Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-22, 08:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Pat - Can you change the resolution setting to a lower one? The little settings wheel in the bottom right corner, a lower pixel number might help.
Pam, I tried that to no avail. Maybe it was just a bad day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 10:59 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I had a problem once and contacted her. She said it was on her end and fixed it. Also, I have much better luck with streaming anything now that I've added a few WiFi "pods" or whatever they're called to string the single along to me downstairs from my modem upstairs - although I still have minor issues on certain days.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 09:27 AM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Never had an issue honestly….and it’s usually on my end WiFi related…

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 05:12 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I had a few problems but then we also got some of those pods for around the house and boom problem solved.

I've been on a mission to do more of her 15 or 20 minute workouts lately since I am now on the "less is more" workout train. These are awesome for days were I'm short on time or just not up to something more.

I replied to one of her newsletters and she replied back! I told her how she's like the "menopause whisperer" since her workouts are so good for someone like me who used to do so many hard workouts, but I never really took the time to recover from them. Now that I've lost nearly 25 pounds since last fall by finally eating a really nutrient dense diet and down shifting my workouts, her workouts have been a huge part of my workout plan each week. She said how great it is to find what works NOW and not solely focus on the past. She is also perimenopausal and finds that staying consistent and focusing on healthy foods and movement has been her way of dealing with this time in our lives. She was really sweet!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 05:59 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I really like Ellen. She seems like someone you could have a cup of tea with. She had talked about going on "tour" this summer and I emailed and asked if she would consider Minnesota. She replied that she loves Duluth!

Sadly, her tour didn't pan out. People are still wanting virtual classes.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 06:58 PM  
donnamp

Lori - that is awesome that you have seen some results and found something that is working for you!

Jackie - I agree!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 10:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lori, nice job! Isn't Ellen the sweetest? I could have chatted with her for an hour when we met but we both had to get home and fight traffic.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 11:20 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks!! Still have about 30 lbs to go, but I'm giving myself at least a year for that. Slow and steady for me. Better than gaining every month for three years that's for sure! The menopot sure isn't going down without a fight. It took me 12 weeks to break through a plateau recently.
Old 07-14-22, 11:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Thanks!! Still have about 30 lbs to go, but I'm giving myself at least a year for that. Slow and steady for me. Better than gaining every month for three years that's for sure! The menopot sure isn't going down without a fight. It took me 12 weeks to break through a plateau recently.
So glad that things are going well for you Lori!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 12:20 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate it!

I'm finding that it's just staying consistent with moderate workouts and not too many workouts that I can't easily recover from. Just focusing on nutrient dense foods daily consistently. So basically, enough movement but not too much, and enough consistent quality foods but not too much or too little. Finding that sweet spot at near 50 has sure been a long road!

Tags
ellen barrett streaming