Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-22, 03:49 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've been doing pretty well getting walks/steps in. Went to see the grandgirlies over Labor Day, and got my walks in there. BUT, we had a huge wildfire just to the north of us and it caused falling ash on Friday. My lungs flared up and I couldn't walk and breathe. Yesterday was better, then today a headache. Hopefully I'll be back walking tomorrow. I'm not sure when I will start weights, because I have a shoulder/arm issue that started in June when I was gardening like crazy. DS says it's an impingement; I'm calling the Dr this week to do something about it.
Luv2wo and ASAS, school has been really tough the past 2 years - on students and parents. I work at a high school, and am waiting for "normal" to come back.
bex, glad you aren't having lockdowns.
AnMrsDe, I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-22, 11:33 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Chrys, I agree, it has been very stressing to say the least, but I am sure it has been tough for teachers and all the school staff as well, I can't wait for back to normal too! That sounded awful about the wildfire, and all those ashes falling around, I hope there is no more of that and I hope you will find a good treatment for your shoulder pain, take care!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-22, 08:27 PM  
Luv2WO

ASAS - That's awesome you have a 4th grader too! My son is my only child so every day I wonder what I am doing and if I am doing it right! Haha! I'm glad your daughter had a good transition going back to school last year and is doing well this year. I hear the curriculum and expectations increase in 4th grade so I am glad he is back in the classroom. So far, he does seem to be a little behind and that is my main worry. He seems to be doing well socially but I am hoping he isn't too far behind from online learning. I may have to vent to you from time to time as the school year goes on.

Chrys - Sorry about the fires and smoke! We drove up to Yellowstone over Labor Day and I noticed that the air got worse in Idaho the further north we drove. Now the smoke is in Salt Lake City and I can definitely feel how it affects my breathing. Hoping your headache is better tomorrow and your arm/shoulder pain gets resolved. That's great you are still exercising when you feel up to it.
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-22, 10:49 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Luv2WO, my daughter is our only child too! I get what you mean, it is not easy at times for sure. When covid started her school never closed and didn't offer online classes, so we took the decision that year to do homeschooling, we had to buy every book, and to make a plan for the year and get it approved, we were her teachers, I was her physical education teacher of course apart of the obligatory courses (French, Mats, Science, English, etc.), we included some additional ones (Spanish, Music, Plastic Arts and Physical Activity) as well, it was an interesting experience, and every time we got an email saying a class was closed because a new case of virus infection, we were glad to be at home. At the end of the year we were a bit nervous, since all we did needed to be approved, and thankfully it was. Her current teacher which is the same she had last year, told us she was actually a bit advanced than the rest and told us we did a great job at home. I think part of it was that we had time to study and finish every book without interruptions. At the end, what I want to say is not to get discouraged! There are some online tools that you can use at home to help your son to practice a bit more if he needs it, so he is not that behind from the rest of the class, I am sure with a little practice here and there he can do it! Kids learn fast and I wish him the best. And feel free to vent whenever you need it!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 09-18-22, 11:40 AM  
Luv2WO

ASAS Sorry for the late reply. That is amazing you did homeschooling for her and I am so glad it worked out! I bet it was challenging at times but it must feel good that all of that hard work paid off. I am not sure I could have done it. I work part time but even if I didn't, I am not sure I would have the patience or brains to do it. I try to help with him with his homework now and occasionally get stumped. LOL!! Thanks for the kind words and ideas to catch him up. We meet with his teacher Wednesday for parent-teacher conferences and I am sure she will have a lot of stuff we need to work on.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend! Our weekdays are pretty busy now so Sundays are my mornings to chill and take it easy.
Old 09-19-22, 03:51 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Luv2WO, thanks! It was challenging for sure, but glad it worked out, not something I would love to do again though! // LOL I know!! There are stuff they are studying that I don't remember at all! I have to double read and Google check at times! I hope everything goes well with the meeting on Wednesday.

Old 09-22-22, 03:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post

Pam61, Welcome to the check-in!!
Thank you so much! Appreciate the welcome!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-22, 10:36 AM  
AnMrsDe

ELSIE wrote at the end of the August thread in case you missed it:

"Not to interrupt the flow going with JTW, but just wanted to briefly pop in to thank (from the heart) Liz, AMD, Jane, donnamp, ASAS & Luv2WO for the thoughtful words, wishes etc.
I'll eventually be back to catch up on everyone's routines and so on.
DH is still in critical care and while not out of the woods, is quite a bit more stable. Unfortunately, septic shock gave such a blow to some other organs a while back. As long I know what's happening, I sleep okay, but very often the communication at the hospital is honestly, horrible or non-existent.
C U all soon. Keep on rocking your activities!!! Take easy care!"

Elsie! So good to hear from you and that your DH is holding his own!! He's been through quite a lot, it sounds like. Glad you're hanging in there with all this. Keeping you guys in my prayers still....take care of yourself!!

WAVES to all~~Have a great weekend!!~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-22, 10:39 AM  
Luv2WO

Elsie - So glad you checked in, and I'm glad your DH Is more stable! I hope he continues to improve every day. I'm sorry your sleep is suffering due to lack of communication. I would have a hard time with that too. It's always at night when I seem to worry and my mind can't calm down! I am thinking about you both and hope he gets to come home soon.
Old 09-24-22, 12:51 PM  
T2B

Elsie - I’ve been thinking about you and praying for your husband. I’m glad that your hubby is a bit more stable, and I pray that he continues to improve. Sending big, virtual hugs to you.

Jane - good job with pickleball. It has finally, like the last 2 days, gotten cool enough for me to think about trying pickleball. We shall see. TV - Did you finish The Bear? It was so good. I loved how it made me feel like I was right there in the middle of the action, too.. Also watched Industry on HBO and that one is intense as well, and good. Just started Peacemaker and it has made me lol, a lot. I liked Loot on Apple TV as well. I hope your MIL has joined you in watching some of your favorites, although Industry/Peacemaker may not be good to watch with the MIL. I bet your grandson is a joy! How are you liking TA streaming? How is your sister doing? Are you and your hubby still working out together?

AMD good job with all your intense workouts, and the walking . I still haven’t started the last season of BCS, so many great shows and not enough time. Glad to hear that your Mom is still doing good at the ALF. And cool that you are back assisting at your church day care. Do you ever see the little girl you took care of for awhile? I loved the Cathe teaser pic.

Liz & Chrys - hope all is well!

Pam - Welcome, always good to see a new face around here!

Waves to all!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts