Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-05-22, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Elsie - I'm sorry to hear about your DH's illness. ((HUGS)) take care of yourself, don't worry about what other people's expectations are for you for the holidays.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 12:16 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Yeh, I'm looking forward to seeing more back too.
AMrsDe, DH is home. He has good and bad days. He is just expected to get a little better we hope with medication. Communication from doctors still continues to be very little. Our lives and his expectations are now forever changed, at a youngish age. It's just the way it is.
We both have a lot of feelings about this. I do what I can to keep the stress from him. It's been BEYOND overwhelming for me, without supports, to be perfectly honest.
One of my stress managing tactics of course, is goig to be activity and here! I'm hoping people dont come all on top of me for the holidays .... I very truthfully Cannot do it. I barely get past some days with all the changing meds etc. And running around without a car. Plus keeping track of everything. Now I have people, who expect Christmasy things to be done, and I'm feeling in a pressure cooker.
Good thing is that he is getting less wobbly on his feet the last while. Occupational therapy is supposed to begin Dec 21st!

Sorry for long-ass answer!
Elsie, so glad to hear DH is home now! I'm sure with the medication & OT he will be improving each day. Prayers are still being sent for both of you!

Like Donna said, don't worry about Christmas obligations! If your family/friends/coworkers, whomever, do not realize all you have on your plate right now, then they are living in oblivion!!! (You may even have to use the word "No"!) You are doing great with everything, it sounds like, and I know your DH surely appreciates you and all you're doing.

I'm so glad you feel you can come hear to vent and keep your sanity....we are here for you! (((HUGS)))
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-22, 09:18 PM  
bex

Elsie I'm just adding to the chorus. Take care of yourself and your DH!! Everything else is optional.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-22, 04:05 AM  
Elsie

Oh, many thanks for those words of support and sensibility. I've been feeling a bit of a failure.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-22, 11:17 AM  
AnMrsDe

How's everyone doing??

Elsie, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you on the 10th!!! I hope you could find something to do that gave you some pleasure and provided you some "me" time!

Bex, glad you are over that bad bout of stomach flu! Safe travels to the US!! Did you see that Travis is coming out with a new program? Yoga45for45...45 min. classes for 45 days and is currently being streamed on IDT. I wish he provided D/L's as I might have actually purchased them! Maybe he still will... Here's the link in case you'd like to read more: https://www.innerdimensiontv.com/the...MChLJwV.SZne2d
https://www.innerdimensiontv.com/?mc...eid=7d3a3fc10e ETA: he posted one on YT already! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GyFyS6Zp5E

T2B, great job on all your rotations! Your next one sounds great! I may have to look into Cathe's April '22 rotation...sounds like a good one and covers everything./I about had it with all the rain/fog/gloominess here!!! If all this was snow, we'd probably have about 10' though, so in reality, I'm not complaining, LOL! I just wish the would shine again!! I'm holding out on Sunday to hopefully find all the leaves off my tree to be COMPLETELY done with yard work!!!! (until my attention goes to the front yard tree and picking up all the pokey balls once again!!)

Is is safe to say we will not hear from our MIA's (who joined and have yet to post a workout)???? LOL I hope everything is ok with you ladies and you're having a great holiday season.

Hope everyone continues to get all their preparations done for Christmas...11 days and counting!
Old 12-14-22, 08:00 PM  
T2B

Elsie - Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you were able to have some me time. It’s good to see you checking in. I’m happy that your DH is home, praying for you both. Please continue to protect your energy. I hope your friends/family will understand, but if not, continue to protect your energy and just say oh well, and move on. Do what’s best for you and your hubby.

