Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-12-22, 07:48 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S14E3 - 23min. Upper Body Strength, but it was really a full body stretch. I am really enjoying and definitely benefiting from more consistent stretching. I am planning to keep the subscription for at least 3-6 months. Miranda's cuing hasn't gotten better since the last time I was doing CS but I really don't mind it. She's quirky like that. The only issue I have, is that I don't see how I can complete any challenge when new live classes come out daily which I want to try before they disappear after 14 days.

21 Day Fix Upper Body - 30min. I'm really liking this set and Autum as the instructor. Her cuing and pointers are very good and exercises are thorough. And of course, how can you not like an workout that only takes 30min? Planning to do Lower Body Fix tomorrow. I can't believe that I've had this set for years and haven't touched it since I got it.

Hope everyone has a great day today. Waves!
Old 06-12-22, 05:17 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I did lots of walking last week with some weights thrown in. I’m still wanting to start back with Jessica but my regular workout space is full of stuff at the moment. We’re working on clearing that out. Meanwhile, I have some lime green gliders in my Amazon cart so I’ll soon be ready to try them out.

Donna, congratulations on the job offer!! It sounds like it will be a much better situation.

Waves to Dana, Linda, and Carol! And anyone I missed!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 06:38 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I got a number of workouts in spread throughout the day:

Jenny Ford - March Across America # 11 - Florida
Jessica Valent - Side to Side Pilates Workout
Short dog walk
Jane Adams Yoga - Yoga For Beginners - Standing Poses & Complete Floor Practice

I think I'm going back to Jessica Smith this week.

I wish Jenny Ford would do "weights across America"!

Dana - I know - it is hard to focus on the challenges when you want to try new content too.

Brenda - thanks! I spoke with someone who worked in both places and she said where I'm going is better. I hope so!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 08:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout:

Outdoor walk - 35 minutes, no dogs;
I walked at 9:30 this morning and it was already 90+ degrees. I do think it only got up to 106 today, an improvement over yesterday, although that felt plenty hot.

Jessica Smith - Stretch & Relax: Recover - 15 minutes
I think I did "Recover" - it was the one that used the chair. I liked it.

Donna - I would be all over a "Weights Across America" set.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday - today, so far:

Jessica Smith - 38 Min Strength Workout - I can't actually remember if this is on the circuit DVD or the strength DVD - that is bad!! I think circuit. To me the strength and circuit DVDs are very similar. I liked this one - it is much like the others - slower paced, focus on posture and core. A fair amount of hip hinging - but I am managing that well - I think the slower pace enables me to focus more on my form.

I don't know what else is in store for today - maybe a stretch or a walk?

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!

I was really tempted to start the new Essentrics Challenge today -but I do want to finish up at least 4 weeks of this rotation before I move on!

Carol - I sure hope Jenny does something like that in the future......I do like her strength workouts for the most part - they are very straightforward.

Donna
Old 06-13-22, 09:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength with Adita 6/7/22 - 30 minutes

This was a nice strength workout using tubing, focused on the back body and legs. 2 sets of 10 or 12 reps for each exercise, circuit style.

Still hot and windy. I'm already tired of summer.

Trifecta Pilates deal - $7 for one month of streaming

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 10:48 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Monday: 30 min. walk/read

I’m sorry about the excessive heat you all are dealing with.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-22, 07:38 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S14E4 Posture - 23min.
21 Day Fix Lower Body - 30min.

I'm loving the 21 Day Fix Set! Straight, to the point and really enjoyable. Why did it take me years to even start this set? Tomorrow is Pilates Fix and I can't wait to do it.

We have excessive heat warning in effect for today and yesterday afternoon we had a tornado warning and lost power for a little bit. Tornado actually hit in the town next to us - maybe 5 miles from where we are? They've had extensive damage, but we didn't get any.

Carol, I'm with you in that I'm alread tired of summer and we're still only in the spring season.

Waving hi to all!
Old 06-14-22, 08:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on CS 604 - It is interesting to re-visit Season 6. It does move faster than the later seasons of CS. But I guess Miranda WAS younger then, too!

Today was a stretch/cardio day in Jessica's rotation - I didn't feel like doing the walking DVD or the stretching DVD this morning so I did:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America # 2 - Ohio
Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Segment 1 - Breath & Gentle Movement

I will probably do a little something later to energize!

It is very humid here - summer has hit!

Dana - Now you have me interested in 21 day fix! LOL!

Carol - I think I will try Trifecta (Lol!) for $7! I do enjoy her site, and I like that her Pilates practices offer a good deal of variety.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 06-14-22, 01:11 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Dana - Now you have me interested in 21 day fix! LOL!
Donna
Donna, I figured out what probably had turned me off years ago from giving 21 Day Fix a chance: it was the "Surrender" move that is the very first move in the very first DVD in this set. I didn't like it then, and I didn't like it now. I found it strange that Autum even included this painful and hard-to-do move in what is basically a beginner-intermediate set. I modified surrenders with shallow squats instead and I was just fine. I'm glad I persevered and I'm continuing with the rest of the workouts, because I'm really enjoying them. I have now done 3 of the 6 workouts and had previewed that other 3 and I like what I see. There may be some burpees down the road, but Kat, the modifier, is really good and I follow her as needed.

We're under heat advisory here and "real feel" temp right now is 106F. The hottest time of the day is still few hours off. Ugh! This is going to be a LOOONG summer!