Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-15, 03:49 PM  
SueT

Diana, I have the Ocycise Level 1 workout, the standard series, and there is a standing section, a sitting section, and then a section on the floor. There's also an "Easy Does It" version that you can buy, but I'm not sure if that version has any floor sections. You could email their customer service and ask about that. I had a few questions, and they got back to me within 24 hours.

I've just started Ocycise, after doing Bodyflex for a few weeks, thanks to this thread. I think the breathing in Ocycise is really better, since you're not holding your breath, but today will only be my second time doing the Level One workout, so I don't know about results.

I can say that I've been eating like a pig for the past few weeks, and only doing the 15-minute Bodyflex workout, and I haven't gotten any bigger from my eating. I hope that now that the holidays are over, I may see some results with Ocycise.

I like that Ocycise has a lot of different body positions and levels. The workouts actually go up to Level 5. The package I bought has levels 1 and 2. I'll post again after a few weeks with my results with Ocycise. I'm also thinking of adding in some Ravi Ana Kundalini Yoga and Classical Stretch.

I hope this helps.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 08:46 AM  
Diana3271

marya Thank you for the info about the KY workouts you have been using. I have found some good sections on the FF yoga DVD that I have. I need to look at the others that I have to see the options on there. ETA: Is the Total Tune Up the same as Fat Free Yoga Lose Weight & Feel Great? This is the one I have and there's a lot of breath work on it.

Sue Thank you for the info. Please update as you go along. I'm thinking Oxycise would be a better fit for me than Body Flex. I found a couple sections on my Fat Free Yoga that will work for me. In fact one of them I can do at work. That's what I'm looking for, something I can do at work. I don't want to have to get on the floor. Did you order from the Oxycise site? Is the tutorial with the mom, Jill Johnson and the workout with the Daughter, Aubrey Lee? Is this the set you bought? http://www.oxycise.com/store/index.p...products_id=28

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 09:43 AM  
cristinalatina

Just wanted to mention that I stopped going Body Flex and although I weigh the same my scales says that I've gained back the 3% fat I had originally lost with it!!!
Old 01-05-15, 10:22 AM  
SueT

Diana, yes, that's the set I bought.

Fat Free Yoga, Lose Weight and Feel Great by Ravi Ana is one of my favorite DVDs of theirs. Total Tune-Up is an older workout. Here's the link on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Total-Tun...+Total+Tune-Up

I just ordered this last night after Marya said how it has a lot of breath work. I really love Breath of Fire!

I got into Ravi Ana's workouts after asking about workouts on VF to help my daughter's back condition, which she injured in a fall when she was 15. First she tried Classical Stretch, which didn't help her, and then Ravi Ana's workouts were suggested, and she's been doing their workouts ever since. She's 28 now, and when she's consistent with her Ravi Ana workouts, her back pain is non-existent. Their workouts also got her into great shape!

I think you'll be able to do Oxycise at work, especially the standing and seated poses.

I'll let you know how I progress!

Sue
Old 01-05-15, 12:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

One of my yoga teachers is at such a level I call her "Guru" (she has trained with Patthabi Jois, Paul Grilley, Beryl Bender Birch among others). She swears that Bhastrika Pranayam is a great weight loss tool. When she leads it in class, we typically add the arms pulling down sharply into fists with the elbows hitting the sides of the body on the exhale, similar to the Kundalini kriya on several RaviAna DVDs.

I asked her to come and be a guest speaker at WW and she had the whole room do Bhastrika and a short meditation - everyone loved it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 02:48 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Diana, yes, that's the set I bought.

Fat Free Yoga, Lose Weight and Feel Great by Ravi Ana is one of my favorite DVDs of theirs. Total Tune-Up is an older workout. I just ordered this last night after Marya said how it has a lot of breath work. I really love Breath of Fire!

I got into Ravi Ana's workouts after asking about workouts on VF to help my daughter's back condition, which she injured in a fall when she was 15. First she tried Classical Stretch, which didn't help her, and then Ravi Ana's workouts were suggested, and she's been doing their workouts ever since. She's 28 now, and when she's consistent with her Ravi Ana workouts, her back pain is non-existent. Their workouts also got her into great shape!

