Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-10-17, 06:23 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Firm question

Interestingly, I never really got into Firms. Do they have a website, streaming programs?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 07:05 AM  
rvagal

FitnessFavorites has a few of the classic Firms (Standing Legs, 5 Day Abs, Tough Tape, Upper Body, and Sculpted Hips, Buns, and Thighs) for $20/month or $4/rental on PivotShare. You also get a few of Anna Benson's later "FitPrime" videos for the $20/month.

Gaia has a few of the classic Firms (12 Minute Time Crunch, 5 Day Abs, Better Body & Buns, Lower Body Sculpting, Not So Tough Aerobics, 5 Day Stretch, Upper Body Split) and dozens of the newer "Pink" Firms for $10/month. You also get dozens of yoga and other fitness related videos with Gaia.

Amazon has some of the later (the Body Sculpting Systems and Pink Firms) for $14.99 to own for streaming. I'm not seeing rentals or any of the classic Firms.
Old 05-10-17, 07:15 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

BeMax Fitness is where the previous Firm instructors stream new workouts.

https://www.bemaxfitness.com/
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 10:39 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the classics are what got me into vidiotdom.

i'd start with Firm Strength and Tough Tape 1 or Maximum Body Shaping to start for toning. for cardio, Tough Aerobic Mix.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 01:10 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

TAM got me into incredible shape! I had to stop myself from doing it every day lol. Great video! I still have that on vhs. Never getting rid of it!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 01:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
TAM got me into incredible shape! I had to stop myself from doing it every day lol. Great video! I still have that on vhs. Never getting rid of it!
get the DVD version before they run out. I bought the DVD version last year from Collage or Mary - can't recall.

I bought the commercial DVD version despite having converted my VHS to DVD-R. the DVD version is chaptered well.

at Mary's sale recently, I bought NSTA and TCM. I've always liked these workouts, but the kicker was that in the VF reviews section, a VF reviewer named "Anonymous" wrote a VF review about going from 125# to 112 using TAM and NSTA!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-10-17, 01:37 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
at Mary's sale recently, I bought NSTA and TCM.
Word to the wise: NSTA (Not-So-Tough Aerobics) is called Light Aerobic Mix in the Fit Faves version.

(TCM is Tough Cardio Mix, a different workout from Tough Aerobic Mix.)

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 04:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Word to the wise: NSTA (Not-So-Tough Aerobics) is called Light Aerobic Mix in the Fit Faves version.

(TCM is Tough Cardio Mix, a different workout from Tough Aerobic Mix.)
thanks Julie for bringing this up.

TAM & NSTA (or LAM as it is now called) is based on Vol's 1-6. TCM is based on the Tri-Trainers, FC and FS. TCM is "almost" like FB from the Tri-Trainers except TCM doesn't have an abs segment.

Tags
firm classics, fitness favorites, gaia, pivotshare