Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-10, 01:35 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulabug1 View Post
I'm new to this forum but, have lurked here for YEARS. I just ordered Tonique from Mary after reading all the great reviews here on VF. I can't wait to get them! Right now i'm doing the new Slim in Six and I just started Burn it Up this week. I really like the new dvds!
Welcome from lurkdom!
Old 05-07-10, 02:38 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I'm going to hold out a while, but I'm keeping my eye on this. Maybe it can be a reward for getting myself consistent again with my workouts .
You could always use my method - earn it via $1.00 a workout. (Don't look at my tag line right now...I was weak)

Also - did you see the recent post with the Tracy Anderson freebie? I gather it's mostly or all lower body (I only watched the first few minutes). It might be just a little something enough to hold you over for a while without spending any money.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 10:51 AM  
kristieschultz1

nothing has proven to be a magic bullet for me. The ONLY thing that produces real Magic is a combination of working out with challenging workouts regularly and eating clean.

I have been doing tonique for about a month or so and just love it very much. Someone above mentioned that it is a little addictive because you get better at it, which is very true. When I first tried tonique 1, I wasn't very coordinated with the lunges and balances type work combined and the drills were a little hard for me to complete. Now after doing it for several weeks, it gets easier every time and I feel my body getting stronger but in a good way, not bulky but lean if that makes sense. I have 1, 2 and mat and love them all. They are doable, tough enough, not grueling and much more focused on endurance and cardio with the toning benefits of light weights. I can't say enough good things about these workouts. I wouldn't say that are FUN, but I must say I am very addicted to them and they get the job done with the least amount of pain as possible. These days the thought of doing something called "insanity" just turns me off. I haven't noticed any major RESULTS, but I am already toned and in very good shape, only need to drop 5 for summer but that comes with the eating. I have noticed that I'm not as bulky looking as I was before when I did cathe and CLX, which I think it is a good thing.
kristieschultz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 06:19 PM  
lisarah

Lisa looking for tonique on exercise tv still...
thanks for the help ladies, but my exercise tv doesn't have it! I only have 12 workouts in 30 minute category & the last one is kim kardashian. Drat!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-bandwagon, bandwagon, kathy smith compilations, tonique