Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-18, 04:25 PM  
suzannaerin

Well I’ll be darned, I sent an email asking for my payment info (when they charged and the last four digits of my cc). They responded with the info , but weirdly enough, I got another email saying that it was brought to their attention that I was complaining about their original response. I found that odd. Anyway, happily they gave me a prorated refund. I’d like to think it was not because I asked for my cc info but because they wanted to do the right thing. Thanks to all who encouraged me to push back, otherwise, I would be out $200.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 05:03 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Well I’ll be darned, I sent an email asking for my payment info (when they charged and the last four digits of my cc). They responded with the info , but weirdly enough, I got another email saying that it was brought to their attention that I was complaining about their original response. I found that odd. Anyway, happily they gave me a prorated refund. I’d like to think it was not because I asked for my cc info but because they wanted to do the right thing. Thanks to all who encouraged me to push back, otherwise, I would be out $200.
I suspect someone here put in a good word for you...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 06:05 PM  
TracyQ

That’s great Suzanne.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 07:08 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good to hear that Lisa did the right thing and that you've been issued pro-rated credit, Suzanne.

As I posted earlier, Lisa had always been very responsive and accomodating to me. Unfortunately, the fact that there is no easy way to check on her website when your subscription expires, makes it tricky to remember when you're up for renewal unless you email her. Of course, even if you CAN check it yourself - you still have to remember to do it. I try to only subscribe to one annual streaming site at a time, and I set up an advance alert for myself couple of weeks before my subscription is up for annual renewal so that I don't miss it in case I don't want to renew. It's been working well for me.

I thought someone posted few months ago that Lisa was working to upgrade her website and make it more user-friendly. I hope she does, because she is a superb instructor and I benefit so much from her classes.
Old 02-12-18, 07:15 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Call me a cynic but I suspect that it's because you were "complaining." FWIW, I find that wording very off-putting.

That said, I totally think they were within their rights to charge you. I do believe it's the customer's responsibility to keep track of their subscriptions. But I also feel companies have a responsibility to be transparent (easy to navigate sites, subscription info in the consumers reach).

Very glad you were able to come to a good resolution.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 07:27 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Pilates by Lisa. I just got an email, advising that the canceled my subscription and it will not renew in 2019. I’ll try to log in later this week to see if they removed me from access despite my unwittingly paying for another year.
Be careful because visiting the site may trigger a renewal.
this happened to me with Grokker after I cancelled

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 07:30 PM  
donnamp

I'm glad you got a refund!

I think they shouldn't have said it was because you were "complaining" even though that may have been the reason - good PR would dictate that they just issue the refund w/out mentioning the "complaining"! But, all is well that ends well - at least you got your $$ back.

I do wish Lisa would update her site so that it would be easier to manage your subscription. That is one reason why I don't pop in more for a month or two here and there on her site. I don't want an annual membership b/c my interests vary and change over time, but I would like to pop in and out from time to time - if it were easier to manage.

That being said, whenever I e-mailed Lisa to cancel my subscription I have had no issues - but it just would be easier to click a button for me - and also to see exactly when it ends, so I don't miss the date.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 07:31 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Be careful because visiting the site may trigger a renewal.
this happened to me with Grokker after I cancelled

Barb S
Oh gosh, that is terrible!!!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 09:15 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
I had a surprisingly unprofessional response from them when I was a subscriber. I'm glad you were able to get a prorated portion back.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 10:46 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

I believe not having renewal date information readily available via a subscription service's website is downright shady. If it isn't illegal, it should be. There must be consumer protection laws that address this issue.

Edited to correct spelling and punctuation.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, canceling pilates by lisa, pilates by lisa