Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-23, 01:55 PM  
Dontmindthemess

TB2, I’m really looking forward to watching The Banshees of Inisherin, that my kind of movie! I have a lot on my list and I’m just waiting to get my TV back I’m watching Fleishman is in Trouble and Wednesday (love both), I want to watch Andor, White Noise, and get back to Abbot Elementary too. Last week I went to see Avatar. Even though I’m not really into it but it was visually stunning and our closest theater has comfy reclining seats so I did enjoy my afternoon. I would have happily watched previews for four hours just to be out of the house!!

AnMrsDe I saw your 2021 wrap up post! I’m so happy you had such an awesome year!! Great work!! It’s so rewarding when you can see all your hard work. How is your mom doing?

Waves to everyone!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 12:00 PM  
AnMrsDe

Ugh, I just lost my LONG post!!

Welcome back to all our MIA's!!! For some of you, ahem, YogaPam, it's been quite awhile!!!! Welcome back! Great to see everyone for 2023!!

ASAS, Hi! Great to see you again!

T2B, kudos to your DD for tackling Heather's new program...I did Day 2 today and it was a butt-kicker!! /You got one up on me...I did not count how many actual workouts I did in 2022.... Did you get "paid" again for doing them?

Jane, Thank you so much for the congrats! (I assume you meant 2022...2021 wasn't the best year for me!) It only took me 10 or so years to get to this weight!! Ha, I'm sure Menopause had a lot to do with it...hopefully, I have it sort of figured out! Your comments about IF really hit home, though, and I really think by taking 'things up a notch' for that, it had the most to do with my results. (Which I already knew but never came to existence!). / My mom is feeling better this week...Monday was the first day she could go out of her apt since she came down with COVID right before Christmas...a bummer since she didn't get to go to our houses for the holidays, but very thankful it was a mild case and she's doing great now. She couldn't wait to get out to go the bank yesterday - and the temp was 60*+, so all the more reason!! Thanks for asking.

Hope everyone has a great month, as well as a great year!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 06:25 PM  
T2B

AMD - I never thought about counting minutes, lol. I feel like if I paid myself this year that I would be double dipping because in Nov/Dec, I bought a MacBook, a Fitbit Versa 2 and new iPods. My old iPods will not hold a charge in 1 pod for very long, the other pod will stay charged for hours. I’ve tried cleaning the charging connectors but still… . They were on sale for $89 so I couldn’t resist. Plus, my stupid personal property taxes are due by Dec 31 and because I waited to open the envelope until the 29th, I was shocked that the taxes for my car increased about $200. Ridiculous! I’m glad your mom is doing well after her bout with covid.

Jane - I started watching Fleishman is in Trouble 2 nights ago. I saw that it was on Hulu, so I jumped right in, I really enjoy Abbot Elementary, just some light fun and laughter. I'm in the middle of Wednesday, love that too. I loved the first Avatar but don’t know that I will see the 2nd one, since no one is interested in seeing it with me at the theatre. Keeping my fingers crossed that you’ll have your space back soon! ♥️

~~ to everyone!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 08:01 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks for the warm welcome AMD! It definitely has been a while!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-23, 09:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Welcome back Pam! I'm so glad we're neighbors this month. I'm terrible about checking in back here in the locker room.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 07:51 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I’m sorry your mom got Covid, thankfully it was a mild case. I’m sure it felt good for her to get out in that warm weather. We’ve been pretty mild since that cold snap and I’m not complaining. I’d love a whole winter like this. My dad would have absolutely have needed to go to the bank too!! They’re so funny. I’ve been trying to add more protein into my diet, it’s been four days and I don’t think I can keep it up I don’t restrict anything, just trying to up my protein but it’s a struggle.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Jane
Old 01-07-23, 11:47 AM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, enjoy all your techy toys!! Thanks about my mom...it was rather close for me…she had the bad cough when I was around her the day before she tested positive but thankfully, I had on my gloves and had double masked. Everyone says the masks are worthless but I definitely disagree.

Thanks, Jane! When you get the protein consumptions right, let me know too, LOL! I'm constantly trying things myself to up it more and agree it's a downright struggle! Wouldn't it be great if the winter continued on with this weather? 'Dream on', I'm afraid! Your dad sounds like he's doing well (and oh yes, the bank trips are often!!)

~~~Waves~~~ Have a great weekend!
Old 01-09-23, 12:46 PM  
Dontmindthemess

TB2 I watched the Banshees of Inisherin a couple of nights ago and it’s been on my mind since. Dark, wry and really fantastic performances all around. I expected to enjoy it but I didn’t expect it to stick with me this much. Martin McDonagh really does a good job with the small town dynamics. I haven’t watched In Bruges yet but I’m definitely interested now.

Jane
Old 01-11-23, 10:32 AM  
T2B

Jane - BOI sure does stay with you, doesn’t it? I find myself thinking about it at random times. I watched The Menu, now on HBO Max, last weekend, that’s enjoyable as well. Thanks for posting the Hamelin link.

Colin Ferrell won a Golden Globe - Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy. Glad he won but what a weird category because I didn’t think it was a musical or comedy. Not a fan of GG, hard for them to think outside the box. Severance or Better Call Saul should have won something.

AMD - So many viruses are going around, it is better to be cautious vs regretful.

bex - Are you still in the US? I hope you had a fantastic time visiting with family.

Elsie - Been thinking about you, praying that your DH is getting stronger every day. I hope you’re doing ok as well and are getting your walks in, when you can.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 08:37 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, your theatre saga cracked me up!! We went to the theatre yesterday, (just mostly Seniors in the crowd, LOL) since we saw A Man Called Otto…excellent!! I didn’t expect to like it so much, esp. since it’s kinda dark in spots but tugged on the heart strings. His neighbor, Marisol, made the show, IMO, but Tom and Truman did great too. Well worth the Sr. Admission, LOL. /Hope you enjoyed your day off today!

Jane hope you get feeling better! Stomach bugs are the worst! Take it easy…did your MIL start packing yet? /That Yvette workout I did on Sat. was really fun…wasn’t too hard either with the circuit format and light weights. I’m not sure you’re still subscribed, but thought I’d mention it.

Helen, love the new avatar of the twins!! Sounds like you’re off to a good ‘23!

Chrys, if you’re reading this, Happy Birthday!! Hope you are doing well…drop by and say hi!

Hope to hear from some of you that haven’t posted (yet) or recently…thinking of you! Have a good week, everyone!

Tags
just the workouts