Sue
Sue, what a wonderful testimonial about your daughter! And since she's still so young, she just might have undone the harm from her injury. I had severe back pain in my late 20s-early 30s, so I began doing hatha yoga. It solved the problem then, and 30 years later I remain pain-free. Hope you like Total Tune-up! I plan to do it today, as soon as my breakfast digests. Love the flow of this one and the way the pranayam portions sync with the other exercises.

Pat, Gurutej does that pranayam too--I think on her Immune System DVD.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 08:27 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
One of my yoga teachers is at such a level I call her "Guru" (she has trained with Patthabi Jois, Paul Grilley, Beryl Bender Birch among others). She swears that Bhastrika Pranayam is a great weight loss tool. When she leads it in class, we typically add the arms pulling down sharply into fists with the elbows hitting the sides of the body on the exhale, similar to the Kundalini kriya on several RaviAna DVDs.

I asked her to come and be a guest speaker at WW and she had the whole room do Bhastrika and a short meditation - everyone loved it.
I saw this on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pranayama-Self.../dp/1883725151

It has a section on Bhastrika (Bellows Breath). The DVD seems to be all breathing exercises.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-17-15, 11:54 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Diana, I have the Ocycise Level 1 workout, the standard series, and there is a standing section, a sitting section, and then a section on the floor. There's also an "Easy Does It" version that you can buy, but I'm not sure if that version has any floor sections. You could email their customer service and ask about that. I had a few questions, and they got back to me within 24 hours.

I've just started Ocycise, after doing Bodyflex for a few weeks, thanks to this thread. I think the breathing in Ocycise is really better, since you're not holding your breath, but today will only be my second time doing the Level One workout, so I don't know about results.

I can say that I've been eating like a pig for the past few weeks, and only doing the 15-minute Bodyflex workout, and I haven't gotten any bigger from my eating. I hope that now that the holidays are over, I may see some results with Ocycise.

I like that Ocycise has a lot of different body positions and levels. The workouts actually go up to Level 5. The package I bought has levels 1 and 2. I'll post again after a few weeks with my results with Ocycise. I'm also thinking of adding in some Ravi Ana Kundalini Yoga and Classical Stretch.

I hope this helps.

Sue
Sue Are you still doing/liking Oxycise? Did you get the package with the commuter CD?

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-17-15, 01:59 PM  
SueT

Diana, I did the Ocycise Level 1 and 2 workout for a week, and I enjoyed the workouts, but for some reason they bothered my knees! There was really no reason for this, because these workouts have absolutely no impact. I think it may have been because you hold the poses as an isometric hold. Ever since I've had my knee injury and surgery on my right knee, my left knee has been very sensitive. The only workouts that really make both of my knees feel really good are Classical Stretch and Essentrics. I'm also okay with my exercise bike and I've just reintroduced my Bellicon in short amounts, which I'll slowly increase.

I also bought a very interesting book called "Jumpstart Your Metabolism" by Pam Grout that I got on Amazon for less than $10. It's all about different breathing exercises, and I've been incorporating some of those in my day, too.

I've also gone back to Bodyflex in the morning for 15 minutes, which my knees seem to like much better.

I'm sure someone without prior knee issues would have no problems with Oxycise. It's just that my knees are ultra sensitive, even 5 months after surgery.

I have the package with Oxycise Levels 1 and 2, the book, the Introductory workout, and the Commuter CD. I haven't even listened to the Commuter CD because I work at home as a proofreader, so I really don't drive much.

I hope this helps!

Sue
Old 01-17-15, 02:06 PM  
Diana3271

Sue Thank you for the update. Maybe the commuter workout would be perfect for you. Based on what I read, it seems like it's something you can do in a car/bus while traveling, no getting on your knees.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana

Tags
body flex, bodyflex, bodyflex extreme, bodyflex results, diverticulitis, oxycise, retina