Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-20, 10:29 AM  
upperwside

Jari Love had to close her gym!

Hi! I just read that Jari Love had to close her gym due to covid. So sad to read this. I've bought all her DVDs over the years and she's been putting up so many free workouts on YouTube. I'm starting to see a lot of fitness, yoga, hair salons and restaurant starting to close in my city. I'm trying my best to support all our local small businesses, but it's not enough when the rents are too high and with restrictions on amount of people allowed inside at one time.. We'll be seeing more of this sadly. I think more gyms and studios will close as many people will not feel comfortable going back for a while.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 11:23 AM  
wendug

This is sad! I have noticed businesses closing down by me, too, but I wondered how they were in business pre-pandemic. I try to support small businesses in my area as well. I panicked when the salon where I get my eyebrows threaded was gone, but I looked the business up online and it had just moved to a different location. Strangely, I've seen demolition of old vacant buildings being torn down and new construction going in. I guess now is the best time as any to do this kind of stuff.
Old 06-16-20, 12:09 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, wow, no! Where did you see this? That's horrible.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 12:15 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Oh, wow, no! Where did you see this? That's horrible.
She posted on Facebook under her gym name Fitness Plus Calgary and then responded using her Jari Love page. Sad news.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 12:28 PM  
bubbles76

That is terrible! I feel so bad for her and all the gym owners/trainers that are trying to make it work right now.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 05:53 AM  
amoodygirl

That's sad to hear. But I get it. I don't think I will ever go back to a gym again. I began thinking about this even after teaching for over 30 years in gyms. This is one of the reasons why:

I joined a brand new YMCA within 5 minutes of my house - brand spanking new. I was in the ladies' room, in a stall, when another woman finished up and skipped washing her hands! I said behind my closed door, "Please wash your hands" and she said, "Go F**k yourself!" I killed my gym membership that day and told them exactly why.

This is why germs spread for a lot of things other than Covid - people can be disgusting. Now the thought of touching a weight or equipment when someone has not washed their hands after using the toilet is enough for me to never, ever go to another gym again.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 06:19 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

How ironic. I'm watching the news right now and 24-Hour Fitness just filed bankruptcy. Gold's Gym has closed. Many people have started working out at home and will continue. What a concept, huh?

If I were Collage, I'd be advertising.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
That's sad to hear. But I get it. I don't think I will ever go back to a gym again. I began thinking about this even after teaching for over 30 years in gyms. This is one of the reasons why:

I joined a brand new YMCA within 5 minutes of my house - brand spanking new. I was in the ladies' room, in a stall, when another woman finished up and skipped washing her hands! I said behind my closed door, "Please wash your hands" and she said, "Go F**k yourself!" I killed my gym membership that day and told them exactly why.

This is why germs spread for a lot of things other than Covid - people can be disgusting. Now the thought of touching a weight or equipment when someone has not washed their hands after using the toilet is enough for me to never, ever go to another gym again.
Yes people are shockingly gross. I can't believe how many people don't wash their hands after using the toilet. When this whole pandemic started, they were telling people to wash their hands and disinfect things around the house and I would shake my head thinking, aren't people doing that anyway? Why do people have to be told to do common sense basic hygiene?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 08:22 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Yes people are shockingly gross. I can't believe how many people don't wash their hands after using the toilet. When this whole pandemic started, they were telling people to wash their hands and disinfect things around the house and I would shake my head thinking, aren't people doing that anyway? Why do people have to be told to do common sense basic hygiene?
I am right there with you. I even told my hubby, people have to be told to do this. How crazy but I know there are a lot of people who use the toilet and walk right out.

We are started to hear about more and more smaller businesses closing. It truly is sad.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 08:23 AM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Sorry to hear about so many businesses going under.

I joined a gym for a while, couldn't take it either - rather be in my nice quiet, orderly, clean space.

I was so grossed out when I watched a youtuber say she was always 'commando' in the gym and didn't care what people thought about it. Not like I want to sit on a machine after another person used it like that....
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, gym, gyms, jari love