Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-23, 02:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
The rope doesn't hit the edges of the stacked puzzle mats?
no. as long as you keep your arms and hands stable and close to your hips and only turn your wrists.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-23, 03:00 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
no. as long as you keep your arms and hands stable and only turn your wrists.
Okay, thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-23, 05:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I like a cushioned shoe for impact even though I don’t do much jumping these days. I have a neutral foot, since that makes a difference in the shoe choice. I tried a stability shoe for me and the fit felt weird.

Altra IMHO hasn’t been the same since the company was bought, so beware since they now offer models that don’t have the wider “foot shaped” toe box that used to be their trademark. Now you need to check the model to make sure before you buy if you want more toe space. Boo!

DH swears by Hokas. I wait until they are ready to release a new iteration of his favorite and then buy him pairs that are “cheaper” in the soon-to-be-defunct version.

I wear either Brooks Ghost or Glycerin, although I don’t usually buy the Glycerin until the price goes down. I also like the Saucony Ride series. I have a couple of pairs of Mizunos—they have to have the knit upper for my crazy toes. I have way too may workout shoes.

One last note to this random post—I was in Aldi earlier today and they have a screaming deal on puzzle mats, so you might want to take a look if you are going to go that route.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-23, 06:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, cataddict!

I'm so bummed about Altra changing. I had no idea they had been bought or changed or anything! I haven't bought any in a few years bc I haven't run enough to wear mine out just yet and those already are the right size. Sigh. Why do they have to change things???

I wish I had thought to check Aldi when I was out today! We are in the first few hours of a huge snowstorm so I won't be going anywhere till Friday at least! Maybe I'll luck out and still be able to get some. Thanks for the tip!

I checked out the Ropix shoes and they look good and are actually affordable!

I bought Hokas for running several years ago and the toe box was way too narrow in both pairs I bought.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jump rope, ropix, shoes, shoes for high impact, shoes for plyo, sneakers, workout shoes