AMD - thanks for always keeping us going! I have a funny, not funny story about leaves. So, my work location has lots of trees. We even have a pokey ball tree in back, near the patio. A lot of the leaves still haven’t fallen from the trees. A few weeks ago while at work, I heard a big racket, sounded like lawn movers and leaf blowers. Going from one end of our building to the other end of the building, extremely loud. So finally, got curious and looked outside and saw that there were a crew of about 15 landscapers blowing leaves and what not. I went to the other end of the building, which is near where I park my car, to see what they were doing on that side since it’s mostly all parking so not sure why it sounded like they were on the roof blowing leaves too, lol. I took a look out of the windows and didn’t see my car. I had a quick oh $#!# moment and before I could react I see this humongous pile of leaves, so high that I couldn’t see anything but this wall of leaves. As I’m watching, thinking maybe I parked my car in the other slot, those #$%% landscapers proceeded to blow this humongous pile of leaves right over my car to their flatbed truck, which was parked behind my car. Imagine 15 guys wrangling a tsunami of leaves, I couldn’t believe what was in front of my eyes, lol. My car was covered in sap, and dust and it also had a lot of leaves in the grill of my car and the part where the hood meets the front windshield. Who does that? I opened the side door and just looked at the crew with a *** shrug and they looked at me all sheepish. I couldn’t stand outside too long glaring ‘cause it smelled like gasoline and again, it was way too loud. Lol. My intention that day was to go to the car wash early that morning but I was so busy that day that I forgot about it. They’re lucky I hadn’t gone to the carwash early that morning. So annoying, lol.

ASAS - hope you’re ok and are just busy. Check in when you can…

Jane - did you watch the new season of White Lotus?

Waves~~

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-22, 10:50 AM  
AnMrsDe

Holy Cow, T2B!! I would've been a little peeved with all that *crap* getting on my car!!! Pretty unprofessional if you ask me. ***This makes my theory of doing yard work myself a priority since I know it'll be done right and to my high standards!!*** If I hired a maintenance crew to do my yard work, my neighbors would probably see me out there after they left finishing what they missed, LOL!! I get that character trait from my dad, as he was always so meticulous on the farm, so it's kind of built in me to get every.single.leaf.
Old 12-15-22, 12:16 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Hi everyone!! I just typed out a longer post and accidentally deleted it.

I’ve been working out the last couple of weeks, just a 20 min Peloton ride and then a Kaylie or Travis yoga after. Nothing crazy, just trying to keep my sanity. My MIL is still at our house for another few weeks while she’s waiting to move to her over 55 condo. She’s been a lot to deal with and it’ll be good for her to get settled in to her new home. It’s close by us so we will be able to help her with anything she needs.

Elsie I think you’re doing your best!!! It must be so hard for both you and your husband to adjust to the new normal. I just want you to know that I’m thinking of you!! And forget about Christmas, and these people that that are pressuring you to do things. Make sure you put yourself first!!!

AnMrsDe I almost signed up for a month of Yvette but I think it’s above my current level. I am going to try the new 45/45 practices and report back. I’m really out of shape!! When I spin I don’t put on the cadence, I just want to get sweaty and not worry about any numbers right now.

TB2I would have lost it with the landscapers. It’s really unnecessary for them to be near the cars and those blowers kick up stones and debris. I’ve only watched the first episode of White lotus but I can’t wait to get back to it. I’ve also watched the first couple of episodes of Wednesday on Netflix and I found it charming. Very watchable.

Liz I hope you’re doing well and wouldn’t mind reading your posts!!!

I hope everyone is doing good and surviving the season!!! I’ll try to be better about checking in but I’m planning on being more structured next month and working to get my strength back.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-22, 02:32 PM  
T2B

AMD/Jane - the crew were a bunch of jerks. I inspected my car before leaving work that day. I didn’t have my phone with me (the one time that I didn’t) but our building has numerous cameras so if I had to file a complaint for damages, I would have had that backup.

AMD - I know you enjoy doing your landscaping and most people are not going to do it like we would. My lawn is maintained by the condo assoc and I can say those guys are jerks, too. Every now and then they will park in my driveway for whatever reason and there’s been a time or two that I made them come back out and power wash my driveway because their truck left a big oil stain on my driveway. Like you, I’m sick of these gloomy days. It rained heavily on Tuesday, some of Wed, and it’s been overcast and cold all day today. I finally finished setting up my laptop, all my files and downloads are transferred and I’m getting ready to reset my iPad for recycling. I laugh every time I try to use my laptop as a touch screen. I will definitely miss that but the MacBook is just beautiful.

