Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-23, 10:53 AM  
Rhonda

Anyone NOT buy Cathe's new series

I had contemplated on buying it and then figured I could do a couple months of her on-demand. But, and it just may be me, the clips are not catching my eye but then again I am not doing heavy lifting right now.

If this had come out a couple years ago, I would have been all over it. But as I age, I am just not into that anymore. Yes I do still strength train but not like that.

I am glad with my decision but wondering if there are others that didn't buy or am I in my boat alone.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 11:01 AM  
Erica H.

I would love the strength training ones but not interested in the others. But I don't buy from Cathe anymore due to my principles so I wouldn't order her products because I'm not comfortable supporting her.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 11:19 AM  
buffmama

I also did not order. I find with a different type of workout I can gain strength in less time and no dread.
Old 02-15-23, 12:11 PM  
Hsim

I did not order it. I do not wish to buy anymore Cathe DVDs, not because I don't like her but because I will probably subscribe to her streaming service at some point.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 12:27 PM  
ellaenchanted

I amnot buying it. It is too fussy for an at-home program for me though it would be awesome at the gym. There weren't enough alternative exercises in the clips and the exercises shown as alternative to using the bars weren't really working the muscles same IMO.

Once CLX came out, I saw how effective shorter workouts with minimal equipment could be for gaining strength and I haven't gone back to Cathe.I did the Push Phase so many ytimes as a paper workout using the guide book. Wow, it really has been a long time since I bought any Cathe programs. I have been liking Jasper MacDermott on YT. And still using Lift with Cee's workouts even with all her video deleting shenanigans.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 01:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

assuming this is for STS 2.0, no.

I am usually extremely late to anything new - better to wait for detailed reviews and just get the individual DVDs rather than the entire set.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 01:34 PM  
Schnauzeritis

I haven't done a Cathe workout in years and I will not be purchasing her new series. I was always a gym girl and did DVDs when I couldn't get to the gym. I also like to do varied workouts by different instructors. It amazes me that people will only do workouts from one instructor. They become fantatics about one instructor. I see this happening now with Chris Dorner. Her legion of fans now only do her workouts. I adore her step workouts and send her money because without her there would be no more step. However, there are a ton of other instructors that have awesome workouts that I love. For me variety is definitely the spice of life, when it comes to exercise anyway.
Schnauzeritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 02:07 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Well I tried to buy it, but the order did not go through because I never got a response from them. I still haven't heard from them. I have so many cathe weight workouts all the way back to the Pure Strength series so I'm okay without it for now.

I do lift heavy (for me) because I'm fighting osteo. I do think the previews look good. I would like to buy the leg workouts. It's hard to find leg workouts that go slow and aren't high rep.

I also did not buy the original STS, and I've never regretted it.
Old 02-15-23, 02:37 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I would love the strength training ones but not interested in the others. But I don't buy from Cathe anymore due to my principles so I wouldn't order her products because I'm not comfortable supporting her.

Erica
Is there something here that I missed?
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 03:08 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I didn't buy it because I'm only interested in upper body strength workouts. Anything lower body has the potential to mess up my knees and lower back, and I'm not interested in her cardio and whatever else is included in the set

I am loving her Cathe Live workouts, though. She has lots of upper body, some alternated with low impact or easily modifiable cardio.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe preorder, cathe sts 2.0, sts 2.0