Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-09, 08:35 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
I suffered through the downloading of the Dance of the Dragon clip in dialup and lost interest quickly. I like it when Chiball feels aerobic and this one didn't at all. Don't know how they can call it *Dance* unless we are seeing just its warmup? Voiceovers do not bother me at all if the movements match.

My only complaint about Energize and Tone which I am assuming is my favorite from Karen's description is that it is dark in its outfit and set (if I remember correctly?). However I do like its Nia-like feel good movements and adding the chiball makes it alittle more different and fun for me, even though my chiball lost its scent rather quickly.

Barb S
I think the Dance of the Dragon clip was from the warm-up so it's hard to get a feel for the whole workout.

I quickly re-looked at the clips from the originals because I didn't remember Energize and Tone as being dark at all. It's actually the brightest of them all. Posture / Flexibility and Release / Relax are the two darkest ones but they aren't too dark.

My balls all lost their scents quickly too. I even bought the little spray-on scents that Ball Dynamics (where I bought all the VHS but which no longer sells any ChiBall) had super cheap but I never think about spraying them! I've given away two of my balls - I never did think the different colors had any real effect - but that's just me.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 09:16 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
I think the Dance of the Dragon clip was from the warm-up so it's hard to get a feel for the whole workout.

I quickly re-looked at the clips from the originals because I didn't remember Energize and Tone as being dark at all. It's actually the brightest of them all. Posture / Flexibility and Release / Relax are the two darkest ones but they aren't too dark.
Just did some Energize and Tone and the set was bright. Really a very nice workout for me! Cardio, toning and stretching all in one (I never clicked with yoga so this is a good alternative). Sort of a whole body dance, Tai Chi, and ballet fusion if that makes any sense

Will wait and see if we can get anymore info on Dance of the Dragon but I doubt it will be as good overall as Energize and Tone. At least its US release prodded me into visiting Energize & Tone which was very overdue.

Barb S
who tried to protect one of the balls keeping it in a plastic bag and deflated but can only smell the scent when held right in front of my nose
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 05:19 PM  
LAC

Do the scented chiballs have any weight to them? Could I use a 2 or 3 pound toning ball in place of a chiball?
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 07:41 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC
Do the scented chiballs have any weight to them? Could I use a 2 or 3 pound toning ball in place of a chiball?
They are weightless like a thick skinned balloon.

Barb S
Old 02-06-09, 11:42 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Barb - have you heard anything back from them about costs for the DVD's and shipping?

Old 02-07-09, 07:27 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
Barb - have you heard anything back from them about costs for the DVD's and shipping?
No I haven't
maybe they haven't figured it out yet LOL

Barb S
Old 02-07-09, 07:38 AM  
sundari

Can anyone please answer my questions?

Questions:

How long are these workouts each?
Are these DVD's region free since they are from Australia?
Old 02-07-09, 07:58 AM  
horsemom2

contacted them through the website this time

Since they didn't respond to a regular email I sent, I sent another from the website just now including the questions about duration and whether their dvds are region free.

Barb S
Old 02-07-09, 08:20 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
Since they didn't respond to a regular email I sent, I sent another from the website just now including the questions about duration and whether their dvds are region free.

Barb S
Thank you Barb. I hate that they don't have more info on their website.
Old 02-07-09, 01:14 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
How long are these workouts each?
Are these DVD's region free since they are from Australia?
If I remember correctly, these are all about an hour each (maybe only 50 minutes) but they are broken into sections (not sure if they've chaptered the DVD's but it would sure make sense to) so it's easy to do a short(er) practice with each one. For instance, on the Posture and Flexibility one, I love the first section and it's about 15 minutes. I think the second section is about 9 minutes so, when I have time, I can easily add it.

Good question about region free. I bought my VHS from a U.S. vendor so I'm not sure how the DVD's are set up. But since they specifically have a U.S. part of the site, I would assume they are playable in U.S. DVD players.

Tags
chi ball, chi ball method, chi gong, dance of the dragon, monica linford