Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-13, 01:06 PM  
Kathleen86

Does JNL do a lot of 'woo hoo'ing? on the DVDs? Sometimes this bothers me , I noticed she does it A LOT on this YouTube workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxf_Bol1k74. Also, are the workouts really all 30 mins or are some slightly longer? I'm going to be short on time soon, so thinking I could really benefit from this set.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 01:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen86 View Post
Does JNL do a lot of 'woo hoo'ing? on the DVDs? Sometimes this bothers me , I noticed she does it A LOT on this YouTube workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxf_Bol1k74. Also, are the workouts really all 30 mins or are some slightly longer? I'm going to be short on time soon, so thinking I could really benefit from this set.
I cannot remember hearing a "woo hoo" but she does have a lot of sort of silly phrases she repeats often. There is definitely one -- Ballistic Backside -- that clocks in at more like 40 minutes, but I think all of the others are either 30 minutes or slightly less. It's fantastic!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 01:38 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Also, are the workouts really all 30 mins or are some slightly longer? I'm going to be short on time soon, so thinking I could really benefit from this set.
From what I've read, there are no warm ups or cool downs, so if you need them, tack on another five minutes or so for each.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 01:42 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
From what I've read, there are no warm ups or cool downs, so if you need them, tack on another five minutes or so for each.
Oh, yes -- good point! But, it still is a faster option than most workouts that are as effective as this. I have made up my own warm-up routine and then I do whatever stretches I feel I need after the workout.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 01:48 PM  
Kathleen86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I cannot remember hearing a "woo hoo" but she does have a lot of sort of silly phrases she repeats often. There is definitely one -- Ballistic Backside -- that clocks in at more like 40 minutes, but I think all of the others are either 30 minutes or slightly less. It's fantastic!
Thanks! I can tolerate phrases and banter a lot more than constant "wooooo!"-ing. lol. I'm glad the majority of them are right there at 30 mins.

Quote:
Good to know..thanks!
Old 07-05-13, 04:37 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
The "music louder" option is great!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 04:45 PM  
andtckrtoo

Yeah, she Whoo Hoos a lot. I absolutely agree with Lisa - the Music Louder is my life line. I these workouts! (Lost 7 pounds so far in only 2 weeks!). They are just what I need, but she can get on my nerves. (I think the way she says two on her count downs is the biggest irritant to me.)
Old 07-06-13, 02:14 AM  
Kathleen86

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Yeah, she Whoo Hoos a lot. I absolutely agree with Lisa - the Music Louder is my life line. I these workouts! (Lost 7 pounds so far in only 2 weeks!). They are just what I need, but she can get on my nerves. (I think the way she says two on her count downs is the biggest irritant to me.)
Wow, great results! These are next up on my wish list, probably a purchase for August...I'll remember the music louder option.
Old 08-15-13, 02:19 PM  
CharM

Thoughts during/ hours after just three workouts:

Shoulder Shredder (during): my god, she's annoying. shut up already, quit saying stupid things like "drop it like it's hot", "face down, assets up", and "kick your trash". Please say two like a normal person.
(after): My triceps are sore! And why the heck is my back sore?! Hmm, not really feeling the shoulders.

Bicep Builder (during): Yay, bicep curls! Hammer curls! Aww, she's not so bad after all. She's not annoying me like she did in the other workout. We're gonna do pushups?! I thought this was a biceps workout. Argh, lots of pushups. I don't wanna drop to my knees, I'll just slow down. I wonder if anyone else is on their knees? (peeks at screen) I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling it.
(after): Oh my abs. I can't move! I didn't even work my abs. It was those damn pushups and gliders. Maybe I should go heavier on biceps, I don't feel sore.

Lower Body: (during) good god these half burpees are tough! Why can't we just do the full burpee? *gasp* Need break. Are these intermediate workouts? No way, I think they're advanced. They should be. Need air.

(after): I don't even wanna know.

I know I've only done three workouts, but I can't see how people can not get results (visible or otherwise) doing these consistently. I also do the low impact version of the cardio exercises, but if the modifier is going too slow I speed it up, keeping it low impact, although a few times I've done high impact because I like the exercise (scissors, squat jumps).
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-13, 02:36 PM  
Eilene

Quote:
Thoughts during/ hours after just three workouts:

Shoulder Shredder (during): my god, she's annoying. shut up already, quit saying stupid things like "drop it like it's hot", "face down, assets up", and "kick your trash". Please say two like a normal person.
(after): My triceps are sore! And why the heck is my back sore?! Hmm, not really feeling the shoulders.

Bicep Builder (during): Yay, bicep curls! Hammer curls! Aww, she's not so bad after all. She's not annoying me like she did in the other workout. We're gonna do pushups?! I thought this was a biceps workout. Argh, lots of pushups. I don't wanna drop to my knees, I'll just slow down. I wonder if anyone else is on their knees? (peeks at screen) I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling it.
(after): Oh my abs. I can't move! I didn't even work my abs. It was those damn pushups and gliders. Maybe I should go heavier on biceps, I don't feel sore.

Lower Body: (during) good god these half burpees are tough! Why can't we just do the full burpee? *gasp* Need break. Are these intermediate workouts? No way, I think they're advanced. They should be. Need air.

(after): I don't even wanna know.

I know I've only done three workouts, but I can't see how people can not get results (visible or otherwise) doing these consistently. I also do the low impact version of the cardio exercises, but if the modifier is going too slow I speed it up, keeping it low impact, although a few times I've done high impact because I like the exercise (scissors, squat jumps).
I love this post!
Eilene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cordless jump rope, jennifer nicole lee, jnl fusion, jump roping