Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-20, 07:16 AM  
owltx

I am another insomniac here. Sigh. Issues for years, getting worse as I am in peri now.

I just posted in another thread - to add to the discussion on audio books and podcasts. One thing I've discovered that can really help me is sleep stories. From the other thread: "I subscribe to the Calm app, and have sleep sheep (headphones that are flat and worked into a soft flat headband so you can fall asleep with them on and not notice). Calm has specific sleep stories. You will find you really click with a certain narrator. I adore Alan Sklar; his voice is so incredibly soothing. They also have two from the French Whisperer. He also has offerings on you tube you could try for free. This doesn't always work for me, but it is my current go-to when I wake up and can't go back to sleep, and works better for me than anything else I've tried over the years."

That plus meditation and midnight pacing.
______
Old 03-23-20, 09:22 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

UG, had a really, really bad night last night. All the stress of the current crazy compounded with a broken appliance we don't know how we're going to handle plus hormones spell a disaster for my sleep right now.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this or not yet, but I've used various YouTube meditations/self-hypnosis videos over the years. One of my absolute favorites is Michael Sealey. He has a beautiful voice that really can lull you into a deep state of relaxation or sleep if that's your goal. I would have given anything to hear him last night but I don't really have a way to do that without waking my husband...or more importantly, waking our four cats and dog who would then wake my husband up!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insomnia, sleep, sleep help, sleep issues