Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-09, 12:13 PM  
cambet

The first time I went to Brazil I made a short side trip to the northeast and EVERYONE was doing axe (it is pronounced like ah-shay). I went to an outdoor street party and there were two or three people on stage leading and every song that they played had certain moves that went with it and everyone in the audience knew them so they followed along. It was so much fun, but also a little frustrating because I wanted to dance along but had a little trouble picking up all of the moves.

I guess it would kind of be like how most people here know the moves to the electric slide, so whenever you hear it you can jump right in and everyone is doing the same moves.

There was one song, I remember, "Boogie, Boogie, Bye Bye" that I was able to pick up the moves to pretty quickly, so for the rest of the trip whenever I heard it I would jump up with everyone else and do the movements.

I remember thinking every time I was around "ah-shay" dancing that if someone were to make an exercise DVD of it, it would be a great aerobic workout (it was like doing aerobics in the street or in a nightclub with a crowd of people).

I'm so tempted to get this program, but I haven't been working out regularly (I still haven't even made it through my first rotation of CLX, and I got that a year ago ) and I really don't want to get another program that I won't use anytime soon. I'm going to wait for reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
is this bad of me? one of the workouts is called cardio axe(ashay?) but when i read it, i still see axe as in the tool. makes this sound funny:

Feel like you’re dancing in the streets of Brazil with Leandro’s signature axe, a fat-burning , cardio-blasting, dance-based workout that delivers all-over slimming results fast.

eta: i'm still gonna get bbl though.
Old 12-10-09, 12:19 PM  
naturallove

We did axe in Brazilian dance class one week and it was a lot of fun. Like cambet says, these are really simple dances that everyone can pick up easily and jam to during parties, festivals or carnival. After awhile, they can get repetitive, so I don't know if I'd want to do a whole workout to these unless the instructor did several of these dances to change things up.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 12:29 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

If it was just butt exercises, I would have passed. Now, I'm waiting for reviews because I like how it includes dance moves too.
Old 12-10-09, 01:11 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
Darn.... I was doing so good, I was not going to get this. I just started CardioBarre and have P57 on the way...... and then I clicked on the link...

Love the music, I like the angle theory, the transformations are great. I think I NEED this...
pcramer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brazil butt lift