Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-11, 02:32 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

Volume 1 is my favorite and I still use that one pretty regular. Volume 2 comes in a close second.

But I have all the classics, (except for #5) and use them every couple of months with Firm Strength, Firm Cardio, Tortoise, and Hare.
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 02:35 PM  
Buzzer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoU3fvyC6xA
the Jayne Poteet one, and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxwpGBLO9Ik
better body and buns.

I own both of these, but got them off youtube so I could do them off iTunes. I hate posting links to full workouts, but as long as you try them and if you like them, buy them, I feel a bit better about it... plus it's freaking cool they are there...

ETA: my favorites are Vol 1 & Vol 2. Vol 1 was the first workout video I EVER did, over and over and over... I can recite it even!! Vol 2 I love and fell in love with Janet. She's perfect
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 02:52 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

It is VERY hard to choose

But from the Volumes, I think 1 is the best (most comprehensive, KILLER floor work), 3 and 4 are great, and 6 has some great cardio and strength with NO LUNGES and is a little easier.

Out of the other BBH-era Firms, I like Firm Cardio the best, along with Better Body and Buns for strength.

My favorite cardio ones are Fat Blaster and Maximum Cardio (both fun, fun, fun).

ETA: How could I forget to mention Maximum Body Shaping/Sculpting with Tracie Long, a strength classic.
Old 11-20-11, 02:52 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

We're supposed to have only 1 favorite??
Vols 1-4, Firm Strength, Firm Cardio, and Total Body Shaping Mix. I wouldn't part with any of them. I'm working on adding Vol 6 to the list; I like it but not quite as much for some reason. I disliked the chair warmup but I'm sure it's more than that.

Firm 5 I only know from Parts. Something about LaReine bugged me a little (maybe it was her name, lol). Plus it emphasizes the lower body and I prefer total body workouts.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 07:13 PM  
mtngoat

Including the parts, the workouts I did most often (the true test of which I liked, right?): Vol 2 (me too, Melzie!), Vol 1, Tough Tape, Standing Legs, and FIRM Strength (aka Strongbody). (I liked vol 3 a lot too, but the best parts were contained in Standing Legs).

I loved, and did, all of the classic Firms a lot, though.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 07:22 PM  
kaylasmom321

Volume 3
kaylasmom321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 07:58 PM  
anne

Volume 2 is my favorite total body classic with volumes 3 and 4 tied for a close second. Tough Aerobic Mix is my all time favorite--of the original classics this is the one I did the most. I wish it would be put on dvd.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 08:18 PM  
nubiennelady

Volumes 4 and 6
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 08:26 PM  
EnglishIvy

Volume 3 Though I like volumes 1 & 2 and Better Body & Buns as well. I did a rotation last year (including Super Sculpting, Bust & Butt, Tortoise, Hare etc) and it was very enjoyable. I was a little bored with volumes 4 - 6 but they were doable. All for the best as I have to be careful with too much high step or I get the the dreaded shelf butt
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 09:51 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Volume 6 is my alltime favorite, followed by Volumes 2, 1, 5 and then 4. The only Classic I dislike is 3 - combination of instructor with whom I don't click and (IMHO) dreadful music.

Tags
firm classics, firm favorites, fitness favorites