Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-23, 08:55 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Curious what you’re doing?
Right now I'm doing workouts by Jasper MacDermot on YouTube, some Caroline Girvan, some fitness kk and some growinganannas. I also did Lift with Cee over the summer. Shorter workouts are less exhausting and easier to push myself. The mental simplicity of the workouts is very appealing. I don't think there is any magic. It's just that long grueling workouts don't feel good and a rotation that leaves room for what feels good/better/life brings some joy with it.

That said my body wanted some cardio this afternoon and it was easier to reach for a DVD so I did Step Boss IMAX 4 for a second workout of the day.
Old 02-26-23, 09:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Right now I'm doing workouts by Jasper MacDermot on YouTube, some Caroline Girvan, some fitness kk and some growinganannas. I also did Lift with Cee over the summer. Shorter workouts are less exhausting and easier to push myself. The mental simplicity of the workouts is very appealing. I don't think there is any magic. It's just that long grueling workouts don't feel good and a rotation that leaves room for what feels good/better/life brings some joy with it.

That said my body wanted some cardio this afternoon and it was easier to reach for a DVD so I did Step Boss IMAX 4 for a second workout of the day.
This reasoning is part of the reason I'm excited about the new series -- it *seems* like there are going to be options for doing shorter workouts. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking.... we'll see. At any rate, I will shorten them myself as needed. I really like the slower pace I'm seeing in the clips.
Old 03-13-23, 05:18 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Changed my mind. Watched the previews and talked myself into ordering.
Old 03-16-23, 08:53 AM  
Rhonda

I am still happy with my decision. The clips are not catching my eye. Guess I am just out of the Cathe phase. I have basically bought everything from her and not sure why as the last 2-3 sets are just sitting and haven't been used.

I think I need to try to sell them or something. Also, I am not into that high impact stuff anymore, which a lot of her was in the past.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 12:20 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Well... I caved and just ordered the supersets, active recovery and foam roller workouts.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 04:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

STS 2.0 looks appealing, but i have lots of Cathes and one entire series (Lite) that i recently got off of Roost that is still untried.

when STS 2.0 drops, i'll subscribe for a month to try them out. this is a nice compromise to see whether i'll like it or not. i heard she uploads new series to here streaming service right away. it's possible the pre-mixes may be excluded from the streaming service, but i feel fine with this possibility.

the last and only pre-sale i embarked on was the Boss bands set. it was underwhelming. i liked Travel Fit loads better.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 08:10 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
STS 2.0 looks appealing, but i have lots of Cathes and one entire series (Lite) that i recently got off of Roost that is still untried.

when STS 2.0 drops, i'll subscribe for a month to try them out. this is a nice compromise to see whether i'll like it or not. i heard she uploads new series to here streaming service right away. it's possible the pre-mixes may be excluded from the streaming service, but i feel fine with this possibility.

the last and only pre-sale i embarked on was the Boss bands set. it was underwhelming. i liked Travel Fit loads better.
I did the boss bands set also and have only done a part of a workout and it wasn't all that and haven't even opened the one DVD.

I am still happy with my decision to not buy but I feel like I should just because everyone else is but I won't do them, as I have so many Cathe's that are just sitting collecting dust as some are too much impact, and I think I have just found other instructors that excite me to workout. I may be pass Cathe now and if I want I can always subscribe to check out anything new.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe preorder, cathe sts 2.0, sts 2.0