Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-22, 10:41 AM  
ChelePA

Tell me more about Team Body Project

A little background for those who don’t know me. I basically used Cathe and cycling classes at the Y as my main form of exercise for the past 15 years. I was in a horrible car accident in May, 2021. Without going into all the details, basically recovery will be 1 to 2 years. I’ve been using my bike which has been such a relief to get back into the groove. My husband bought me a treadmill for Christmas. Currently walking between 1.5-2.0. I’ve been incorporating some light weights for upper body and core exercises into my daily routine. My range of motion and strength etc. are severely limited. Plus still dealing with pain, numbness and swelling issues. I had a shattered right leg that required four surgeries. Fracture of the C7. Severe concussion. And an injury to my left shoulder/ upper arm area. I’m taking it day by day. I tried the team body project low impact that was mentioned on another thread. This seems right up my alley. Slower movements plus true low impact. It will help with my balance as well as range of motion besides increasing my cardio capacity. Do they offer several routines free on YouTube? Or do you have to have a membership? It looks like they have several main instructors. Would love a review of these workouts?
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 11:09 AM  
sherry7899

I will do a longer post later, but they have over fifty free workouts on their you tube channel.

I am so very sorry for all you are going through. I admire your determination to keep moving.

Daniel is so encouraging and motivating. Alex is as well, but I have a soft spot for Daniel.

Hugs,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 05:54 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I will do a longer post later, but they have over fifty free workouts on their you tube channel.

I am so very sorry for all you are going through. I admire your determination to keep moving.

Daniel is so encouraging and motivating. Alex is as well, but I have a soft spot for Daniel.

Hugs,
Sherry
Thanks so much for the information. I’ll check out a few more of the free ones and see what I think.
Old 01-09-22, 06:08 AM  
sherry7899

I will write more when I am more awake.

eta:

I just signed up for a one year membership the of last year. I started out at some point doing a one month membership to try it out, and then did quarterly memberships twice. They are increasing their prices (though they have not shared the amount) at the end of this month, so if you want to try the membership, it may be a good time. They said if you have a yearly membership now, then they will lock you in at that price. That is one of the reasons I signed up for the year before the price increase. They do offer a free membership on their website that offers some more workouts that are not on you tube.

I use their channel on my Roku to stream. It works very well.

They have over 500 workouts on their paid site. They have senior workouts and seated workouts, mobility, strength, cardio, stretching, pilates, a few yoga, strength and a ton of circuit workouts. I love the variety. I am not into pilates, so I cannot say how "pure" the pilates workouts are if pilates is your thing.
Daniel and Alex are so encouraging. They never do body appearance talk. I appreciate that so much! They have silly banter in their workouts. It is not scripted at all. That is one of my favorite things about them. Daniel will spontaneously sing a line or two from a song. It cracks me up. If you are into very formal workouts with serious instructors, then they are not for you. Alex is definitely more serious than Daniel, but that is a low bar to be above!

Their background exercisers are "regular" people which I appreciate. They stop for water, modify, take short breaks just like the rest of. The woman named Kristen is a particular favorite of mine. She is always smiling-not a fake "I'm on camera" smile, but her natural lovely smile. They have a woman named Natarsha who does higher impact and adds weights, but I'm not advanced enough to follow her. The earlier workouts have different background exercisers. I have liked them all.

Also, if you are someone who needs rotations (I can never stick to them) they offer a large variety of them, from beginner to advanced. I'd have to count, but I think there are over twenty planned rotations on there at least.

Also on their site they have free books on emotional eating and weight loss, and workout sheets you can download. If you are a paid member, they have a message board, but they have Facebook pages as well. The people on Facebook are very nice and supportive.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Sherry

ETA: The main instructors are Daniel and Alex. They are a married couple who are from England but now they live in Australia.

Old 01-09-22, 10:29 AM  
cyana

Chele - sending you a big hug and best wishes for a full recovery.

Sherry introduced me to TBP, and I've enjoyed their free YT offerings. Since she's the resident expert, I just wanted to (humbly) add that I agree with her assessments. It's obvious that Daniel and Alex (as well as their background exercisers) are having fun without being over the top or fake. In one of the YT videos, Alex is on the floor doing core work while Daniel shows standing versions and he jokes about not getting down on the floor and Alex retorts "You make it sound like I'm down in the sewer!" (not the exact quote, but you get the idea).

Here's one of my favorite short YT TBP videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNAOIXhNRJs . This is one of my most-used work-outs for those days when I want to do something but don't have a ton of time.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 02:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, coincidentally, I did that new TBP youtube workout this morning and not only did I enjoy it (even with repeats), when I was done I felt the least amount of pain I've felt in at least a couple of weeks. Something about those movements were the right thing for me, I guess. Then I came here and saw this thread and promptly went to sign up for the free account. I looked at the chart where they show what you get for free vs. premium, and though I don't really feel like I "need" any of that premium stuff (though their sculptor workouts might be good for me), I think I'll join to support them. So maybe I'll see you there! And you, too, Sherry.
Old 01-09-22, 02:22 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post

Sherry introduced me to TBP, and I've enjoyed their free YT offerings. Since she's the resident expert, I just wanted to (humbly) add that I agree with her assessments. It's obvious that Daniel and Alex (as well as their background exercisers) are having fun without being over the top or fake. In one of the YT videos, Alex is on the floor doing core work while Daniel shows standing versions and he jokes about not getting down on the floor and Alex retorts "You make it sound like I'm down in the sewer!" (not the exact quote, but you get the idea).

Here's one of my favorite short YT TBP videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNAOIXhNRJs . This is one of my most-used work-outs for those days when I want to do something but don't have a ton of time.

Cyana, I don't feel like an expert, but thank you !

I LOVE the you tube workout you linked. That is one of my all time favorites from them.

Old 01-09-22, 02:23 PM  
sherry7899

bee, that's great! I hope you enjoy the workouts.

Old 01-09-22, 09:22 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Chele, coincidentally, I did that new TBP youtube workout this morning and not only did I enjoy it (even with repeats), when I was done I felt the least amount of pain I've felt in at least a couple of weeks. Something about those movements were the right thing for me, I guess. Then I came here and saw this thread and promptly went to sign up for the free account. I looked at the chart where they show what you get for free vs. premium, and though I don't really feel like I "need" any of that premium stuff (though their sculptor workouts might be good for me), I think I'll join to support them. So maybe I'll see you there! And you, too, Sherry.
Yay!!! I am considering the membership. I need to check out the cost. It's hard for me to find cardio that I can do at my level. I was so excited that this workout met my needs. So I am sure there are many more. My Peloton App offers cardio but even the beginner classes are high impact, which I can't do and may never do again. And of course, Cathe is out of my league in this area.

Thanks all for the information!!! That's why I love these boards. Would never have found these workouts on my own.
Old 01-09-22, 09:27 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post

This one looks good. I may have to slow down some of the moves but defnitely doable. Thank you!!!

Tags
body project, low impact, team body project, teambodyproject