Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-13, 09:36 AM  
bex

OMG!!

I have been looking for a follow-along slide workout for ages! I will probably get them all - just in time to get my legs into shape for Xmas skiing.

bee1forfitness - thank you so much for posting this !!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 11:43 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Bee, you're killing me! A smoker, fun and an effective cardio... Plus 0 impact!! You were lucky to find one and new!! That's awesome!

I was just checking a couple of youtube videos and I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2TWGuSF5HE It is a system with a slide board, 2 booties, 2 mitts and 3 dvds
You're killing me I bookmark that website..I might just get another, the system looks good and they also sell slide DVD, but more expense than my original post. The two trainer are Les Mills instructors to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
OMG!!

I have been looking for a follow-along slide workout for ages! I will probably get them all - just in time to get my legs into shape for Xmas skiing.

bee1forfitness - thank you so much for posting this !!
You're welcome. I was thinking the same I might get all of them. I've been using a written workout I found on shape mag site and also Tabata with slide/Kettlebell swings as cross training add-on. Great Cardio/Toning workout...now I'm looking at above system for Xmas LOL

Last edited by bee1forfitness; 11-27-13 at 11:54 AM. Reason: to add this link to the workout I've been using https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_y_y_GQkMsaZjIzY2RiYTUtYTU2ZC00YThiLTkyMjYt
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 12:37 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Bee, you're killing me! A smoker, fun and an effective cardio... Plus 0 impact!! You were lucky to find one and new!! That's awesome!

I was just checking a couple of youtube videos and I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2TWGuSF5HE It is a system with a slide board, 2 booties, 2 mitts and 3 dvds
But she is right. The only time I had those thigh and toned inner thighs was when I was using Reebok slide board. It was incredible for my lower body, so much so that I am currently seeking another one. It is good for cardio and left me sweating but man, I could crush a walnut with my thighs!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 01:46 PM  
momof10

Quote:

It's $119.85 plus $19.95 for shipping and handling. The $14.95 is just what you pay up front with the $19.95 for shipping, then you have 3 "easy" payments of $39.95. It's still a good deal.

Cheryl
Old 11-27-13, 01:56 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

FYI, when you get to check out with the Obsidian package, they also offer you another 7 DVDs for $59.95.
Old 11-27-13, 02:32 PM  
PhyllisG

Thanks Stephanie. I was wondering about that. Three DVDs would get old fast.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 02:34 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Yeah, 7 more makes the equipment purchase more justifiable
Old 11-27-13, 04:41 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thumbs down

Oh well, all this thing was sounding too great until... I realized shipping to Canada has a $100 surcharge

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 05:26 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo80 View Post
The guy in the video I posted made a homemade slideboard from a board that cost $7.
I'll have to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
You're killing me I bookmark that website..I might just get another, the system looks good and they also sell slide DVD, but more expense than my original post. The two trainer are Les Mills instructors to
Yes, it does look good, I also read about the instructors, I was wondering how long are the workouts, but I couldn't find it in their website, and there is no contact e-mail, just a calling number

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
FYI, when you get to check out with the Obsidian package, they also offer you another 7 DVDs for $59.95.
7 dvds for 59.95 sounds like a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Yeah, 7 more makes the equipment purchase more justifiable

The only thing killing me badly is the shipping surcharge

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 06:28 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Awww, I can't believe the shipping is that much extra!

Tags
buyobsidian, gliding, obsidian, obsidian fitness, slide boards, sliding, tryobsidian, ultraslide, ultraslide downloads