Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-08-22, 08:28 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's "workout":

Outdoor walk - 35 minutes, no dogs

These walks really don't feel like workouts, but at least I am moving, and DS is moving with me. We also mowed the yard tonight so there's that.

Did my first Humira injection today - I have to do them every 2 weeks. We'll see if they help at all. I don't have a lot of hope, but you never know.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 09:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Did my first Humira injection today - I have to do them every 2 weeks. We'll see if they help at all. I don't have a lot of hope, but you never know.

Carol
Hopefully you're feeling OK otherwise, Carol?
Old 06-09-22, 06:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Hopefully you're feeling OK otherwise, Carol?
I am. Taking this drug, along with the other RA medications I'm on, does make me nervous though. You should read the disclosures that come with it!

Carol
Old 06-09-22, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

I was not up to facing Jessica's 45 minute lower body workout today - so I substituted. I am sure I'll do this one eventually but I need to build up the courage and also try it after a good night of sleep - which is pretty rare for me these days - between working late and my elderly dog who needs to go out in the night --- ugh.

So, I did instead:

Lucy Wyndham Read - 7 Min Lower Body Workout - Legs & Glutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJz4pyszNUQ

Jessica Valent Pilates - 10 Min Leg Workout w/ Weights - the basics
Jessica Valent Pilates - Workout for Stronger Hips (floorwork/PT/Pilates)

Carol - I have had very little motivation - I am hoping that once I change jobs something magical happens! LOL! Just been really tired lately, too. I know what you mean about those drug inserts - I just tell myself they have to list every possible side effect and that it isn't likely that they would occur. But, yea....worrisome!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 07:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Kelly Coffey Meyer - 30 MTF Sculpting RX - Workout 2 - 30 minutes

This was a cardio sculpt workout - Kelly focused on one area of the body at a time - she would do 3 compound exercises with weights (she used 5's, I used 2's) for shoulders for 45 seconds each and then a 45 second cardio move with no weights. It moved quickly enough and there were no rests, so the whole workout had a very cardio feel to it. Kelly did shoulders, back, biceps, triceps, chest and an ab round. All the while doing squats and lunges, etc. for the lower body. I will probably feel this one tomorrow.

Donna - You are right about the medication disclosures. They do list everything that ever happened, it seems. I'm not sure there's a bit of causation proven, but they disclose anyway. The worst thing about RA medicines - besides the cost - is the fact that they suppress your immune system. That's what they have to do to stop your body from attacking itself.

Maybe you will regain some motivation when you change jobs? I hope so.

I noticed Beth is reopening her membership next week for a few days. Depending on the price, I might re-subscribe.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 06-10-22, 10:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see..where did I leave off....

- yesterday I walked my Golden in the evening - it was really nice outside - perfect weather

- I added on a Yoga w/ Adriene for hips - it was a 20 min practice and one of her newer uploads. I used to do her yoga almost exclusively and moved away from it for some reason. I am still not sure why! LOL!

This morning I did the 28 Min Band workout from Jessica's new DVD set - it is the strength training DVD. The "schedule" called for her upper body workout - but I am generally not a fan of splits and since I missed the lower body split yesterday I figured I'd miss the upper body today! I did enjoy this band workout - it is a total body routine. Very well done - pretty much hits everything and feels good - just enough w/out over doing.

Carol - I can see being concerned about a suppressed immune system. Beth's site is very good - I just wish it wasn't so expensive - I think it is $30 a month!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 06-10-22, 02:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

Let's see..where did I leave off....

- yesterday I walked my Golden in the evening - it was really nice outside - perfect weather

- I added on a Yoga w/ Adriene for hips - it was a 20 min practice and one of her newer uploads. I used to do her yoga almost exclusively and moved away from it for some reason. I am still not sure why! LOL!

This morning I did the 28 Min Band workout from Jessica's new DVD set - it is the strength training DVD. The "schedule" called for her upper body workout - but I am generally not a fan of splits and since I missed the lower body split yesterday I figured I'd miss the upper body today! I did enjoy this band workout - it is a total body routine. Very well done - pretty much hits everything and feels good - just enough w/out over doing.

Carol - I can see being concerned about a suppressed immune system. Beth's site is very good - I just wish it wasn't so expensive - I think it is $30 a month!!

Donna
Donna, She said something about a "special price".

Carol
Old 06-10-22, 03:56 PM  
donnamp

My ears have just perked up, LOL!

I may also subscribe for a special price. I feel that if I really wanted to advance my Pilates practice, she would be a my go-to.

Donna
Old 06-11-22, 04:12 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - # 1 Wyoming
Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners Core Section

I really do need to add a step workout in at least once a week - it is more intense than my indoor and outdoor walking and I think good for my for cardio health. This was an easy to follow routine - filmed near the Sweet Water River.

Whenever I do Jenny's outdoor workouts I always want to follow up with another outdoor workout which is how I ended up with Jane Adams. I really like her yoga practices. I may buy some more of them - I don't have her Balance & Strength, Yoga for Seniors or Stronger Standing Balance DVDs.

I also now have a yen to travel to the west - DH and I did a fair amount of traveling in the southwest/northwest during the late '90's/early 2000's - seeing the scenery from these workouts makes me want to go again.

I was thinking up a rotation w/ Jenny's workouts and Jane's Yoga.....of course,LOL!

Donna
Old 06-11-22, 04:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's activity was

Outdoor walk - 40 minutes, no dogs;
I walked early this morning - they were predicting hot weather today and they were right. It's currently 108 at my house in the shade.

Trifecta Pilates - Short Weights Routine (YouTube) - 20 minutes
I wanted to like this routine, but I really didn't care for it much. I thought it moved too fast - unless you wanted to lift 2 or 3 lb weights. Plus there were a lot of combination moves - too much to think about on such a hot day.

Carol