completer set yesterday. My cardio is going to be Island Girl Hula (with my five year old and her Lilo and Stitch bubble machine!), unless I feel like throwing in something else.

I'm curious to know if anybody else has done this type of thing (minus the bubble machine!) and what your results were. I'll post mine after I get going and if I see any changes... or lack thereof.

Cheers!
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 01:04 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

Wow, I commend you on your training. I enjoy lifting heavy and have just traded for some of the P90X but cannot do them as of yet because of a shoulder injury. I myself will be doing spinning and taebo for the next 2 to 6 weeks and give my left shoulder a much needed rest.

I am hoping that Taebo AL will keep my upper body in shape without the weights. I have just bought some of the Cardio Coach cd's and will include these in with Coach Troy.

I will let you know how it goes. I have never gone without doing any type of weights for that length of time and am frankly a little nervous about it.

Kim
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
whfn rotation