Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-12, 07:44 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfreund View Post
Pulling this thread back up to say that I met Forbes Riley today at the IDEA Conference here in San Diego and she is still trying to sell the silly spin gym - and seems to still be unsuccessful....

...She didn't have a booth, she was just walking around trying to hawk it to who ever would listen to her.
How bizarre! That's funny and kinda sad at the same time.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 01:51 AM  
CarlaShanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Mostly just sad. Bless her cotton socks.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 03:31 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Amazing what people come up with! But IMO nothing beats the Shake Weight, lol!
Yeah...the Shake Weight "rocks" ( do have one but always play with it when I see it)
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 05:38 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
Too funny.

What was the name of the thing you put on one leg and spun and tried to hop with the other? That one should make a come back, too...

You really could put together a fun class with all sorts of old toys!
Years late to the party on this one, but I think you are talking about the Jingle Jump

I definitely remember the ad--it was from the 1960s ('bunny hop with the Jingle Jump!"). It wasn't on YouTube or I would post the clip.

In the 1970s, there was a similar toy called Lemon Twist.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 08:17 AM  
CarlaShanti

Oh I wanted a lemon twist so bad when I was a kid, but my mom wouldn't get me one! She got me a baton and a hoola hoop (though to my shame it didn't have beads in it), but she wouldn't get me the lemon twist.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 08:27 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
ITA! Isn't she a member of that National Fitness Hall of Fame? I guess it just goes to show what a dog-eat-dog business fitness is.

It's so funny, I was just thinking of this thread yesterday when I saw an updated Footsie/Lemon Twist at Target. Instead of a lemon on the end, it had a futuristic=looking thing with blades that was supposed to spin while you jumped.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 09:02 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Sue - you have an amazing memory!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 09:15 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

What a stupid gadget! Oh goodness! It reminds me of a toy I had as a child. I see this thing has thousands of reviews!! How gulliable some are!! What in the world is wrong with picking up dumbells? Or as someone said putting two big rubber bands together. I remember when I first worked out as a teen those big rubber bands together was all the rage. She is usually a mouth piece for selling infomercial products such as the Jack LaLane juicer and other products. I thought she was good at that. She might want to leave the exercise stuff to others. This is silly. I actually watched the video and wanted to laugh. This is sad. lol.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 09:57 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Sue - you have an amazing memory!
Thanks! I can remember years-old threads I started, but can't remember where I put my phone half the time

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 11:27 AM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

It turns out the spin gym has a good purpose after all. I told DH about it, and he knew exactly what I was talking about because he had used it extensively for hand therapy following a bad break of his wrist! His therapist had him doing all sorts of ROM exercises with it, and passing it back and forth between his fingers, etc.

His therapist strikes me as one of these people who is constantly on the lookout for how she can use items as therapy tools. She's pretty creative. I suspect Forbes Riley doesn't know it's being used for hand therapy.
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forbes riley, spin gym, spingym