Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-11, 07:59 AM  
kariev34

bob harper dvd question

I have all the inside out dvds (strength, cardio, and yoga) as well as rev cardio and I just ordered his new core workout. Any suggestions on how to rotate these throughout the week? Since all his workouts include weights, I'm unsure how to set them up for the week. Is it ok to do them back to back?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 08:02 AM  
Missiscipi

I would say yes since he uses light weights You should check out Ultimate Cardio Body, that one is killer
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 08:24 AM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
I would say yes since he uses light weights You should check out Ultimate Cardio Body, that one is killer
I have that one too. Forgot to mention it. I love it.

On a side note, has anyone gotten his new beginner workout? Is it challenging?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 08:51 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I have that one too. Forgot to mention it. I love it.

On a side note, has anyone gotten his new beginner workout? Is it challenging?
I would say his beginner workout is challenging it is definitely not a beginner workout. I do it and love it. It is high intermediate. He does lots of harder plank work. If someone that is a beginner were to do this one, I think it would discourage them from working out. That DVD is 45 minutes with a 10 minute Ab bonus workout. He does swimming moves with weights, such as one arm over the other, butterflies and he does kayaking. I am a big Bob Harper fan.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 10:58 AM  
edensmom

Where can you buy the two newest ones right now?
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 11:32 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Where can you buy the two newest ones right now?
Mary has them in stock.
Old 07-27-11, 01:04 PM  
roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I would say his beginner workout is challenging it is definitely not a beginner workout. I do it and love it. It is high intermediate. He does lots of harder plank work. If someone that is a beginner were to do this one, I think it would discourage them from working out. That DVD is 45 minutes with a 10 minute Ab bonus workout. He does swimming moves with weights, such as one arm over the other, butterflies and he does kayaking. I am a big Bob Harper fan.

Cheryl
Oh yeah! I was hoping that this would be the case. It would be nice to have a Bob workout that is easier than his previous releases and a bit shorter too, but not truly beginner (although it is too bad that beginner is in the title because it might turn off some beginners that try it)
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:14 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roz View Post
Oh yeah! I was hoping that this would be the case. It would be nice to have a Bob workout that is easier than his previous releases and a bit shorter too, but not truly beginner (although it is too bad that beginner is in the title because it might turn off some beginners that try it)
Exactly!! My daughter, who is 21, recently lost about 70 pounds. I walk with her several times a week and she comes over to work out several times a week, too. I did this one with her and knew right away, it was going to be a little hard for her. Actually, a friend of mine gave it to me, because she said it was too hard for her and she's been working out for years. It is somehwhat shoulder intense with the planks and push ups. He does the planks from push up position to elbows, back to push up position to elbows. That is very hard for beginners.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:25 PM  
alisoncooks

Hmm. I've had my eye on that beginner one since clips came out. I really want it, but it might be too tough...

Cheryl~ How's it compare to something like Jari's S&L or GR&C? I've been back on a Jari kick, but looking for a shorter total-body weight workout to add to the rotation....
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:48 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Mary has them in stock.
Thank you! I just ordered them from Mary and using the coupon code (10off), I was able to get both of them (Beginner and Core) for $23.31 with free shipping. Yay!

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bob harper, inside out method, rotations