Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-23, 10:43 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post

MATH TEACHER
Glad you had a lovely birthday - belated wishes for it! Thought you might like this:

I love it!
Thanks for all of the birthday wishes.
Old 01-28-23, 12:38 AM  
bex

So happy to see all the activity in our check-in, even if I haven't been participating. Thanks for all the great wishes! I *did* have a wonderful time in the US for a whole month, and now I'm having the predictable difficulty of getting back into the groove.

Helen it's hilarious to me that my posts would inspire guilty/fomo because that's what I get every time I see other people's workouts. I want to do everything that everyone else is doing! In particular, your commitment to start a cycle of STS has inspired me to re-start IRON. Wish me luck!

Happy belated birthday Math Teacher!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-23, 08:41 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Helen, do you have a video to follow along, or you do your own thing with the trapeze?
I went to YouTube, and found a site dedicated to trepeze workouts - including some that are essentially suspension training like Rip60 or TRX. ElevateMeFIT Downloaded a bunch of things, and burnt to DVD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Helen - The yoga swing is fun! I’ve done a few classes with it and really enjoyed them. I’d get one if I had a place to hang it, my workout studio doesn’t have a high enough ceiling. But TBH, I already have more than enough fitness toys, lol.
More than enough fitness toys I can relate to - hence making my grid so I get to them (5 weeks' worth of things)! As to where to hang it - DH bought RedCords suspension system a few years ago (neither of us have used it much) but there are two sets of hooks in the gym ceiling ready to use - perfect! And the RedCords are in the grid.

MATH TEACHER
Hoped you'd like it. It made me smile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Helen it's hilarious to me that my posts would inspire guilty/fomo because that's what I get every time I see other people's workouts. I want to do everything that everyone else is doing! In particular, your commitment to start a cycle of STS has inspired me to re-start IRON. Wish me luck!
Glad I inspired SOMEONE. I've yet to start though - the heat lately has me in dread already though. Absolutely good luck with Caroline. I've not done any of hers yet, though have downloaded a several of her series. Cathe is familiar - which is always easier to deal with. I'm frankly scared of Caroline.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-23, 02:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
I went to YouTube, and found a site dedicated to trepeze workouts - including some that are essentially suspension training like Rip60 or TRX. ElevateMeFIT Downloaded a bunch of things, and burnt to DVD.
That is awesome! I checked it out, and it looks cool.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-23, 05:37 PM  
AnMrsDe

Happy Sunday!

February thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...44#post2989544

Helen, Nice you can follow along with YT with the trapeze yoga! Just please triple check that those hooks are very secure in your ceiling!!

Jane, does your break from posting mean that you've been busy with your MIL settling into her new place???

Hope to see y'all back in a few days for Feb.!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 02:14 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Helen, Nice you can follow along with YT with the trapeze yoga! Just please triple check that those hooks are very secure in your ceiling!!
No worries, DH built the space, and HE can hang from those hooks. I'm confident.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 08:14 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
No worries, DH built the space, and HE can hang from those hooks. I'm confident.
Oh good…that makes me feel better!

Good luck in February, everyone! Nice to see some new faces, too!!
Old 01-31-23, 08:21 PM  
T2B

Quote:
I checked out the YT clips, it looks very hard, definitely total body strength, at least to my eyes. Have fun with STS, progressive overload = great results (at least for me).

AMD - thanks for starting February. It is good to see the new faces!
BTW, are you going to buy Cathe's new dip bar thingie? I'm not, I'd rather have a squat rack!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 01:37 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, You're welcome! I have no room for that...plus I don't think I'd get much use out of it with my shoulder issues and all. I do what works for me and worked out all these years without it and haven't needed/missed it!

Tags
just the workouts