Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-12, 09:33 AM  
Terry

Miracle for My Feet: Reebok Zigtechs

I stopped running in Nov. 2009 due to foot damage. I assume the primary cause was many years of running on concrete. The outside edge of my left foot has burned much of the hours in many of the days since then, I've had the feeling of a hot poker through the bottom of my foot between my big and next toe then down a bit, and both feet have been generally achy and had all-over minor burn (minor compared to the outside edge of my left foot).

About a month ago my car mechanic mentioned Reebok Zigtechs to me. He said that he can now stand on concrete all day without serious foot pain. I tried on a pair the next day and actually got instant relief from a burn that was going on at the time. I have returned to running with my Zigtechs, and so far so good. I'm guessing I have 70-80% improvement in my feet.

I also wear my Zigtechs all weekend long and it helps a lot. I don't like how they look, but they are so good for my feet that I just don't care.

I've since met two nurses in Zigtechs. They both said that the shoes have saved them.

I obviously don't know if Zigtechs are right for everybody or for every foot problem, but here are four examples for you in case you are interested.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 01:16 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info - I'm going to check them out! I'm always looking for a really comfortable pair of shoes.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 09:04 PM  
lovely4deb
VF Supporter

Love my zigs! So comfortable for Turbo!
Old 07-20-12, 09:51 AM  
muddjeansgal

I was curious if they would be good for most cardio and not just running? Kickboxing? Floor cardio?
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 11:28 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Are there specific shoes called Reebok Zigtech? I kept finding Zig(something or other) but not Zigtech. Thanks!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 04:16 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Are there specific shoes called Reebok Zigtech? I kept finding Zig(something or other) but not Zigtech. Thanks!
I found them at Amazon. They are....interesting.
Old 07-20-12, 07:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

"zig" seems to mean the zigzag soles, and then there are different models with different names. I'm not sure how to decipher them. I have some zig nanos that I've had for a while -- not sure if they are even available anymore. I do find them comfy, but I'm not sure they are anymore so than any other sneakers/athletic shoes I have.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 07:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Wanted to add that little rocks get caught in the zig zags -- nor horrible, but a minor annoyance.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 10:14 AM  
MamaBecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Wanted to add that little rocks get caught in the zig zags -- nor horrible, but a minor annoyance.
Yes -- I check mine after every run because I did a run then did a TF HIIT not realizing I had a rock stuck in the zig, and it scratched up my wood floor something awful. Floor was due to be refinished anyway, so no big deal, but I check it now. Other than that -- LOVE LOVE LOVE my Zigs.

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 06:37 PM  
Edie

I found ZigLite Run. Is that different from Zigtech. It does say it uses Zigtech technology.
Edie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reebok, reebok zigs, reebok zigtechs, shoes