Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-17, 01:53 PM  
muggle

I just wanted to add that even though this was made a long time ago, it's still a valid and decent workout. She has the little cardio blasts in it....Loooong before we ever heard of HiiT workouts. It's a good one.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-17, 02:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I just wanted to add that even though this was made a long time ago, it's still a valid and decent workout. She has the little cardio blasts in it....Loooong before we ever heard of HiiT workouts. It's a good one.
back in the day, there were few authentic interval workouts, and this was one of them.

if you want another workout that is "shorter" with simple choreo and timed intervals using a step, Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough is similar and very good.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-17, 02:40 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Back in the day Energy Sprint was hugely popular at VF. I tried it and could not follow Karen's cueing for the life of me.

I like her as an instructor, but only for weights, stretching or yoga. Her cardio does not work for me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-17, 03:23 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Between Energy Sprint, Cathe's first step videos, the Cher videos, Kari Anderson's step videos, and Charlene Prickett, I lost 75 pounds in just a few months during the early 90s, and those were all I did!

I remember the outfits in this one being quite a snapshot of the types of outfits we wore back then -- I used to wear a purple leotard thong over neon green bicycle shorts to the gym!!! I'm sure I had a matching scrungy...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-17, 09:38 AM  
dianestjohn

Energy Sprint is a great workout; I wish she would remake it. I love Karen as an instructor, she seems elegant and calm which was a great contrast to all the rah-rah whoopiness of other 80's exercise videos.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-17, 12:26 PM  
TinaS

I would love to see a new workout like Energy Sprint or Great Weighted Workout from Karen. Once she shifted her focus to more stretch and yoga workouts, I reached for her dvds less and less.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-17, 04:02 PM  
Indy

I did this workout so many times. I remember I made my boyfriend at the time do this workout with me. He would work out a body part a day at a gym. I always thought his workouts were lame. After he did this, he said that I was in much better shape than he was and it inspired him to work out harder.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
energy sprint, karen voight, step without a step, vintage videos