Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-07, 01:40 PM  
MARIKA

Why do we come to dread workouts that actually work??

Mine now our my iballets. They have done to my lower half what nothing else could.The thought of putiing one in the cd player is just to out of the question. WHY?? They give me results, they are not to difficult, they get the job done. Why do we get this way? Boredom? I know i have read threads were people say when ever I did that tape or rotation I was in the best shape or never looked better. I don't know why I stopped using it.
Old 10-05-07, 02:26 PM  
BalleRina

Overuse? I'm always concerned about loving my workouts to death so I make sure to rotate them. I've taken breaks from iBallet for a month or two and when I return to them, I love them all over again!

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 02:32 PM  
ssgilby

I think it's what you said ... boredom. They work, so you keep doing them and doing them and doing them and then you wake up one day and can't bear the thought of doing them again. There are things similar to iBallet (although, IMO, nothing as good). Maybe do as BalleRina suggested. Don't look at them for a month or so and then go back to them. I burned out a little on iBallets myself. Haven't done one in a month or so. I'm sure I'll get antsy for one again soon.
Old 10-05-07, 02:37 PM  
shicks

I don't dread it yet but I have been doing squeeze for 10 weeks and I am afraid I will feel like that, I tried today to incorporate another dvd in so I would not get burned out but I pulled it out after 15 minutes and put in my same old same old squeeze.
sherry
shicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 02:48 PM  
bearcatfan

Do you have all the iballets? I find I can cycle through all of them in about six weeks doing a couple a week, and not get bored.

That being said, you don't want to overdo any one type of workout lest it start becoming less effective as you get used to it. Maybe work up some rotations where you use them for six weeks and then let them sit for a couple weeks.

Or, make them harder. Sometimes if I'm feeling really masochistic I will use a medicine ball in place of a playball for iballets or a weighted belt for standing work. That'll burn.
Old 10-05-07, 03:53 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Debbie Siebers has this effect on me.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 03:57 PM  
BalleRina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan
Do you have all the iballets? I find I can cycle through all of them in about six weeks doing a couple a week, and not get bored.
Good point, Rose! I do the same thing with my iballets. They all include similar movements and some repeat songs but there's enough variation to keep me guessing (assuming I didn't look at the PDF first). Same with Cardio Coach.

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-07, 04:02 PM  
sophiesmom

I know! How many times have I said the Cindy Crawfords got me in the best shape quickly and now that I need a "tune up" do I do them? No.....
sophiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote