Firm Parts 5 Day Abs
Tough Tape 2
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 01:55 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicavi View Post

Oh, and the custom-scored music swelled and waned like the crescendo of an herbal Essence commercial evoking the most organic experience.
Aw man, I'd forgotten how great it was when the music did that. Right at the end of them is one of the greatest bits ever - I always feel so grand an amazing as I'm finishing that stretch.

I need to get my old faves on DVD I think....

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 03:25 PM  
Sandrine

So, LoveVa, what did you decide to do?
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 08:20 PM  
CatInTheHat

Well good lord, I did Super Sculpting today. Holy hell. I had done it once and didn't like it, and I read all the VF reviews on it and people were raving about it so I did it today. AMAZING!
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 08:35 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
So, LoveVa, what did you decide to do?
I ordered the ones I had mentioned earlier: Volume 1, Volume 2, Tough Tape 1, and Super Cardio. I can't wait to try them!

I previewed Vol 1 and it looks great. I can see the potential to make it an advanced workout with the weights I choose.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 01:07 PM  
LoveVA

Of course I just realized that, in my Tracie Long thread, I said that I didn't have a high step and that I didn't want to buy one. So why did I buy Tough Tape?
Old 05-14-14, 01:52 PM  
LoveVA

So I did Volume 1 this morning.

I really enjoyed this and can understand why the reviews are so positive. I went lighter on the weights than normal, which is what I always do in my initial run through a new workout. It really wasn't that challenging, but I could tell that once I go a little heavier, it will be high int/low adv, which is good.

Here's what I didn't like: the warm-up. The warm-up was insufficient in my opinion. I don't like "cold" stretching and the rest of it just didn't work for me (esp. my knees), so I might have to tack on one of my Cathe warm-ups and then go straight into the rest of the workout.

Here's what I did like: Once I use my normal weights, the standing portion will really be challenging. And I loooovvvveeed that floorwork. I used my ankle weights and a 5 lb dumbbell and could not do all of the reps. As a result, there is already room to grow in this workout.

ETA: I just ordered Vol 4. Still need some enabling for Vol 3. The reviews on that one are mixed. Help!
Old 05-14-14, 02:03 PM  
Jeanne Marie

"Back in the day", I used 5 lb ankle weights on each ankle and a 10-12 lb dumbbell on all that floorwork. I didn't run as often as I do now, so it wasn't that difficult. I now run 4-5 miles a day in addition to my workout, so I don't have the stamina to do that anymore. Also, I finally decided it wasn't doing me that much more good. Now I use 2.5 lbs on each ankle and the 10 lb dumbbell. Gives me the same results and a lot less pain!

You'll grow with it and soon be able to go heavier. I go a lot heavier than Susan in this one, but that's after years and years of doing it. The body really does adapt. That and the fact that I do a lot more Cathe workouts now and my strength has improved over the years.
Old 05-14-14, 02:14 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

"Back in the day" I loved Firm Volume 6. Loved it . Low impact, great workout.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 05:23 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
"Back in the day" I loved Firm Volume 6. Loved it . Low impact, great workout.

Jackie
This was my personal favorite too! This one used a barbell if I recall.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firms, firm classics, the firm