Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-20, 12:12 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Although I don't think of myself as elderly (barely 63!), one of my nieces has adopted me during this crisis. I hear from her every few days as she makes sure I am well and have all I need and that my father (who, at 88, is definitely elderly) does as well. It's quite touching how solicitous she is.
That is so nice. I’m really happy to help my aunts. They keep apologizing for asking us to do so much but we want them to stay put and stay safe so we’re happy to do it.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 12:32 PM  
Exercise Diva

I've been thinking a lot about the silver linings in all of this.

Our world is getting cleaner.
Wildlife is a little safer now that there aren't so many cars on the road
People are walking outside and family units are talking to each other instead of staring at their phones.
So many examples of incredible kindness and thoughtfulness (a woman in my community is making masks, for free, for anyone who requests it).
Reading more and watching some really fun tv
We're all being forced to slow down, which for me, is one of the biggest gifts of all.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 04:11 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
We're all being forced to slow down, which for me, is one of the biggest gifts of all.
This.

And time to sit (6 ft away) and talk to both my Mom and son.
Old 04-04-20, 04:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

Those are nice things, everyone!!

I am spending more time being thankful for what I have...never can do that enough, can we?

I am getting so much extra time with my DD.

I am being more creative in making leftovers seem exciting and my family is appreciating my cooking!

Finally, this is a decades long desire of mine, but my husband is finally exercising regularly.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 10:59 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I'm getting more flexible hamstrings -- I get to practice yoga 2x to 3x per week now because I am working from home and if I wake up early enough, I can get in a bit more workout time in my garden hut/home office. I'm spending more time with my kids ("late sevens" and "mid fours", both boys) since I spend some time each day on unstructured academics with the former (he's doing well already so pretty much done with the school year so anything I do is supplemental and based on his interests or mine!) I've vowed to do a bit more on this front with the younger model... And I'm glad to see more neighbors walking around, and making my kids go on more walks/hikes with hubby and me, and most of all (even though I work in "Big Tech") to see people realize smartphones are overrated and living a real life (not just a virtual one) is underrated. And also, I'm so glad to see more activity on VF! I just ordered Cathe's PHA 2, Petra's Liquid Grooves and KCM's Strong & Lean from Mary to support her and keep myself motivated I'm also trying to support any local restaurants and food trucks by ordering take-out so I can take my kids for lunch picnics... Kids are loving splashing in creeks, mucking around with snails and slugs, picking flowers and hunting mushrooms.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 11:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i predict that by Saturday, all of the cotton print fabric will be gone.
I was in there this morning looking for some beauty products. i passed by the fabric section, and one of the aisles where there used to be fabric was completely cleaned out. not only that, there was no thread - completely empty. the adjacent aisle had fabric but it was <1/4 stocked. the workers were quickly putting whatever bolts were left back on the shelf, so they weren't piling up near the cutting stations. they added 2 more cutters.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 08:36 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I was in there this morning looking for some beauty products. i passed by the fabric section, and one of the aisles where there used to be fabric was completely cleaned out. not only that, there was no thread - completely empty. the adjacent aisle had fabric but it was <1/4 stocked. the workers were quickly putting whatever bolts were left back on the shelf, so they weren't piling up near the cutting stations. they added 2 more cutters.
I ordered a face mask from a seller on Etsy so I wouldn't have to try to find supplies and sew the mask (badly) by myself. It helps me and supports someone else financially so it's a win-win.
Old 04-05-20, 11:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Love hearing everyone's stories. Thanks for sharing!

A lot of the houses in our neighborhood have cutout hearts in the windows.

A big thank you to all the healthcare workers, emergency workers, police officers and employees out doing jobs that are essential. I appreciate your keeping us going!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 11:03 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I ordered a face mask from a seller on Etsy so I wouldn't have to try to find supplies and sew the mask (badly) by myself. It helps me and supports someone else financially so it's a win-win.
nice!

My younger sister also noticed that in the Walmart near her house, ALL of the sewing machines were completely sold out! she took a photo, and a "soft" sewing machine carrier was the only thing remaining on the shelf where the machines were displayed.

also, elastic hair ties in the beauty section were completely sold out in all of the CVS stores that I had visited - these are used in making the fabric masks in some of the designs.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 11:10 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Let me know if it arrives on time and in good condition. I may want to buy a few myself. Right now, I'm going to be using the no sew option using a bandana. Luckily, I've got a few bandanas and elastic hair ties.

Oh, as for silver linings - I now take a lunch. I almost never take a lunch at work. Now I do, because I cook lunch for Tiny Bubble and check over his classwork during that break. It's nice to take a mental break at lunch.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19