Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-22, 12:20 PM  
Hsim

I really like Ripped and Chiseled should use it more frequently. I don't worry about completing the whole thing, I just do as much as I can and always get a great upper body workout.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 12:20 PM  
fatkat555

I have several of her workouts, but I haven’t pulled one out in a long time. I might have to revisit. This is why I rarely dump old dvds, I seem to want to return to them at some point.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 12:22 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I have several of her workouts, but I haven’t pulled one out in a long time. I might have to revisit. This is why I rarely dump old dvds, I seem to want to return to them at some point.
Too funny, I was literally about to type the exact same thing! I haven't done her workouts in forever but I have kept them tucked away. Putting one on next week's list now!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 02:32 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Too funny, I was literally about to type the exact same thing! I haven't done her workouts in forever but I have kept them tucked away. Putting one on next week's list now!
I’m definitely a dvd workout hoarder. I rarely purge my collection.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:23 AM  
LoveVA

I've been doing Beachbody workouts exclusively for the past two years and I have no plans to get rid of any of my Jari workouts or any of my other DVDs. I'm sure I will go back to them at some point.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 09:52 AM  
alisoncooks

I did Slim & Lean this morning (with some modifications — I skipped some sections). It’s definitely a step up from the OG Get Ripped. Whoa-boy! My legs are feeling it!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 12:17 PM  
hypnomoon

I am getting rid of a lot of my workouts and had all of my Jari Love dvds on our selling group on Facebook. Not one single bite. I donated them to a local resell charity.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 08:53 PM  
wendug

I've been doing a lot of YT workouts this past year, specifically heavy weight workouts (Lift w/Cee, Caroline Girvan, Vera LaRo), and haven't done a Jari workout in a while. I was having issues with my internet today and decided to do Jari's Ripped and Jacked. I have done this workout twice before- once doing upper body, once doing lower body. Well today I did the entire workout and was able to go fairly heavy on the lower body (20 pound dumbbells), and for upper body I used between 5 and 12 pounds. This workout is supposed to be slow and heavy, but the tempo of it makes it difficult to go very heavy. Specifically, the 8-8 tempo is tough! I just want to note that although this workout is over an hour long, I made it through fairly easily. I guess all those YT workouts lifting heavy have improved my endurance! I'm going to hang on to my Jari workouts for when I'm having internet issues or if I just want to change things up.
Old 08-11-22, 04:47 AM  
Buzzer

Thanks for bringing this timely to me thread back, Wendug! I have recently discovered my 30 minutes to fitness workouts, and am loving them. I was just going through my DVD's yesterday and cautiously pulled out some Jari's that say they have 30 minute workouts on them, and was trying to decide if I wanted to add them to my 30 minutes rotation.

I think I fell off the Jari wagon when she started adding too much intense cardio to the workouts. I loved the weight lifting she did, and I did those DVD's often! Then I thought she got way into intense cardio and away from lifting, plus I think they started to get really, really long! Then I remember I just got turned off and put all the workouts away.

This revived my interest in the old weight lifting only workouts she has! I will have to go through today and make sure I read reviews, watch clips, and read threads on all of them to decide which ones I will put in this current rotation!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 11:28 AM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
...I think I fell off the Jari wagon when she started adding too much intense cardio to the workouts. I loved the weight lifting she did, and I did those DVD's often! Then I thought she got way into intense cardio and away from lifting...
Same here! I didn't like the cardio at all, but I do still love her earlier workouts.

diana
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love, jari love favorites, jari love success