Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-21, 05:46 PM  
Vantreesta

I have only done day 1 so far. My friend is doing BeSLAM Remastered and asked me to do kettlebells along with her so I'm doing my own workouts but on her schedule and plan to do the challenge on the days I do those workouts.

I'm doing elevated pushups, inverted rows and swings. I'm nursing ouchie hamstrings and getting enough deadlifts with the DVDs.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 10:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
How’s everyone doing with the challenge? I am on Week 2.

In Week 1, I paired the daily challenge with JM Body Revolution Cardio - opened with the challenge moves, then did the cardio. On alternate days, I did Riptensity with Gideon Akande. This worked really well for me.

This week, I am alternating with Jillian Michaels DVDs, some of the Killer titles. They don’t pair as well IMO.

How are y’all working the challenge in? On its own or alternating with other workouts?
kristiepI love Gideon! I have never done any of his workouts but his persona on instagram is so endearing. Heard him as a guest on a podcast and he was such a ray of sunshine!

Vantreesta and kristiep So cool to hear from other people doing this! I am on Week #2 and today did Day 6 and woof on the 90 swings, huh? I am glad I was conservative on my weight for my overhead presses and am enjoying this challenge.

I think this challenge pairs well with metabolic type workouts.

Last week I used the challenge around moderate cardio, Ellen, Tracie, pilates and CS and drills for improving my get up. I plan to continue doing that this week. It's seeming to work well but not sure if I'll keep doing that after this week because I have some other metabolic workouts that I also think would work well with this challenge and would be a good time to use them.

I plan on doing Day 7-8 this weekend. Love to keep hearing from you guys as this goes along!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 11:42 AM  
gladgirl

I so wanted to do this...
My family (4 of 5) got slammed with covid. We got it around the same time and gratefully no hospitalizations, but no workouts either!

Keep posting so I can live vicariously through you!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 11:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
I so wanted to do this...
My family (4 of 5) got slammed with covid. We got it around the same time and gratefully no hospitalizations, but no workouts either!

Keep posting so I can live vicariously through you!
gladgirl I hope you and yours are ok? Sending you full recovery prayers right now! 🙏

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-22-21, 12:38 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
gladgirl I hope you and yours are ok? Sending you full recovery prayers right now! 🙏
We still have symptoms, but I hope this is the tail end!
Thank you for your kind words.
Old 04-24-21, 02:11 PM  
Vantreesta

Hope you all recover soon, gladgirl!

I'm just going to start over with day one the first week of May. It's not happening next week.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-24-21, 09:24 PM  
fanofladyvols

Vantreesta I think you will benefit from being able to do it when you know you can fit it in your schedule.

I did Day 7 today and woof 100 swings was no joke!

I was excited to see Day 8 has fewer swings
Not gonna lie..I was a little worried it would be 110 swings

Old 04-24-21, 09:56 PM  
Vantreesta

That is lot of swings. I have heard of people doing 200 a day. I am not that ambitious!

I'm planning on doing my tri this Thursday and then taking a couple easy days before I start a new schedule on Monday.

Old 04-24-21, 11:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

200?!

I think I might burn out on swings if I did 200 every day.

And go get it on Thursday!! Already proud of you!!

Old 04-25-21, 10:34 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Hope you all recover soon, gladgirl!

I'm just going to start over with day one the first week of May. It's not happening next week.
Thank you. We are all doing well. Still a few symptoms but so much better overall.

Tags
challenges, lauren brooks, push pull