Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-18, 08:58 AM  
TinaT

I do appreciate the variety of exercise and methods Karen developed over the years. She has alot to choose from when it comes to methods and she does them all very well. Cardio, weights, stability ball, pilates, yoga, barre. Very well rounded in her abilities.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 08:59 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
karen gives the best form tips right when you need them, to target the intended muscle.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
My favorite DVD of hers is Slim Physique (also called Sleek Physique) which contains Burn/Firm and Yoga Focus but she has made 30 minute workouts from them for each day of the week. This is one that I really should be doing right now since I haven't been motivated to do much of anything lately..
Taramisu, I forgot about that one. That's a great one to use to get your mojo back :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I would definitely consider the workouts with the stability ball if I still had one or room for one.
Well, no need for UCT then. I never got the pilates dvd by Karen that used the ring bc I never could click with using it. I didn't have her ring though.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 10:09 AM  
TinaT

It's all coming back to me now. Help me confirm these combos please:

Yoga & Sculpting: Yoga Power & Yoga Sculpt combo
Total Body Pilates: Pilate Core Power & Total Body Training Pilates

I know there a others, but I owned these and never used them. Maybe I'll reconsider.
Old 02-03-18, 11:36 AM  
Garrie A.

Yoga & Sculpting contains Core Essentials and Yoga Sculpt, but not Yoga Power/Yoga Focus.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 03:56 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Can someone explain the Complete Sleek/Sleek Essential situation to me? I have Sleek Physique, and I know the other Sleeks are different. I also know there was an part one and part two to the Complete Sleek/Essentials but the names are so similar I can't figure out what the titles are for the two Complete Sleeks. Thanks!

Carla
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 07:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Can someone explain the Complete Sleek/Sleek Essential situation to me? I have Sleek Physique, and I know the other Sleeks are different. I also know there was an part one and part two to the Complete Sleek/Essentials but the names are so similar I can't figure out what the titles are for the two Complete Sleeks. Thanks!

Carla
Sleek Physique 2002 (later renamed as Slim Physique) is a compilation of her Burn & Firm and Yoga Focus all on 1 DVD. it uses dumbbells. there's a premix for each day of the week. i have this, but i prefer to use the stand-alone workouts from which it is comprised.

Sleek Essentials 2006 - 3 DVD set, uses a foam roller and dumbbells. Sweat, Strength and Sleek are the names of each of the DVDs corresponding with Cardio, weights, and stretching, respectively. each workout is 50 min apiece. the foam roller is used in all of the workouts.

Complete Sleek 2007 (sometimes called Sleek Essentials II) - single DVD. it's roughly 20 minutes of cardio, strength, and stretching. it's different content than Sleek Essentials, with a similar style, just shorter than Sleek Essentials. it uses a foam roller too and dumbbels.

our very own Beth Toaster was in the test group for SE.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 02:03 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Thanks a lot, Jeanine. That clears it up. So many similar names is confusing.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 04:35 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

So Power Yoga is Yoga Focus? What about Yoga Flow?
Old 02-04-18, 10:27 AM  
Tugger31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxv-FjDIDAY
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 12:26 PM  
TinaT

I just did one of KV workouts that was posted on Youtube. I forgot how much fun her routines are. It was from Burn & Firm Circuit. Just at 30 minutes and I felt great afterwards. I love her upper body moves. Very deceptive in terms of looking easy, but by the end you're feeling it.

I've traded for some of her dvds and purchased a few just in the last few days. I'm excited to get reacquainted with Karen. It's been well over 10 yrs since I've owned any of her workouts.

Tags
karen voight