Jane - it will be great to have your space back. I’m sure once you can focus, you will bounce back quickly. It is quicker to regain strength/endurance when you already have a good base. Wednesday is on my to watch list. I’ve been watching Yellowstone, when I’m in the mood to watch tv, and I really enjoy it. Kevin Costner still has it! I had to watch the White Lotus in real time so as not to be spoiled. Good job with your workouts!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-22, 07:26 PM  
LizEMA

Elsie!!!!!! It is SO good to hear from you!
I am over the moon that your husband is back home, but so sorry to hear about all of the overwhelm that you continue to deal with.

It must be difficult having to temper the joy of your DH returning home with the reality of what that entails and the new life you are learning to navigate. I think it will take quite a bit of time for both of you to adjust and come to terms with this horrible thing that happened, understandably.

Don’t neglect to appreciate how far you have already come, how much you have already endured and how resilient you are!

We’re like muscles, though, right? Being broken down a little bit by life’s pressures and hardships, only to be built back up even stronger.

Don’t you DARE feel like a failure! You are just ONE person, doing the best that you can. That is all any of us can do, right? The best that we can. You’re giving all that you’ve got. If you had more to offer, you would.

I had NO idea it was JUST you throughout all of this with no support. Do you not have family close by or just ones that are unable to offer help? Are you normally without a vehicle? Or is that just a recent occurrence?

As far as the holidays are concerned, I can’t imagine that anyone would SERIOUSLY be expecting your priorities to stray from your husband’s care and health right now. It must feel like another thing you have to deal with just to have to set people straight.

But less than a week away until his OT starts! That’s like an early Christmas gift, right?

Bex, So exciting about you coming to the states! Do you have family/friends here? How long are your planning on staying? Will you be traveling while here or just staying put in one place? Even though I have been in and out of this check in, I feel like we are comrades in arms, and I’m sad I won’t get to see you while you’re here, even though we’ve never met! LOL

AMD, as T2B said, thanks for always keeping us going! I am here, checking in. See my log post.

Jane! OMG, I can’t believe your MIL is STILL with you!! I know how difficult it was for you when she first came to stay. I can only imagine how that may have compounded over these many months. Whoo. I guess quite a few things have transpired since then if she remained at your house and is now moving in to a new place. Is there a set move-in date, yet? The holiday season is stressful enough without adding things to it so I’m sorry this one has put so much on your plate. For me, I always feel like one thing going off track, creates a domino effect resulting in EVERYTHING going off the rails. I always strive for balance but very rarely seem to achieve it.

Don’t let not checking in regularly be an added stressor, though. It should be the opposite! I always love seeing you pop in and am happy whenever you are able to do it, whether it be every day or once a month.

And, I agree with T2B – once everything is settled with your MIL, you’ll rebuild your strength and stamina quickly. Even just having a light routine makes a positive difference once you begin to establish a more consistent routine. Keeping the body moving is the most important thing. I have been woefully inconsistent this year, but just staying active with warm weather yard work, the occasional Pole class and a few WOs here and there, I have managed to maintain most of my strength, surprisingly. Not so much my endurance and stamina, but even that is not awful. So just keep doing what little bits you can because it all counts and adds up.

MathTeacher, Sorry to hear that your November was a rough one and that December was not the bounce back you had been hoping for. January is always a GREAT month to get back on track with things. The beginning of the year really does help sometimes to reset the mind, body and soul, feeling like your slate has been wiped clean, letting you start afresh. I hope January provides you with that and helps you find the balance and rhythm you are looking for. In the meantime, I hope you are, at the very least, enjoying your holiday season.

T2B, Your landscaping story sort of hit close to home. We’ve had quite a few contractors working on the house over the past few years, and, even when we, the property owners, are paying them, they don’t have a very high level of respect for the place in which they are working. There is just almost NO care taken in avoiding damaging the things around them.
We had painters in most recently, and I almost professed my undying love to one of them. LOL He is the most amazing worker we’ve EVER had in this house – detail oriented, respectful of where he is, LISTENS when you tell him something and REMEMBERS it on the following days. He is YOUNG, though, so I’ve surmised he is the way he is because he has not yet been jaded or beaten down by life. LOL

On a side note, your consistency is AMAZING. Even when you do lighter WOs, you always manage to get SOMETHING in. It’s so impressive, and I so admire you for it.

Tags
just the workouts