Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
That looks good!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 11:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I had to wait at the bank the other day for a long time. I saw the bank manager walk back and forth from her office. She was very well-dressed and had the hair and make-up thing going. She had on these three-inch high heels. Her posture was out of whack. She walked with a forward tilt from the waist. I have to think that her back (and feet) must hurt at the end of the day. Then, I saw two other female employees with the very high heels and the exact same forward tilt from the waist. It looked painful!

So the extra high heels look great, but you walk incorrectly. And potentially damage your skeletal structure.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-29-22, 03:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Bob & Brad have a brand new posture video on their channel:

Want Perfect Posture? I Love This "Posture-ization Routine!"

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-01-22, 03:32 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Well, how did everyone do? I really made an effort to keep a straight back and keep my chin tucked in.

It seems easier to be aware of posture (and good form) during workouts, but we can forget about all that during our daily lives.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-01-22, 04:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Well, how did everyone do? I really made an effort to keep a straight back and keep my chin tucked in.

It seems easier to be aware of posture (and good form) during workouts, but we can forget about all that during our daily lives.

Truthfully..... I didn't go out of my way to do any posture improvement, but.... every time I thought of my posture, I also thought of you. I do think that either some of the PT exercises I'm doing and/or the Iron workouts are helping me with my posture a bit. It may just be improved core strength.
Old 05-02-22, 02:14 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Yes, as bee said, I thought of you every time I thought about my posture ! I've been done some form of posture work almost every day. I try to give myself little reminders throughout the day, but sometimes I forget.
Old 05-02-22, 10:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Truthfully..... I didn't go out of my way to do any posture improvement, but.... every time I thought of my posture, I also thought of you. I do think that either some of the PT exercises I'm doing and/or the Iron workouts are helping me with my posture a bit. It may just be improved core strength.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Yes, as bee said, I thought of you every time I thought about my posture ! I've been done some form of posture work almost every day. I try to give myself little reminders throughout the day, but sometimes I forget.
It's nice to be thought of for a good thing!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-02-22, 01:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well, and what I should have added, Vintage, is some appreciation for the focus on posture, because thinking about it and realizing I'm more conscious about it, I am actually working on it, if in more subtle ways than a follow along video, so.... thank you!!
Old 05-03-22, 10:48 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

bee - You're welcome!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-03-22, 03:53 PM  
Dancing Queen

April was a hectic month for me, but I'm focusing on posture in May. I've been doing the DVD for the 30-Day Posture Makeover daily and am already feeling more aware of my posture throughout the day.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, foam rolling, high heels, pilates, posture